CN Tower is worse in World Update 11

I have a very powerful PC, and I thought something happened to it when I saw the CN Tower. This is one of Canada’s main landmarks, which was supposed to be fixed from the original MSFS release. Then I saw the broken Gardiner Expressway… then City Hall, then messed up Niagara Falls on Canada side. Blackshark AI need a new AI. Asobo, you disgraced our country Canada. Microsoft must fix all the mess. WOOOOW!

6 Likes

I will buy this to feel that I wasn’t slapped in the face. Asobo must redo the update. Quality control Red Alert :rotating_light:

1 Like

Total insult. I fly in VR, so imagine flying regularly, then you see this UPDATE? I’m still shocked. Blackshark ai needs maaaaajor improvements

3 Likes

CN tower looks like a bee hive. It’s like they rushed WU 11 right out the door and said that’s good enough. What a insult to us Canadians.

3 Likes

I agree can Tower looks bad and I have voted.

Seem to be some unusually heavy pruning of this thread for some reason but I’ll say this anyway because it’s relevant - the CN tower needs revising hence the vote - but there’s evidently many more issues with this World Update including sunken holes in rivers, raised rivers and Matrix Film style bridges which i can see in screenshots above. If this voting gets noted let’s hope that’s not at the expense of ignoring all the other defects.

6 Likes

Im usually not a very critical person but after flying through toronto, there are mutiple objects/structures that look like either “crumpled paper” or like its melting. Im guessing that this is more of a bug than actually what was intended, but regardless it should be re examined by the team in my opinion.

3 Likes

I need to come back to this and admit that the update had not applied when I posted this (I was mistaken), now I’m seeing the same issues as reported above which is disappointing.

2 Likes

I think I figured our Micro-Sobo’s business model…

Step 1: Release ok scenery
Step 2: Release world update, destroying “ok” scenery
Step 3: Have 3rd party fix it, then charge for the fix….

Sorry, so dissapointed with this Canadian update. :(. Still going to fly though, and quite enjoying the VI bush trip with all my 3rd party Addons, Tofino, Campbell River, Nanaimo, Qualicum Beach…. Come on someone make us a YYJ!!! Then I need not fly anywhere else…. :wink:

2 Likes

Please revert Victoria Vancouver and every other city I’ve flown over!!!

3 Likes

I cleared my Rolling Cache twice. I have had Manual Cache disabled before this update. I restarted my PC after clearing the Rolling Cache through MSFS. And this is the result:

Is the same, I assume that this is the CN Tower that will be seen by many, as this seems to be a photogrammetry issue.

2 Likes

From a distance it looks like King Kong is climbing the tower!

5 Likes

I was also expecting the CN Tower to be hand crafted. Considering it is a major attraction and such a tall structure one would think it would be given more attention as far as detail. Perhaps in a future update?

1 Like

In my opinion, world updates really need to have a major focus on bug fixing in the region, instead of just content. Stuff like the Mississauga/Credit River Elevation Bug, which was logged, were not fixed at all.

I’m happy with the updated satellite imagery especially downtown Toronto as stuff like harbourfront is no longer under construction (which ended in like 2015) however the CN Tower being like that is an absolute joke, fortunately I don’t have to worry about it as I have the FSimStudios CYTZ scenery however that’s something that should’ve never passed QA, if that even exists.

6 Likes

I’m wondering … hoping maybe … if there is a Bing map data update coming. I’m assuming it is Bing map data that is the source of the elevated rivers, colour banding on the landscape from satellite banding (where huge sections are a different colour, with a distinct line stretching across the ground), and so on. I sort of thought the World Updates were Bing updates, but I guess not? The 2nd USA update included new “elevation data” so perhaps we have to wait for Canada II

1 Like

This appears to be a truly awful update. There seems to be some nice additional points of interest as described in the promotional material. Unfortunately this seems to be at the cost of many iconic buildings and structures. Much of the city of Toronto looks post-apocalypse. Ottawa seems to be a mix with some improvements at the cost of other structures. Niagara falls appears to have suffered the same fate.

I’ll continue to explore more when I have time but if it all looks this bad I may uninstall this world update. It seems that the scenery dev team didn’t give this update the same level of care that was given to the UK, Germany, U.S., etc. Sad to see.

5 Likes

Congratulations, you’ve unlocked flight simulator the walking dead easter egg

1 Like

well, it’s not a real bug… it is how PG works. And in real the airplane flies far above that Tower and not 5meters aways from that :joy:

1 Like

The fact its a Discovery Flight makes this even worse. These are supposed to be sightseeing tours to show off the great technical features of FS. WU 11’s Toronto is a flying ad for Xplane 12. Very disappointed in the lack of focus by Asobo on this. I think it shows the waning interest in closing out the content portfolio for FS.

5 Likes

Very sad–this gap is exactly why this update is so incredibly insulting to Canadian simmers.

2 Likes

We went backwards! and the Credit river topography still above Mississauga elevation. Disappointing.

2 Likes