Cockpit tooltips

There is no way to switch it off, it’s obstructing view to perform the tasks because it’s too big.
I tried…
Options-Assistance–Notification-Piloting & Controls Notifications - OFF
&
General - accessibility - show tool tips tab - OFF
Not working !!

No Solution

1 Like

Hi there @CaptNewton!

Could you please provide a screenshot of the tooltips you’re having issue with please?
It may also be helpful to the developers to share your screen resolution, as well as the plane you find the issue most frequently with.

I think it’s quite obvious. It’s the tooltips you see whenever you hover over any active element in the cockpit.

1 Like

Not really.
I’ve never noticed the tooltips at all, hence why I asked what Resolution CaptNewton is playing at, and what aircraft he found this most annoying on.

I play at 2560x1440, but many play at 1920x1080 or even lower resolutions. There could well be a scaling issue, hence why I suggested taking a screenshot.

When it comes to developing games, software or anything else, you cannot presume that the other person ‘knows what your talking about’.

Also, if you’re more concise with your feedback and requests, your opinion is more likely to be heard and understood, even if it is a ‘simple’ issue.

While I agree with you in general, there are dozens of people in here who exactly know what is meant without any screenshot.

Here is temporarily solution I Think I've removed the Tooltips

2 Likes

That’s The first thing I tried to disable while being in the alpha and being unable to do it even now it has become frustrating so, count me in to add an option to disable them.

I have found a partial solution to the the problem with ToolTips. Make sure that your cursor size is the smallest you can use, the Go to Options/Accessibility and reduce the size of Interface Scale to 60 or 50% and now is a lot easier to move the dials in the Garmins. There is a lot of small tricks that the “YouTubers” don’t mention in their tutorials, they like to show off with their big screens, latest Graphic Cards and tons of RAM. They don’t realize that most people do not have the hardware and cannot replicate easily what they do, Squirrel is one of those.

My main gripe with this sim. I tried 4 times to turn the outer NAV knob which was coverd by ■■■■ label. :rage: ARG

My vote is in, I hope they are listening, however this has been reported multiple times, and it looks like they don’t care or don’t want to change. The funny things is that they have an option to turn those annoying tool tips ON or OFF, however the option does not do anything… is soooo annoying…

It does not work on mine either. Dev’s must get rid of it. I’ll go back to Xplane/P3D until they fix it.

These tooltips were obviously designed for 4k where they look ok but in 1080 they are an obstruction. Let‘s hope that the next patch allows to turn them off.

Here we are 3 patches later and this still not resolved yet. Can MS and Asobo listen to such a number of requests to provide an option to disable the popup buttons labels. There are so many complaints about it.
Very annoying. This is not an arcade game…

There is a mod which still works after the patch but yes, they simply don’t care about anything except their eye candy and tooting their own trumpet.
Search the forum for PHP-No-Tooltips-Fix.

1 Like

This is the mod you want:

And I also use this, toolbar arrow remover:

2 Likes

This item was delivered as part of Update 5 (v1.10.7.0).

hi all,
I can’t get rid off these tips from cockpit. I changed and look every possible settings to off and still they are shows up in cockpit which is annoying

is this a bug or can be removed somehow ??
Thx
FF

Cockpit tooltips cannot be disabled.

thanks for info,
but is it possible to raise a request or enhancement where we can turn on and off… for most advanced users it is most likely annoying feature.
if so where should i address this issue ??

FF

This is an issue which has been reported for over 6 months.
Sure, for some they are very useful. To others they are an annoying nuisance.
There is an option to turn them off in the setup. When will that be implemented?
Thank You.