Constant CTD every flight now (ntdll.dll)

I’m in UK.Using Build 9.Had the CTDs over the weekend.Mid range system.

Last night one 65 minute in USA flight with PMDG 737-700.Live traffic,live weather all on.Back to normal

Done 3 hours ORD-LAS today.No problems.

CTD are randomly. One trip can’t be result “back to normal”. Do more trips.

4 Likes

Same experience, the last 2 days there was no chance 2 fly, any try ends on Desktop.
Now since 4 in the Morning up to know i havent any ctd, without any changes…

I’m beginning to be beyond doubt now.

It would seem that whatever magic they did to the SU10 beta build that improved performance the way it did was causing the crashes. It would appear that has been rolled back as I’ve just done a 2hr plus flight in the Fenix without problem. However, the performance of the sim is right back where it was during the previous build I.e. very poor indeed.

2 Likes

2 clear trips actually.Another after lunch.Then other after that.

I’m seeing more and more posts now of people saying they’re not seeing CTDs anymore. (Still also a lot of people saying they do, mind you)

I personally don’t even want to start a flight because the thought of it ending in another CTD is a huge turnoff. I just don’t want to take the chance.

With that in mind, some sort of official statement “we believe it’s fixed” or even “we’re still working on it” would be highly appreciated.

I’ve been reading every single post on this thread over the past few days, so I’m aware community managers and other Microsoft/Asobo affiliated people have in fact been paying attention, but I would really appreciate one of those banners they do at the top of this site sometimes, or some sort of acknowledgement on the MSFS Twitter. This ‘official’ silence on the topic is just maddening.

19 Likes

The point is the community should not have to be trying to fix an issue that is server side. Some ‘fixes’ or ‘workarounds’ may very well work for some, for a while, but they may also be totally coincidental and random. Remember correlation is not causation.

In my opinion, the .dll CTD’s are a red herring here - some are having .dll CTD’s and some are having memory access/read/write CTD’s. I think all of these CTDs are being caused server side but are showing themselves in different ways on end user PC’s. No point spending all our time trying to fix ntdll.dll for example when a lot of other users are having memory read/write CTD’s. I would bet my bottom dollar on this issue being server side related to either high network usage or network problems, SU10 preparations or gamescom - or a mixture of all three things.

3 Likes

You all had the world update Germany Swiss and Austria again in the content manager?..Strange huh?

Same here with the last update of my GPU drivers…Until now, I was using an old driver for my GPU but the thing is that driver make my others games very unstable so I decided to back on a newer driver like the last one for nVidia which is 516.94. And here we go again ! CTDs come back in force ! Even with FS in debug mode… It starts to be boring… I tried many things, trying to solve this bug but it still there…So I understand that the devs and other people working on FS have a lot to do but I agree with CptnDoppie a react on the topic will be very much appreciate…

1 Like

Not a new massage. The WU6 Update is in the content manager since Friday evening

New test at this morning, CTD after 2 hours

Event log:

R5 5600x @4.5ghz
RX 5700 XT 8G DDR6
32G DDR4 3000mhz
Win 11 build 22000.856

I was using PMDG on a flight from SBGR to SABE then came the CTD which looks more like a Kickoff than a CTD because it is subtle, clean, very fast and without any error information. (more quickly than an ALT+F4 command).

I don’t know what it could be. It’s hard to believe it’s something I’m doing wrong because I haven’t had CTD in a long time since last year to be honest. But it could be something connected to the latest win11 updates, which I don’t have the knowledge to solve.

The way is to test more often and wait. :confused:

Yes I had that update too.And all settings at default initially.I did report it in here but a few hundred posts ago!Strange indeed

No not all I dont have any WU’s installed at all and it still happened 2 different machine, su9 and su 10B, and win 10 and win 11…

After several CTDs last friday and saturday I did a break for 2 days now.
Right now im flying a 4 hours flight with the Fenix A320 on vatsim from Lanarca LCLK to Bremen EDDW with all online services. Ill give feedback.
Windows 11 (10.0.22000 Build 22000) - RTX 3090 - i9 11900Klatest driver 516.94 - 48 GB DDR4
SU 9 - MSFS Store

Seedy once said the CTD reports started before .16 beta build was released…

And on my side, the fps are still better than in the last build, not as good as they were on saturday though

1 Like

Sounds like and reading a few latest posts they have rolled back to a previous snapshot in time, they wont admit that though.

1 Like

I haven’t flown today, but I had a CTD yesterday when just free flying (under hour flight) with an F15.

My CTD experience is that it always freezes for a few seconds before CTD’ing. Is this the same experience everyone else has?

3 Likes

My CTD came suddenly: Sound is stopping, and one second later the simulation.

2 Likes

I managed to get in an early morning 737-700 flight out of Chicago Midway (KMDW) and shortly after reaching FL240, I received the memory error.

Somehow I think it’s all related… (Memory, ntdll.dll, CTD, etc.)

1 Like

That concurs with my post above. Constant CTD every flight now (ntdll.dll) - #1365 by WryDoubloon4105