Coastline glitch - water creeping up coasts/cliffs

What a pity that ghostly line is still there ! I see it almost in every flight.

1 Like

The archipelago looks like a bunch of mud lumps.

Same around all italian island here…

Not sure where your getting those setting numbers but they start off at LoDFactor 1.2 and LoDFactor 1.3. Changing them to around 5.0 causes framerate issues let alone 350 or 250. There’s little change at around 2.9 but not enough to eliminate the issue. A setting of 5.0 for those settings has the sim unplayable or at FSX performance without tweaks. I was hoping this would work but settings of 350 and 250 is flat out ‘Fake News’…

If they somehow could force a higher res lod just around the shorelines I think this could be solved. By just adjusting the lod-factor we make everything high res, including inland terrain that doesn’t look that bad with low res meshes.

Have your reflections off the water always looked that “grainy” or did that occur with the coastline glitch you are noticing?
Picture flying over NTTB, medium graphics settings with RTX 2080 and i7 8700K @ 3.7

Although not able to be seen in the picture, I have experienced this coastline glitch as well.

The graininess is due to the algorithm for rendering volumetrics/reflections, which is based on taking a certain amount of samples and then smoothing it out with the help of TAA. So to reduce grain you have to up the quality of reflections to get more samples/grains/pixels in you reflection and then smooth those out with the help of TAA and increasing the render scale above 100%. I’ve also noticed that lower framerates makes it more noticeable. So you have to find a balance there.

Edit: It could also be that the optimizations they are doing affects how many samples are taken for distant reflections, but I haven’t compared between patches. I just know they have been gradually nerfing the quality overall.

1 Like

And this is the italian coast, close to the beautiful Capri island…

1 Like

This is absolutely immersion breaking…considering how this used to look at release, so incredibly disappointed

I have no doubt this will be fixed. Just hope we don’t have to wait till Christmas to get it fixed. They should upload an hotfix TODAY.

1 Like

If you still not convinced this is a BIG BUG… some real close shots at TFFJ (default scenery).

Sadly really destroys the feeling…
afbeelding
afbeelding

3 Likes

Same here, never experienced this before the USA patch but suddenly those water polygons are ruining the scenery. I can’t believe Asobo did actually release a patch with an Alaska bush trip where this bug seems even worse than in other places.

Same here. This reminds me of FS2004.

2 Likes

Can confirm all this. So frustrating. They fix one thing and then break another.

Thanks everyone for your added evidence. I know the Zendesk process is quite involved but I would encourage everyone to submit bug reports with screenshots attached.
Cheers

I remember this dreaded water climb issue from the early FS9/FSX era. Hope that devs will see this thread and issue a hotfix soon.

Yes, I did it :+1:

I’m pretty sure I‘d seen it before the patch. It might have got worse though. Looks like a LOD problem to me, i.e. mesh details aren‘t fully loaded in the distance. Whatever the reason, I hope they can fix it.

Not only in the distance , look at that :

Look at this sequence, the bug is still there even on the last shot, and I’m above the shore…