Cockpit tooltips

Yes there’s needs to be an option to turn it off. Handy when you are first in a new aircraft to work everything out, after that they are just a pain. Put a bug report in.

Your guess is as good as mine. I can only suggest that you do the following:

1. File a support ticket and use the category ‘Feedback & Feature Requests’
  2. Go to this thread: Cockpit tooltips and vote for this feature request.

Done#1 multiple times since the Alpha. This is a bugbear voiced since day one and an example of a simple thing being ignored. I understand why in the alpha and beta they did not want it implemented so that labels etc could be checked but not implementing it now is sloppy and there is no excuse. Same with trim sensitivity.
I appreciate your role as a moderator and was one of the first to recognise the great contribution you, as a team of moderators, made throughout the Alpha and Beta, when the beta ended. But please, your answers here need to be stronger so that the team start to get the message that we testers worked tirelessly for months to highlight basic issues which now, 6 months later, are still issues.
Not personal to you @Nyx1819 but time for the team to act on some of these 6 month old issues.
Thank you.

3 Likes

I’ve got a quick and ■■■■■ solution, probably breaks other tooltips I haven’t considered or encountered. So far is playing nice with onAir and Linda.

■■■■■? Why can’t I type the word d i r t y??

3 Likes

I’m using MS Store version and community package works like a charm, as I couldn’t edit files by myself !!! Thanks a lot !!!

no more tooltips in cockpit

FF

1 Like

Very welcome pal :slight_smile:

@PhutureProof
Magic. Many thanks.
(But why could the people at Asobo have fixed this ages ago? It’s been a bugbear since the early Alpha’s. They have no idea how to develop “love” in the community. Hopefully they’ll learn)

1 Like

I can’t speak for asobo and wasn’t part of the release candidate trials. Refuse to call it an alpha lol. They got a lot of other fixes to be working on!

Downloading and putting the files into the Community directory works great for me - tooltips gone and I haven’t noticed anything else broken yet. (MS Store version)

Thanks heaps.

PeteClyde

1 Like

How hard is it to shut off tooltips. Driving me crazy, can’t this option be activated. I understand if you are just learning how to use flight simulation but some of us have been doing this a LONG time. Thanks for the help.

There is a feature request thread open for this, feel free to go and upvote it: Cockpit tooltips

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. The way these forums are setup I wasn’t sure if the issue will get looked at. A topic can fall way down the list really fast.

No problem. The #self-service:bugs-issues and #self-service:wishlist sections have a vote function (as mentioned above). Voting is important, users you can sort by the most voted topics in those sections.

1 Like

You can help make topics better by giving them descriptive titles. “For the love of everything holy!” isn’t going to help anyone looking for threads on tooltips, and just adds to clutter in the subject list.

1 Like

I have changed the topic title & added the #ux tag. I am not sure why I did not do it last night.

1 Like

I’ve had a go at this myself and it probably breaks some stuff I haven’t thought about but here we go.