Connection Lost warning everytime

In that box you should have 1-2 Flightsimulator.exe showing 1 should be running and one should be terminated. Thats normal.

If you click on the network display you should have 5 connections for fs running. If you see more connections then 5 for FS its possible (because its happened to me) that someone is masq’ing a machine and doing bad things to the net.

I was getting all kinds of weird traffic one day looked it up and it turned out to be a virtual machine running on the AWS network that someone was using for hacking. This was verified through AWS support.

If it runs no diff with or without vpn, then I would suggest calling the ISP and yelling at them. In the resource monitor for network what are you getting for and AVG MBPS while the game is running. Is the graph a nice smooth curve up and down or does it look like a cardiac patients EKG spiking and flatlining?

Again, thanks for you response. You are alright, I’m having more then 5 connections for MSFS on the newtork display tab. About the avg mbps I’m not sure if I’m looking to the right place, anyway I will attach a image of it.
In this case I’m probably having my network attacked, so what can I do to solve it?

No that actually looks okay, Im not sure what the loopbacks connections are I dont have those on my system, but I have ipv6 disabled as well.

If your router produces log files, check the log file for any attack warnings. If it can produce logs and arent because they’re turned off, turn on logs and let them write for a couple of days and see if your getting warnings from them. You need to have a flight actually running because until the game loads a flight you will get a ton of flightsim* connections while starting up.

If you suspect after that , your being attacked. Either unplug your modem for an hour and hope you get a new IP address, or call your ISP and tell them what you suspect and why, and ask if they can give you a different IP.

Are you playing this in a internet cafe? I ask because I notice one of the connections have .cafe in the name…

Hello again, sorry for the delay on the response. I downloaded the firewall log file from my router but I have no idea what connection can be an attack. If it is possible could you check it for me? Via discord or something, sending the log here is a little crazy lol.

About the cafe nope, I use my own internet, very strange this connections there, could this be an attack?

If your router is producing messages related to possible attacks they will usually look like DOS attk detected , or Syn Flood Detected look for entries in the log files that look like this. If your not seeing this then either your router doesnt detect such things or you might have to look if you can turn the logging to a higher level.

Did you goto dslreports.com and run a speed test I forget if we did that already. If not goto dslreports.com and run the speed test over there. Look at the results it could be high bufferbloat, or a connection issue.

I searched on the log file for “DOS attk detected” and “Syn Flood Detected” and I didn’t found anything, even when searching in portuguese. About the speedtest I did it and the connection to USA seens not to be so good, I will attach the test if you please could check it out.
sppedtest

Hell those are better then my connection here in the states. no bufferbloat etc. so were good in that dept.

Is there not a S. American server you can run from? I havent looked.

For your average mbps, from the task manager click the performance tab, then on the left click on whatever interface your using to connect to the internet ie ethernet. Make sure the rolling cache is off, so you get and idea of your proper data stream.

The sim has to be running a flight so get on a course and set ap for altitude etc before doing the above.

With no cache, here Im getting around 20-30 mbps usually sometimes its less and sometimes its more depends on the time of the day…

Also you can try to change servers to west coast instead of eastcoast though to be honest I got a few of those messages to day myself lol

Try to re-activate Bing data in general options datas menu
It seems to work

Thanks again for you response, you are helping me a lot to solve this huge problm.

servers
I’ve turned off the rolling cache since some days due to the performance degradation on long haul flights before the update 5. My graphics are set to medium and 1080p, when the simulator is connected to the network (usually connects by itself 30 minutes after entering on the menu), I get 5-10 mbps of newtork usage for msfs. When the connection is down I get 0,1mbps on task manager,

About changing the servers unfortunately I only can switch the server when the connection is working…

Hi there,
Thanks for your sugestion but it didn’t worked for me. It connects after some time with de simulator open…

Hi,

I have just recently been experiencing the same issues, it keep telling me I’ve lost internet connection , this image keeps popping up right in the middle of the screen:-
It making the sim unplayable

There is nothing wrong with my internet connection.
I’m currently flying in Tasmania

2 Likes

Have you
1 rebooted modem
2 rebooted router
3 rebooted machine

if yes and it still does it about all you can do if it did work and now doesnt is to call you provider and ask them if there is a network issue.

I had this happen last night, and it took 3 or 4 launched flights before one would actually run. Im thinking that the above is just the equivalent of a MSFS busy signal.

Ok, I have rebooted my devices before but will do so again, just seems a bit odd that i have had this Sim since launch and not once has it complain about internet connection, I update to the latest updates and it keeps happening. A bit of a coincidence don’t you think

What that all those Xbox people have killed the sims bandwidth not at all ROFL. But things do happen in the outside world, I actually had a squirell chew through the network cabling once and it took out 1/2 the neighborhood with terrible service, at least thats what the field tech that came out to trouble shoot said.

Who said anything about Xbox users?
I’m just pointing out that before the update I have never had that message pop up before.

LOL I did, you have to remember all those new players are going to be adding to the load on the servers. So that can very likely be causing lost connection warning. I was getting them yesterday, and the day before as well and I never get them.

Last night it took me 3 tries to get a flight to launch from the world menu, it would just sit at the launch menu the little blue circle would quit spinning and it would never recover. Quit and try again, about the 3rd try it launched and it ran for an hour or 3 before I went to bed.

Ive been having the exact same issue since the last update, but it doesnt resolve. Even left it on overnight and nothing. I can only use MSFS off-line.

My modem is working perfectly. Download speeds on the Telstra Speed Test is 48, so no issues there. I can do everything else on-line. Its only MSFS that cant log on. I’ve gone through all the trouble shooting steps and nothing. Its also on some of the forums, so its not an isolated issue. And its not a modem issue. And its not an issue with our IPs. It’s an MSFS issue.

Yep, it’s driving me crazy, it keeps popping up, this is my internet speed while the game is running.

What does dlsreports speed test tell you about your connection. Normal speed test tells me 120 20 grade A when I goto dslreports it tells you about bufferbloat. When I run the test there I still get fantastic speed grade A, but bufferbloat was 2000-5000 ms.

When using my router to clean up the connection, to get A’s all across the board, I had to set the filter in the router to the point it was getting about 70-80 down but 10 up. On a 120 20 connection.

Bufferbloat is akin to having a basketball (incomming data from net) and dropping it into a milk bottle (the modem), when you fix the issue (if this is what you have) you need to replace the modem (puma based) with a new modem (broadcom based) which makes it more akin to dropping a basketball into a bucket.

From personal experience ‘It does make a difference with the sim’.

There is nothing wrong with my equipment, i don’t get this with anything else, it keeps popping up every few minutes then go and said connection restored. it’s unplayable.

1 Like