Constant CTD’s on Xbox with 3rd Party Scenery & Airports

I did it, Xbox is sold and now a nice PC I9 12900 and GTX 3090 24GB. It’s so great to finally be able to use all aircraft A320 Fenix ​​or PMDG DC6… TOP and no more CTD#s

1 Like

Just bought Las Vegas airport and scenery. Completely unuseable. Can’t take off or land at McCarran and of course I can’t get my money back. Scandalous, illegal in most countries, 2 refunds a year policy from Microsoft!!

1 Like

Keep us updated with how it goes, I’m considering the switch too :wink:

1 Like

I’m pleased for you on the switch to PC, due to airport crashes on Xbox.

But for the rest of us that can’t justify the large difference in cost to change, or simply just like the Xbox format…

…What are we doing about it?? Why are we not successfully upvoting topics created to ask Asobo what they are doing about it? I’ve lost count of the number of airports causing crashes after being paid for. We really need to come together on this one. I created a thread asking what Msobo are doing about proper testing and support for Devs. Didn’t come close to high enough vote count to be considered.

…What are Msobo doing? I don’t even see an acknowledgement for those users, an acceptance that something is very wrong if scenery is purchased through the approved and only marketplace but then screws up the Sim?

Meanwhile we see a slow haemorrhage of those who would formerly help raise the Xbox issues profile, spend their cash and look to new horizons, troubled ones or not remains to be seen, but “we” get left behind.

If only the PC crowd would help give us a lift raising this profile if a topic were started. But frankly there’s too much white noise of disparate questions raised I fear.

…Another new topic? And another? What will it take for something so fundamental. Starting to grate now.

4 Likes

You’ll find similar crashes in the PC.

There’s not enough of us xbox users on the forum to vote those topics up. I don’t know if it’s real or urban myth that marketplace items sell in large numbers for xbox but I can’t imagine sales will hold up with all the issues right now. Maybe the only thing that will speak is cash, or lack of it.

If there are hundreds of thousands playing on xbox then there’s less than 0.1% of them on here. Maybe they’re all on insta or Snapchat and don’t even know what a forum is. Not grown up with bulletin boards and modems like us older folks!

2 Likes

Sadly you may well be right.

But I suppose there are other MSFS related forums out there. I wonder if their assistance could be harnessed to support a common aim.

1 Like

I bought this on release, had no issues. The issues I do have was with the Heathrow DLC by Inibuilds. This causes instant CTD when trying to load this airport so I had to remove it until a fix comes. Looks like other airports cause similar issues although I still have Vegas loaded.

I tried everything and only got trashed for it. Microsoft won’t even reply to any issues I have. If you’re not positive your posts get flagged or removed. The amount of money I’ve spent to make someone else’s mess look better is ridiculous and in the end I can’t get my money back, i have to delete addons just to be able to fly at all. I agree with you that everyone should demand a stable game. Especially since the PC version isn’t very far behind xbox in regard to problems. Unfortunately most PC players, and I’m sorry to the exceptions, are a community that doesn’t care as long as their game is working. Defending the insane addon prices as something they are used to for decades as quoted by many, signifies a giant generation gap. But it is insane and the fact that Microsoft will not even refund a broken addon more than twice a year makes you think… support is completely non existant and Microsoft keeps providing a platform for non working or problematic addons to be sold with no consequences for developers just the customers. A lot needs to change and PC players who were here before us and think they will be after we have left? You’re so wrong. That niche time has passed and without the xbox players it’s game over.

Last year I was advised to delete all addons as a fix. I was speechless… The same people that sell addons to you tell you to delete them? And those addons are still sold?? And what about the money we’ve spent? Well 2 times a year no questions asked you will get a refund. Beyond that? They won’t even talk to you ro try and resolve issues. In most countries completely illegal but nobody at Microsoft cares.

3 Likes

The add-ons on xbox are a farce. I have multiple uninstalled purchases that I can’t use because Asobo broke them. All were working when first purchased.

Arguments that it’s the 3rd party developers fault if the add-ons are not working are completely bogus. Sure if there are bugs in an add-on then Asobo are not responsible, but if a perfectly working addon gets broken with an update then Asobo are partly responsible. When a large number of add-ons are broken by an update (many airports now CTD where they did not before) then it’s 100% Asobo’s responsibility to find and fix or work directly with 3rd parties to resolve the problems.

It’s clear from the developer forums this interaction is lacking and there is strong feedback from developers to Asobo that their testing and update practices are seriously flawed. I’m sure that Asobo must have heard this by now as they are being virtually screamed at from all sides. I think the mood on the live Q&A reflected that they understand this but haven’t yet worked out what to do about it.

Regarding refunds, the marketplace is broken by design because when they refund you for an item then you still get to keep the item, so if there wasn’t a limit to the number of refunds it would be massively open to fraud and abuse. Of course this isn’t the fault of the users but instead the fault of Asobo for implementing the fake credits that isolate your spend from the item you bought and seemingly make it impossible for them to cancel your ownership of those items.

2 Likes

Has anyone tried the Nuremberg Airport by aerosoft on Xbox? If so? Any problems?

XBOX user, since SU9 EGKK and EGLC addons causing major crashes, it’s such a shame when I had to uninstall the origami EGKK add on and others just to be able to fly in the south east of England

1 Like

Having not purchased anything for months due to this issue, I made the decision (stupidly) to purchase two further airports, different developers, different scale of airport etc.
Both get 100% reproducible CTD’s.

Now I don’t argue that SU9 has made things worse, because it has, but this is the same issue I started this thread for in December, 7 months ago post SU7. At the time I was hoping for an acknowledgement and fix prior to SU8, I thought that was reasonable. SU8 came and went, then SU9.

I can comfortable state that any 3rd party airport I own causes a CTD, prior to or at departure. 7 months, not a sign this will be fixed, ever, how can it when there is no acknowledgement that there is an issue. Each Thursday, when the marketplace update is posted, I can confidently look at any airport released and know it will break there sim.

5 Likes

This issue is firmly being ignored here, even by the mods. I asked the same question, and didn’t get an answer. I know why, because when this is being confirmed, it wil hurt their cashflow. This is a real shame. People on Xbox who aren’t aware of this, will buy 1,2,3 or even more airports until they finally come aware they don’t work but their money is already gone.

In the country where i live, we have several authorities to adress this kind of scam.

I only buy with the knowledge that when I move to PC I will already have the airports I wish to fly the Fenix A320 to! Like many here I have slowed right up and now prefer to kill things in Call of Duty than face the frustration of a CTD.

1 Like

Has anyone problems with AEROSOFT Airports on Xbox Series S/X?

I think there is only one airport available on Xbox by Aerosoft and that is the free Paderborn Lipstad. It works fine for me but is a small regional airport rather than a major city hub.

2 Likes

No. There is also the Nuremberg and Mykonos Airport. Ok. Not directly from aerosoft(developer of these airports: limesim, 29palms, captain7), but there are sold from aerosoft.

That’s what I mean.