Cloud texture shows vertical lines AMD DX12

I suggest everyone also report this using the AMD bug reporting tool.

2 Likes

SU12 Beta is out. I’m gonna test if the issue is still present in a bit

Issue still present

4 Likes

That’s unfortunate. Just checked, it’s the same for me.

So frustrating that this is still the issue!! DX12 performance however is so much better than DX11 for me. I swear that it runs smoother but with the vertical lines it’s back to DX11 until maybe one day it will be fixed?

1 Like

Same for me, when this issue will be fixed, I will probably stay with DX12 (unless we discover some other bugs :smiley: )

Another minor AMD driver update released (23.2.123.2.2).

I’ll test if anything has changed in a bit (don’t think so)

No change with the latest BETA (1.31.18.0) and latest AMD driver (23.2.2)

Good job DX11 is working well for me.

1 Like

Yep, can confirm, issue still present!

Anyone an idea, how I can get rid of these “cloud bars”?

I upgraded my Radeon RX5700 to a Radeon RX6700XT last Thursday - maybe that is the reason?
At the same time, on Friday there was the latest MSFS-update, so I am not sure, what the reason could be.

In external view, clouds look normal. Only in cockpit view, it makes problems.

I tried it with another plane - same results.
I am using Ultra-settings on new card. Reduced to low - no change. Tried to play around with other settings one by one, but no success. Or do I have to restart MSFS to see some of the changes in graphic settings?

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

YES

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Radeon RX 6700XT

Are you using DX12?

YES

Are you using DLSS?

YES

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

For now, the only fix is to run on DX11 unfortunately!

If you have the same issue, the only thing we can do is vote this thread and file a bug report with the AMD tool. You can find useful links pinned at the top of the thread :slight_smile:

2 Likes

or you could use dx11. submit an AMD bug report if you haven donde so already. we still dont know if its the game or drivers or both thats causing this. and dont count on a quick fix. there are bugs peresent since the alpha and are not slated to be fixed any time soon.

1 Like

Ok, I just tweaked down settings and used DX11 in VR Quest 2, and actually it worked better. TAA instead of FSR2 QUALITY. I missed the reflections and textures of DX12 but whatever, at least I could make an IFR flight. Hope really hoping that this issue with vertical bands get fixed soon. :frowning:

yes very disappointing. was looking forward to dx12 for a while now and I think this is the only card affected by such a bug.

I reported this with the AMD bug tool report, with more people making pressure about this on AMD and Asobo, maybe they can fix it.

1 Like

What reflections and textures? I thought that other than FSR/DLSS/frame generation DX12 and DX11 should produce identical results?

still getting the bars on 23.3.1

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting!

1 Like

The bolts on the wings have a better 3d texture, or model I don’t know exactly but they seem to protrude and have better realism using DX12

1 Like

Ok, thanks! I’ll look for it!