Configuring Thrustmaster T1600 and TWCS Throttle

I spent a fair amount of money in preparation and anticipation of MSFS. Bought and built the best computer I could afford:

MB MSI B450 Carbon Pro AC
GPU MSI Radeon rx5700XT Evoke
CPU Ryzen 5 3600
SSD 1 Tb
Mem 16Gb 3600 DDR4 (will be expanded)
Disp 3 x LG 59G 24" IPS

I have used the Thrustmaster Stick/Throttle combo for about 3 years now but recently bought a new pairing for the new setup (have to say that they seem to have resolved the juddery throttle slide - smooth as silk now). I find now that I can’t use 3 monitors via the sim, although I am going to try Radeon’s Eyefinity multiscreen setup, but first I need to get airborne.

I have spent several hours (and at 75, hours are valuable :smile:) trying to configure the Thrustmaster setup to match the mapping that I have used and am familiar with over the last two years. The setup works fine for every aircraft that I fly on FSX SE, both vintage military jets and piston. I have everything I need and where I like it. I can not get anywhere near achieving my set up. It seems that I am now going to have to use stick, throttle, keyboard and mouse? It would be nice to see a full map, in one place, of what the sim places where at get go - but if it is there I have been unable to find it.

I am sure that someone out there has figured out how to transfer functions from one platform to another in the sim i.e. move functions that the sim places on the keyboard to the TWCS Throttle or functions that are currently on the stick to the throttle. If you are out there :slightly_smiling_face: would you be kind enough to share that process with this dummy who is baffled?

Regards

dave

1 Like

So what is the issue…button and axis assignment?

Hi Dave,
Not what you’re asking for but I found this quite helpful. Like you I have a common setup across p5d and xp and have tried to replicate it here. Only moderate and frustrating success.
The plus it’s that if you screw up the default out of the box settings were not lost. If there is a bonus to this confusing camera set up, that’s it.
Hope it helps you.

1 Like

Thanks for responding fellas, appreciate that. The issue isn’t simply assigning buttons and axes but assigning functions that default had on (let’s say) keyboard to the throttle/stick. The basic approach wouldn’t let me do that - and I’m not about to start using keyboard and mouse again when I have reasonable HOTAS kit.

I discovered the YouTube set up that you pointed me at, by reference to another older thread, just before I got your reply FrankyHut. They seem to be a good series so I have decided to watch them top to bottom. So thanks for the pointer, really useful.

With regard to my query, what I had determined to do was to delete all of the default settings for controls and start from scratch - see what happens. However, now I’ll watch the vids first :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks again guys.

2 Likes

I was trying to get some discussion going on this myself and had started a thread of my own here Let's discuss Thrustmaster T-16000 binds but so far no responses. I haven’t played FSX in quite sometime and the binds I had were pretty simple so, for me, it’s not so much trying to move them as it is rearranging default binds so that they make more sense to me. While I’m trying to work mine out, I’d be interested to know what people are moving and where and also the why behind it. Following someone else’s logic might help me to work out my own. I’m really rusty at all this now and my memory isn’t exactly what it used to be so this may be a stupid question but do we not have .xml bind files somewhere in this sim where people can copy and exchange them and try different configurations out?

1 Like