Connection error/Menu warning

Hello, after the latest update went up and it was downloading I paused it and closed the application. I returned the next day about 12-hours later and loaded the application from steam library expecting to pick up the update from where it left off but to my surprise a “Menu.warning” message came up telling I’ve been disconnected, then an “Error” message and finally a red banner message signing me out of my Xbox live account. I tried to sign back in again but it loaded the game without any internet connection when my net is just fine, everything apparently was accessible but without multiplayer.

I decided that this is unrecoverable after trying my profile menu and the marketplace was locked, otherwise there was no way for me to manipulate the app into connecting me to the server so I uninstalled the app from steam and redownloaded the launcher. Started it again expecting to download the app and its latest update only this time much worse, same game-ending issue but now it takes me back to the startup screen after I sign in to xbox live. I will post photos of my screen in order of their appearance from launching the app to the last “press any key to start” part:

Exact same problem here. Man… I get so tired of them wasting hours of my time on a game I paid full price for and wastes my time more often than not. Not crashing, just bugs and things that don’t work right.

1 Like

I know it doesn’t help but i am also having this at the moment. I have tried all of the xbox cpmpanion lgging in and out and checking the xbox network but no joy.

2 Likes

Same here. It’s not my PC or internet. Every thing else works fine. Cracks me up. I never crash in this game. It ‘runs’ fine… it’s all the bugs like not updating your flt hours, or you nail a 1.6 million landing an poof, it doesn’t update. Wasting my time.

like they say… pics or it didn’t happen. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That is unfortunate… and it isn’t the first huge bug for me either, I’ve had many but kept it quite just because I loved and believed in this program so much. But I’ve about had it and may consider permanently switching over to X Flight or some other well-looked after platform.

Same problem tried the UK download for 8 hrs then paused. Opened up this morning with no restart, no marketplace just a message advising consult the forum. So here I am???

Don’t forget to hit the vote button.

Microsoft Stop making Nice Trailors Exciting people and fix your installer Please

Hi, yesterday evening all worked fine, but this morning I got the “Connection” error message, same as the other users. My connection is OK, BTW, it works properly with all other sites.

3 Likes

Same problem, no more access to the store after the update

1 Like

As the banner on top of the forum reads:

We are aware of the issue affecting connectivity and are working to resolve it ASAP.
Thank you for your patience!

- The Microsoft Flight Simulator Team -

4 Likes

From Spain connect to the Nord d’Europa server from fa 5 minuts

so you managed to successfully download and install the latest update but got the same menu.error and connection error messages?

Same here the the Middle East… paid so much for this software. Its keep telling error in connection. Very dissapointing!

1 Like

came back for me

2 Likes

Issue seems to be resolved.

1 Like

I’m glad it’s resolved, for everyone’s sake! :sweat_smile:

No, the problems are not resolved. I’m in Germany and since the update to 1.13.16.0 I can’t access the marketplace and can’t select a server region - it always stays at automatic, and can’t be changed. The Server select dropbox show no other entry than automatic

1 Like

I had the same issue, also from Germany.
And I could not change the server. It was on automatic forever.
I found in the options under General, Data, that the online functionality was switched off.
I definitely didn’t do that. After I switched it on again, market place was back.

Now I did a complete deinstall and a fresh install on my PC.

Result: MS FlightSim Server are not reachable, the FS want’s to start an update and stops with this error.

So now I did EVERYTHING so solve this issue, without success

–>> MS SERVER ARE NOT REACHABLE !!!

MS FIX YOUR SERVER IN GERMANY!

And my internet is OK, otherwise i could not write this post!