Clean Uninstall/Reinstall

I wanted to start over with a “clean” install and followed the Microsoft Flight Simulator FAQ entitled How to repair or remove and do a clean install of Microsoft Flight Simulator on Microsoft Store/Gamepass.
After following the instructions I still have all my old settings back. So yes I followed the definition on insanity (thinking I did something wrong) for a total of 3 times. That’s a lot of downloading … 90g+ on the initial and then an additional 35g+ from content mgr.

It does not work.

Does anybody know how to start your settings over again?

1 Like

When you re-installed, did it ask you to sync data?
Your settings are stored in the cloud and get pulled down.

There’s usercfg.opt file that I believe is where these settings are stored (if you installed into default location):
Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_xxx\LocalCache

There’s also some CFG files in that folder that user stored settings.

[quote=“meh1951, post:1, topic:302879, full:true” a “clean” install
[/quote]
######################################################################

A brave man !

I take my hat off to you and offer you my full respect. I’ve been tempted to do the same myself a couple of times but backed off at the last moment after learning of other people’s frustrations. It doesn’t always seem to be as straightforward as we would like. Maybe there are some hidden files somewhere that need resetting?

I really hope you get it sorted soon :relaxed:

1 Like

It did not ask it just did the sync. The UserCfg.opt file (viewed with Notepad) looks more like what my graphics card is capable of…

Thanks for the tip.

I just did mine a few weeks back (micro-soft store) and had no issues.

1. removed thru add & remove programs.
  2. reinstalled from the store. it put back all my saved settings just as it was.

i did the same thing but now, all my airplanes are gone…do u know where and how to put them back

I wanted to not put back all my settings. I wanted to start over from scratch.

Go into the Content Manager to see if they are there.
If you have a face tracking; facetracknoir (3rd party) you will need to uninstall it.

1 Like

Not sure you can, Only thing you may be able to do is reset your settings to default.

yep … looks that way to me also

no 3rd party anything

Unfortunately that’s the way of online programs they never actually delete everything.

3rd party: That was for a reply to @UnitiveSleet530, who somewhat hijack your thread. All good!

The problem is that through the patches things are not saving like they used to so I thought a fresh clean install would fix it.

So no I’m still not saving my flights correctly etc.

A bug with the log book. Add your vote here

I did a complete Windows Reinstall, all Settings of my controller were saved. So it’s not a fault of yours, it’s saved in your Online Profile.

i put the a320 nx through installer…it is in the community folder…but not there in the sim…the whole thing is driving me nuts !!!

This last patch broke several add-ons. You will need to move out items in the Community folder. Some add-on makers have already “fixed” the problem but you will need to redownload them from where you got them. It was a problem in the JSON files. This is why you are not seeing it in the sim.

There’s plenty posts on this forum about add-ons in the Community folder and this last patch.

Its not just the logbook

If I change planes do a short flight when I go back to make another flight it does not remember what plane I was using. Same with weather.

This post is out of date