Constant CTD’s on Xbox with 3rd Party Scenery & Airports

Unbelievable.

1 Like

The main thing is to make the money and push all responsibility away. The user is the stupid one. I’ve known Microsoft for 35 years, but somehow they seem to have a big illness in their head in Seattle right now. Give the developers a fork and tell him to eat the soup himself.

Greetings

I sold my XBox and moved to PC in last two months. It was mainly due to lack of planes, mods, freeware, & bugs not being fixed, CTDs etc, but scenery is a whole new can of worms re checking for compatibility with SU’s. Makes me glad that I sold mine, but I still feel for you all on XBox with scenery induced CTDs.
The “Longterm for XBox” thread has a lot of crossover with this one. If you haven’t read it already then it echoes a lot of this thread’s sentiment there. I still can’t quite beleive that aircraft and scenery devs can only emulate an XBox on PC to test their products.

1 Like

Some bugs, it looks like they require a fix to the XBox OS. And that is why it is estimated as months. Two of my favorite bush planes don’t work with the XBox throttle bug (you put on throttle, and there is no response, they don’t go anywhere). So I decided last night to buy the Yakovlev. Yep, you guessed it. Same bug with that plane too. Three payware bush planes that I can’t get off the ground for the next few months, because I assume once there is an OS fix, there will probably be a sim or mod update that will have to happen after…

1 Like

Maybe you should all start an unofficial XBox bug thread where you can collect a top 10 Xbox bug list. Keep it alive until there is an official one (it’s long over due). It would make the point apart from anything else. I had no idea things were so bad. Sim breaking scenery and non functional planes available on marketplace with SU incompatibilities. Wow. You at least can move marketplace purchases over to PC if you decide to jump. Seems like there is no incentive to buy from marketplace on XBox, sounds like a complete omnishambles.

3 Likes

So here we are. Merry Christmas everyone.

Before you sunk your possible Christmas gifts here, my short note.

I have bought 34 AirPorts so far and have now flown almost all of them since I feel like it again. Usually with the A32N and on each one take-off and one landing flight from or around MS airport flight time approx. 30 - 40 minutes. I have collected the results in a numbers table. I play the beta (X-Box Insider and the latest updates from all developers and I also drive a few with the new E110 (chic thing 4 stars). I fly with X-BOX Series X with Hortas, mouse and keyboard and sometimes traffic on or aud Live weather on off etc.

JustSim, all 6 airports EDDC, EDDH, EDDL, EDDV, LMML, LTBS CTD. Do not buy. They have a lot of them on the marketplace and don’t rule and still knock them out. Whoever buys it is your own fault.

Drzewieki Design all 2 Airports CTD. KDCA, RJAA Don’t buy. He also has a few in the market square.

LVFR all 2 airports tested are running two. Two not yet flown to. But think they run too. can you buy.

Macco Simulations 1 Airport EGCC is running.

UK2020 Scenery 2 EGPF, EGNS. running. Think you can buy all of them.

Flightbeam 2 KIAD CTD, LFBZ Biarritz Airport Scenery not yet flown to. Be careful when buying.

FSDreamream 4 airports two approached CYVR Vancouver, KEYW Key West no problems. 2 not yet tested.

Beautiful Model of the World 4 airports LEBB, LIMJ Genoa Airport Scenery successfully passed not yet tested Valencia and LIPZ. I think you can buy it.

Cloudsurf Asia Simulations WSSS is running.

Deimos Inc. LIRA is running.

FlyTampa EKCH is running. KLAS LasVegas Airport / City Bundle not not flown. But think it’s going.

UKBB Kyiv Boryspil Airport Scenery by Pyreegue DEV Co. and EKBI Billund Airport Scenery by SimNord have not yet flown.

If I have forgotten any, I will submit them later.

Those not flown yet will come later

Happy New Year from Germany.

Edit:
KLAS is running. You can fly down the strip. Absolute Top Scenery.

LEVC by Beautful Model of the world, LEBL by LVFR no Problems.

TNCM/TFFG by Airworthey Desings runs. Nice Hotspot to Watch other Players at TNCM.

Flightbeam LFBZ ok no Probs.

LHBP from LHSimulations is Fine. No Probs there.

5 Likes

Merry Xmas and thanks for you’re greatly helpfully post. I guess we can help each other report which airports run fine until we get a fix.

So far i only own origamis Gatwick airport and it causes ctds landing and departing, stay clear of origamis.

Keep the reports coming guys.

Can you try lvfr LEMD please

Sorry i dont have LEMD from LVFR i just fly the MS Standart at LEMD.

But all my LVFR Scenerys are good. There is no guarantee that LEMD will work too, but i think it will works….

Greetings

I can confirm that the Justsim airports lead to CTD.

1 Like

So far just landed in LEMD by lvfr and all seems good. Going to test it some more to be sure. 2hour 20 minute flight. On the a320.

Same here… it’s become unplayable with almost any DLC airport purchased at Marketplace except lvfr lemd, lebl or ksan
I am having plenty of CTD with KLAS, YSSI. RJAA, EGLC, KDEN, KIAD even dubai landmarks!
Please MS / Asobo fix this it’s becoming really annoying, what a shame, how can this happen in a console with all hw and OS controlled…Either fix it or retire all the non-working products and refund your customers… i am so sad I can’t enjoy MSFS and these great add-ons these days!

6 Likes

I started a similar link yesterday, I wish I had found this first, I have voted:

XBox Full uninstall reinstall or remove one addon after another?.

I am slowly removing scenery, I thought it was mainly the JustSim scenery but although having removed it the CTD are not as frequent, the sim is now freezing normally associated with a view change. Initially I thought it might be the Thrustmaster HOTAS One top hat switch but using the Xbox controller has also caused it.

1 Like

You can enter anything here in the list. I think if enough people join in to enter their experiences there, it will help the community (by not buying the appropriate software) and MS / Asobo to go the right way.

Can confirm with you, KLAS is an absolute mess, too

Unfortunately the number of votes received regarding Xbox issues is testament to the level of support or more likely lack of support and focus Xbox users will receive. We Xbox users will always be the poor relation compared to the more vocal PC users, a perfect example of this is a mouse will not reliably work with the sim and doesn’t even get onto the to fix list. Until more focus is given to the Xbox community I will not be investing in 3rd party content.

3 Likes

I would see that so negatively now. read this here. also a very interesting threat

Not sure if you have the beta (1.21.17) or not, but I have not had one mouse related issue since using the beta version. I am on XBox X and was getting daily mouse issues previously, hoping it is not coincidence and they actually did find a fix.

Hi, yes I’m on the beta, my Logitech mouse is up to date with drivers and still freezes mid flight

Thanks for this link, interesting comments, let’s hope we are given a improved voice moving forward

1 Like