Cockpit state not saved/loaded when saving/loading a Fenix A320 flight?

Hi,

I often save my flight because MSFS crashes every now and then.

Yesterday I had to reload a flight but the Fenix A320 loaded the default state (as set in EFB). I had to re-enter everything in the FMS, annoying.

So is this functionality (save/load exact state) not implemented in the Fenix A320?

For exmaple, PMDG has it and it works very well.

If not, can Fenix implement this?

Thanks

1 Like

Same comments/question from me.

1 Like

Same here…

1 Like

Same question from me. :roll_eyes:

1 Like
  1. Are you sure you saved the cockpit state? How do you know?

2. Did you reload the same livery or a different livery?

That does not work. It does not save cold and dark as default even aftet saving. Even so the cabin status. Always cabin off but light on. Other settings will be saved, that is strange part. I use the same livery.
Realy annoying that after start the wonderful push back starts so you got to stop this first before you can set it to cad.

1 Like

@mdapol:

1. Where is the option to save the exact panel state?
  2. I loaded the flight, made no changes to it

In the Fenix tablet, Fenix app, Panel States tab.

I set Turnaround w GPU and it works for me. Set it to Default state.

When you load in there is often a few seconds delay while the state changes.

I heard (rumor) that each livery is saved independently. So if you change United Airlines it won’t affect other airlines.

I understand that the plane only saves one out of four Âż? pre-defined states (cold & dark, turnaround GPU, turnaround APU or ready). Correct?
But I think it DOES NOT SAVE the ACTUAL status of every single variable (including MCDU flight plan, PERF parameters, weight parameters, etc.).
So, if you load a saved flight (.FLT file) the plane spawns without AP and without flight plan, and you have to program it all again - at the same time as you try to keep your heading and altitude…
Please correct me if I am wrong (and I would love to be wrong), but I just tried it once (loading a saved .FLT flight) and this is what happened to me (same as it happens with the FBW A320). So, it is a real challenge to set everything up again while on the middle of flight.
The funny think is that if you open the .FLT file with Notepad, all (or most) of the specific vars which are unique to the Fenix seem to be saved there. So, why is it not possible to load the flight and to load again everything into the MCDU plus autopilot, light switches, etc. etc.?
I do not think it is so difficult (especially since the Fenix runs its own external .EXE app) to save the full state of the plane at a given moment, and to restore it later. In case this is not possible because of MSFS’s architecture, tt could be even added as a separate option in the EFB (such as “save current aircraft state” / “load saved aircraft state”).

2 Likes

That could be a solution with the liveries, I will check it, thanks.

@jfoguet61 I think you are right.

I think Fenix did not program the required save/load logic.

PMDG did it for the 737-700 and it works 100% correct.

The only thing Fenix needs to do is to create special procedures that are called when a flight is saved / loaded. Probably there are already pre-defined events.

In these procedures, they have to read data from the save file or there own additonal save file and set the aircraft state accordingly.

I would have expected this functionality in a plane that has the high quality standard that the Fenix A320 has.

And we all know that MSFS crashes every once in a while. So this logic is needed.

1 Like

Yes, and besides protection against crashes, I would like to pick up the aircraft on the next day just as I left it the day before…
All light potentiometers, all switches, etc.
Come on, Fenix guys, this cannot be too difficult to build in!

1 Like

And how do you know this? Are you a software developer.

@mdapol: Well, PMDG did it. They implemented it in the MSFS 737.

Yes, I also love to continue with the next flight on the next day. I don’t like having to create a new flight, find the correct gate etc.

I just want to load and continue where I left off.

3 Likes

I am not a software developer.
But I wrote a simple visual basic script on MS-EXCEL to customize to my taste the cold and dark start-up file for the FBW320 ( just a simple search and replace in the file Apron.FLT). Took me like two hours…
So I am confident that for the Fenix guys what we ask for should be piece of cake…

1 Like

As the Fenix is using a backend piece of software that runs all the systems and does the calculations etc, it may not be possible that this is able to backfill the state of a mid flight aircraft? I dont know but I am just saying. PMDG does everything within MSFS the Fenix does all the systems in the additional software so it just may not be possible and may be beyond their control.

1 Like

Yes I that that too, maybe it does not work with the Propilot backend.

This is absolute essential function for me if anyone can save and restore will buy this but holding back purchase till they sell a working product.

1 Like

Saving state does not denote a working a product. The product works fine, just not as you want! That does not make it a “non working product” By those standards MSFS is a non working product, Visual Studio is a non working product etc etc…

Default planes just about save state in some cases, Saving the 100’s or even 1000’s of parameters a plane needs at this level, plus the concurrent calculations going on is no easy task, and especially when there is a 3rd party backend (pro Sim) involved.