Click-spots and scroll-buttons are off in SU7

Anyone else experience this, the click-spots in cockpits are off, not on spot, just a tad after the update?

I´m using legacy and 1080p resolution.

5 Likes

+1
I’m using legacy cursor mode.

Same here. Legacy and 4k resolution.

Yeah it’s a teensy bit shifted to the top left

Same here. Legacy on 1440p monitor. Seems to also affect both default and payware aircrafts.

whew…thought I was the only one.

Same… Legacy on 1080p

Yep. Just one more silly and unnecessary regression.

1 Like

It’s called a bug. It happens. Chill with the hyperbole.

1 Like

Hyperbole? I don’t think so. It is indeed silly and unnecessary. A little bit of testing before release would help uncover it. But they seem to be wedded to a release schedule that is beyond their capability to successfully manage. Perhaps it would be better to slow down and take a little more time to do things right, I mean testing changes before pushing them out in a required update.

6 Likes

Make sure you are running the sim in Full Screen or if you are in Windowed mode, maximize it to your monitor. I had that issue too if it was open in a partial window on my (ultrawide) monitor. That fixed it for me.

Some don’t seem to understand that bugs can sneak in when a final build is compiled after feedback from beta testing is in. This update had a beta testing phase.

It’s a bug. Plain and simple. Calling it anything else is hyperbole.

Hyperbole means “exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally”. I don’t know about others posting in this thread but I meant my comments to be taken literally, so by definition, not hyperbole.

That definition of hyperbole is incorrect. The correct one is below.

hyperbole noun
hy·​per·​bo·​le | \ hī-ˈpər-bə-(ˌ)lē
Essential Meaning of hyperbole
: language that describes something as better or worse than it really is

Interestingly, switching to windowed and then full screen again mitigated the issue for me. Now it feels just 3-4 pixels off. Plenty to be workable.

Really? Are we going to argue about which dictionary to use to define words now. In that case I make the point that my definition includes verbiage indicating hyperbole’s role as a figure of speech. As is often the case with words in common use in English there may be more than one meaning or usage. An expanded definition is easily found in Wikipedia:

“Hyperbole is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or figure of speech. In rhetoric, it is also sometimes known as auxesis. In poetry and oratory, it emphasizes, evokes strong feelings, and creates strong impressions. As a figure of speech, it is usually not meant to be taken literally.”

is also known as exaggeration so this covers both of our definitions. Fair enough?

Yea, tried to go from full window mode to windowed mode and then back to full window again. But no changes. no changes on the bad click-spots. I made 6-7 flights and when you do work with the panels and different buttons inside the cockpit this small shift of the click spots become very annoying. Some of them are way-off.

Have no idea how to fix it but it have to get fixed.

A silly and unnecessary bug indeed

Please join in this B&I report. Thanks.