Constant CTD’s on Xbox with 3rd Party Scenery & Airports

Gotcha, yeah it is strange but it does seem like from one system to the next different problems can exist. Makes it tough to troubleshoot as a developer no doubt.

1 Like

If you re-map your throttle settings they will work perfectly. Delete the current setting and re-map it to Throttle 1 Axis (for single engine plane), it’s also a good idea to map Throttle 2 Axis - Throttle 3 Axis & Throttle 4 Axis (this covers all planes single engine/twin engine/ 3 engines & 4 engines). Map them all to the same setting that you will delete in step one (above). I’m using a HOTAS and they’re all bound to Joystick L-Axis 1.

I have posted a 100% reproducible CTD, and what appears to be the the source of the CTD in another thread. I posted it seapsratr because it is 100% reproducible, and didn’t want it getting buried in a response to another thread

LEMD is can fly out of. Weird thing is, at night, there are no lights. None of the building. None in the parking areas. None in the runway. It’s just pitch black. At least for me. I know this airport worked great for me before Sim Update 7.

Since SU7 the sim crashes much more frequently even without third-party add-ons. It must be something with the base game, not just DLC, although those multiply the chances of CTD. Sadly the game is not in an acceptable state right now.

1 Like

Well the DLC is definitely a completely separate issue relating to CTDs. We now know the live weather issues caused CTDs but should not be confused with these fully recreate-able issues. Which are pretty much happening because of the lack of ability to test content before release on the Xbox

As your findings reflect what is reported in the addon compatibility list and other users are in agreement with the results, I will add the ones we don’t have to the list. Hope you don’t mind! You are now in 3rd place for number of contributions.:wink:

Justsim is the most problematic developer thus far, just as you reported in your post.

I’ve been doing a lot of testing lately on both the Xbox Series X and Series S, and I’ve noticed something interesting. The CTDs I am having on my series X don’t happen on my series S. Exactly the same add ons installed on both. Anyone have any ideas as to why?

1 Like

Well I have done it, a complete delete and now followed by a reinstall. I will then be able to see if MSFS is stable on an XBox X without any addons. It will be interesting to see what addon to add first and how far I get before I start to get the all too familiar CTD!

1 Like

So far so good, I reinstalled the base game. It still had log book entries up to date. Reloaded as

Downloaded and installed Premium Upgrade

World Update I Japan

World Update II USA

World Update III United Kingdom and

World Update IV France, Belgium, Netherlands

World Update V Nordics

World Updates VI Germany Austria and Switzerland

I have flown one flight in the A320NEO so far with no issues. I used the Thrustmaster HOTAS One joystick and used the cocked hat switch to change views. I switched between external and internal views no glitches. It was an enjoyable flight. Let’s see what happens next. I will try a few more flights before I add any addons.

It was going so well. Still no addons and until just now no lock ups or CTDs. Previously I had flown single flights in the A320NEO. I had flow three single flights exiting the sim after each flight as I had things to do. This morning I flew the A320NEO from EGKK to LOWI. No issues apart from awful weather. On getting to the parking slot I closed down and ended the flight. I then set up another flight this time A320NEO EGCC to EGPF. I started the flight on the Runway. As I was passing through 1000 feet I tried changing view and the sim froze. I had to exit back to the XBox screen and quit the sim. This is still without any addons, just using the Thrustmaster HOTAS One a WiFi mouse and keyboard. I have updated the ticket I have posted on the Zendesk. Now do I add some of the addons?

mmhhh good work, but an issue might be, not starting the sim anew with new flight,
could be some leftovers form the prev flight.
i am going to wait it out quite a bit on xbox, i have low hopes there.
i do want/need addons, if they ge tbroken everytime, yuu cannot do anyting on the box.
so again i say., for serious flying pc is a must.

So another 6 flights flown with UK2000 scenery on and Macco EGCC no more freezes and no CTD. I have also added the Spitfire, the MB 339 and Seafront simulations AI ships. There don’t seem to be that many ships but at least the sim isn’t failing, I also noticed not much in the way of ai traffic.

I am keeping my options open, I am wary of getting back into the constant chasing for performance that PC brings with it. I still have bad memories of virtual memory failures. I am conscious of when I am building up my addons that they will transfer to PC though and the current Xbox issues are little different to the old PC days!

Here’s the issue with that:

Fortunately, you can remap “Next Pilot Position” to something else. The suggested is “Cockpit View Upper”.

I find this is a problem on #xbox when flying with 3rd party airports at both the departure and arrival airports. Crashes always tend to be shortly after departure or shortly before arrival.

1 Like

I’ve purchased many 3rd party airports from the Xbox marketplace to fly on the Xbox Series X. Almost all of the airports I have purchased are unplayable. It usually happens when I click the Fly button then I CTD. Very frustrating after I spending my own money to improve my sim experience but only for it to make my game unplayable at my favorite airports. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

9 Likes

The same here. Since last Sunday my XBox Series X exits the game td while calling the pushback truck.
Swapping from inside to outside view, after touchdown, rolling towards parking.
It only happens landing or leaving third party sceneries.
For example leaving at Liverpool works well. This is a MS genuine scenery or better said airport.
During flight to Dublin (a scenery I bought at the market place) everything works well. After touchdown in DUB I roll back to the parking site, the game crashes back to XBox Desktop.
Yestery I flew from Dortmund (genuine MS Airport) to Düsseldorf (bought at marketplace) The sim crashes while rolling to parking field after changing from inside to exterior view.

At Dublin airport the game crashes while rolling to runway.

The crash can be reproduced as the sim stops working at 100% the times being at third party airports. The situation when the crash happens differs from time to time, bit I can be sure that whenever I leave from a third party airport or touch down at a third party airport the game will crash.

3 Likes

Seriously what is really doing Microsoft about this big problem. Probably nothing.

I have constant CTDs on Xbox with 3rd party scenery. I have bought 20-30 airport (maybe for 200/300€) and for most of them I can’t use them.

CTDs at departure during checklist and/or when switching to external view or during taxiing.
At arrival always the same pattern : I am about to land and bam CTDs.

The third party devs who were reluctant on porting their scenery on Xbox will regret as their reputation will go down with the evaluations.

Seriously I was first comprehensive with Asobo but this is not understandable. Those CTDs occur for several months. The Sim Update 7 has solve anything and maybe this is even worse now.

Asobo break everything like the night lighting which is still very bad compared to several months ago (the clouds too).

Microsoft only provide a LOD tool to test Xbox scenery so Microsoft /Asobo are in charge of testing correctly the add ons and there is obviously something that is causing all these CTDs

Memory leak, I don’t know but please do something or 3rd developers will leave the market place and you will loose simers like me.

5 Likes

I’m also experiencing CTDs almost all the time. Sometimes a hard reset of the Xbox fixes the issue and sometimes no difference.

Looks to me that it’s mostly when 3rd party airports are in play and a lot of traffic around the airport. But I still get crashes with regular airports at times.

It feels like the Xbox is getting overloaded with data and crashes. Mostly on final I get CTDs bit have also got them as I taxi and sometimes after startup.

This has been going on for over a month. Not a great experience for sure.

3 Likes