Coastline glitch - water creeping up coasts/cliffs

Please ASOBO fix this ASAP. Thank you.

I fly all over the Caribbean and the issue has ruined my simming experience.

3 Likes

Same here. Seeing it in the Caribbeans.

Example at Faroe Islands:

Far away:

Coming closer it dissapears:

Sun behind hill, but same thing:

2 Likes

I first thought it was a minor ongoing problem as I believe it was somewhat there before but after a flight in the Caribbean and Pacific Northwest it’s far worse than I realized. This needs to be addressed and the worseness of it was introduced in ‘World Update II USA’.

Totally agree. And that dang horizon line! I know, there’s already tons of ongoing reporting about that, but look that that first photo in the last post
 not only is there the water cliff creep but that dang horizon line. So sad looking and immersion breaking.

1 Like

I continue to wonder how nobody notices these things during testing? Why can’t they have 100 or 1000 representative screenshot locations that you could diff after features or major changes; this doesn’t have to be manual, it can be mostly automated. I completely support making tweaks and trying to make the sim more efficient, but it seems to be coming at the cost of substantially degraded visual quality and immersion.

1 Like

The Japanese sea is in the same state.
I love to fly over the coastline with lots of islands, but this bug makes me feel very sad.

Thanks everyone for your responses so far. Hoping we can get enough votes to make the weekly leaderboard thing.

I dont have any evidence that it wasn’t like this earlier than the latest patch (I don’t always fly coastal) but I do feel surely I (and others) would have recognised/identified it.

I also want to make clear that I am very much enjoying the sim and my intentions in creating this topic are in the interest of ongoing improvement and community engagement
not to take the developers to task.

2 Likes

Besides the screwed up coastlines, the horizon line issue is still there

As for the coastlines, I think it was not so right after the update, I remember my first flight just after the Update 7 and coastlines were almost all rendered as they should be.

I just found out the steep coastlines cropped like this into the water over the weekend, may Asobo change some data without the simmers knowing !

Those shores reminded me of FS2004.

Most simmers don’t enjoy FS2020 as they hardly get round to play it other than constantly discuss it.

We are free beta testers

Same bug all around the sim world. This happened with the last USA update but every coast is concerned. I noticed that’s happened mainly whent you’ve the sun in front of you.

Thanks! I didn’t even notice the horizon line yet. It’s a lot more subtle than the coastal thing. Will report to zendesk.

I only noticed it after the latest update too. It is very noticable and I flew over other islands just before the update, so I think I would’ve seen it then. If it wasn’t the update, maybe something on the back-end supporting the scenery. Who knows :man_shrugging:

I am mostly flying in the 7,100 islands Philippines and it is surely not present before update #7. It’s really an eyesore, Hope it will be fix on the next update. I upvote it!

bump

with a hefty fps reduction you can change this to look awesome again by editing the user.cfg TerrainLOD 350 ObjectLOD 250. OR ASOBO/Microsoft could first “finish” this game and not let everyone be the paying beta tester.
LOD both to 200

1 Like

An update - have received the generic reply letting me know the ticket I submitted has been added to the tracker:

We have recorded the bug you have submitted in our internal bug and issue tracker.

If you are seeing this issue please keep voting. We have more than 100 now.

Isn’t this weird ? We haven’t almost no real issues solved so far, while after each update several new petty or outstanding problems arise.

1 Like

Watch the answer about the night lighting bug in this video, from 15:33 

NB: this is a terrain problem: far away it’s not precise, so this causes several problems. I guess if they make the terrain more precise further away, there will be a price to pay, ie less performance?

All settings maxed.

Right after the Japan update:

Now:

Also note the ugly horizon line.

3 Likes

The problem is still here after the latest patch (Dec 3rd Update). I was hoping this was on the agenda this time around.

Saw this happen today around Ha Long Bay, Vietnam. It made the entire area look really ugly.

1 Like