CN Tower is worse in World Update 11

WHAT IS THIS…

You call this a CANADA update and the most iconic structure not only is all melted but missing the top half???

I appreciate the updates being free and I get nothing is perfect but common… really …
I can accept the lower resolution photogrammetry, I can accept all the strange artifacts in the building (trees and objects), I can accept the stadiums like Rogers Centre and BMO arent poi`s and look terrible (even though the last few world updates they had many stadiums done)…but the CN Tower, no, I’m sorry

I cant understand how someone looked at this and said… yea it looks great! ready for release

Very disappointed

11 Likes

Having the same issues here. Even changed all scenery settings to absolute max… Still looks terrible. Not impressed with this release at all…

1 Like

Wow, what have they done to Canada! CN tower looks like it is melting, many of the buildings look - well - broken. Please, fix this - I do realize World Update 11 just came out but really, how can you let this happen. I am on an Xbox.

2 Likes

Yes, please revert to the old Toronto - you just ruined the city.

4 Likes

Still looks better than London but yeah hope they fix these cities

I was ready to be very happy… I live very near CPB9. I was happy to see that a local park now had the little ski hill… (The ROC its called)… flying along I was thinking, oh great, I bet the 5 year old construction might be done…nope… it just kept getting worse as I flew south.

This must be some server bug or something… I can’t believe they could have thought this was ok to release like this.

1 Like

Having the same issue, CN Tower looks horrible. They should really fix this quickly

1 Like

Thought world updates where meant to showcase both the country and msfs , so how can they let something like can tower go live like that ? Surely someone must have checked it ?

2 Likes

I am having the same issue. CN Tower looks exactly like this. And many buildings are very jagged and rough looking like the City Hall post. Trees in some areas do not look like trees, but partially rendered.

Oh and THE CREDIT RIVER in Mississauga is STILL A CLIFF. This river should be sitting below road level. One of my screenshots shows Dundas in Mississauga going sharply up, levels off, and then sharply down. This is the area around the U of T Mississauga, Dundas descends into the credit river area here like a valley. This “ridge” needs to be flattened and then receded in a valley formation along the river

In one of my screenshots, there is a VERY large tree alongside the 410 near Eglington in Mississauga that really needs to relax a little lol. It needs to be a lot smaller.

1 Like

Since the update WU X it been like this. Everything is a disaster on the Great Lakes.

1 Like

Someone above made a reference to sharp looking texture changes in Mississauga, and I can confirm this is the case as well

2 Likes

Uninstalled WU11 for now. Definitely a disappointment after waiting for it.

4 Likes

Im going to give this WU one more try tonight, if it’s still the same mess then I’m un-installing as it’s made every city worse IMO. There are too many trees (again), the CN Tower is a melted candle, half the buildings have trees growing in them and go transparent.

They made them discovery flights too, which is doubly bad as it means they actually think it’s acceptable! (I’m on series X).

2 Likes

Only available on PC at this point and I realize not everyone wants to spend $11 to fix this but the CYTZ payware airport on sale at Marketplace/Orbx does model this correctly (in addition to the airport upgrade and other landmarks) and works well with WU11.

2 Likes

This is update is a real insult to Canadian simmers. As a Torontonian, this is a kick in the teeth. Not only is the CN tower a fail (unless it’s meant to be a symbol of the Leaf’s inability to get anywhere near a Stanley Cup) but the whole waterfront seems to have been engulfed by a magical forest. The Bloor Viaduct over the DVP, another iconic Toronto structure, is a wall. Didn’t anyone look at RL images? For shame. (Though, weirdly, except for the meltathon that is the Humber River Bridge, the High Park area is strangely detailed, sharp, and accurate.)

12 Likes

Xbox series x

Before (taken moments before installing world update Canada)

After

4 Likes

It looks like this is just being rendered by the photogrammetry system. Which means it’s not hand-modelled. It also didn’t appear to be when looking on the World screen post WU11. Before WU11 it didn’t appear to be hand-modelled either, which is fine, as it was passable. But how can you release a Canada World Update and not give the CN Tower the hand-modelled treatment? This should have been the very first building custom modelled. Very bizarre choice.

5 Likes

I also noticed when I was watching the WU11 trailer from Xbox, when they were going through the new places, they listed Edmonton Alberta. However the shot from that was Calgary! This actually upset me. Real disappointment from Xbox and MSFS. Plus the CN Tower looks like half of it is collapsing. How could they screw up this bad.

2 Likes

Well I must add my 2 cents in here also. The Toronto downtown was much better before the update. ALANajh above, has described exactly what I am seeing. Very disappointed in this update. I have spent 4 or 5 hours trying to see if it was one of my settings that was doing this. I finally saw this list of posts confirming that it is not my setup but an issue with the update. Let’s hope this gets fixed quickly.

Edit: Oct 3 2022
Flying along the QEW to the west there are what looks like triangle/diamond shapes floating in the air. Looks like maybe tops of light poles. I decided to fly into one just to see if it was like a taxi arrow or truck at an airport and go right through it. Well, it was like hitting a rock wall. Ended up on the ground among the other boulders and ridges of the QEW. It was kind of like a flight challenge trying to fly without hitting them.

1 Like

Hello everyone I just downloaded the Canada world update and it looks amazing except the CN tower in Toronto it looks deformed.
Can any developer fix it?

Thx.