Cloud data corrupted?

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Microsoft store

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
No

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
Upon loading the sim, the blue bar goes almost all the way across the screen, then the sim crashes to desktop.

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Somehow make the cloud data for your account corrupt - I don’t know how to corrupt it in the first place.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
Threadripper 2920x, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090, Windows 10 Pro, 5120x1440 display

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
1.18.xx

I’ve seen someone say “make a family account and login with that, then start the sim”. Fine, I did, and it worked the first time only. The nex time I wanted to fly, it didn’t work. It still crashes to desktop.

I have tried both my main account and a family account on two computers. The same behavior each time.

Someone pointed out “perhaps you should use your xbox to delete the saved data in the cloud”, them assuming I also have an Xbox Series S or X, which I don’t… I’ve been looking for ways to delete my stored user data from the cloud from my PC for at least a month now. I don’t care if I lose out on savegames and progress in other MS Store games, I just want to be able to fly again, not being able to since late July.

I’m getting desperate! Feels like my money is lost, all while I don’t have any clue or sign whether MS or the devs are actually doing anything with the matter to solve this for me and so many others who seem to have the same issue with some, seemingly random, DLL file not playing ball, while the problem might be elsewhere.

8 posts were merged into an existing duplicate topic: [BUG LOGGED] CTD on loading - 100% reproducable - Account Issue

3 votes have been moved.