Constant CTD since SU10 (Unplayable)

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

Game started random CTDs after updating to SU10. Either during the initial loading screen, at random in the game menu, or during the flight load screen. Cannot make it into a flight. Have performed a COMPLETE wipe and re-install of the game, issue persists. CTDs during the install process while downloading and unpacking files, CTD’d about 6-7 times during the install phase, and now CTDs in the game menu or load screen with a fresh install. So frustrated.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Install SU10. Complete wipe and re-install, no change.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

i7-11700KF, 32 GB Ram, RTX 3080, Win 11, latest NVidia GR drivers - nothing overclocked - stock build.

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.27.21.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.27.21.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001d1ce4b
Faulting process id: 0x1b80
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8ce48ac956db7
Faulting application path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: db82cecf-292f-45d8-a0bd-3fa973467fc7
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Fault bucket 1538364175849905344, type 4
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: FlightSimulator.exe
P2: 1.27.21.0
P3: 00000000
P4: FlightSimulator.exe
P5: 1.27.21.0
P6: 00000000
P7: c0000005
P8: 0000000001d1ce4b
P9:
P10:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU10 initial release

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

1 Like

Same here - MSFS2020 ha been workng almost flawlessly with SU9. Immediately following update to SU10 I repeatedly get CTD’s at variable time points during/in the flight loading screen - even after deletion of the rolling cache etc. and disconnecting all peripherals except keyboord and mouse. I have no mods whatsover installed.

Eventlog:
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.27.21.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.27.21.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001b40cd2
Faulting process id: 0x9c0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8ce9dd755778a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.27.21.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.27.21.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: f2621602-bd70-4ab0-adee-860ee8a0892c
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.27.21.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

My System
Core i7-2700K at 3.5 GHz;
16 Gbyte of RAM;
Motherboard: Z68X-UD3H-83
Win10 Pro
Matrox DualHead2Go DP Edition
NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060; 6B

Topic moved into Community Support > CTD Help for community assistance.

Final remark - MSFS2020 is installed to a separate/dedicated 1 TByte SSD

Same for me, loading ok, then crashing at the menu screen , or loads the flight and crashes when i click FLY. Nothing in my community folder and also does it in Safe Mode, getting fed up now :frowning:

Here is a link to the official checklist for CTD issues:

After the SU10 update, game fails to launch. Screen goes to launch screen for a few seconds, then stops. Never loads.

Hi !

Same trouble here. Something like 6 CTD until the install of the SU10 (very smooth, great job !!!) but
I can only one time be Airborne. The MSFS crash and back to the desktop, or blue screen, memory dump and reboot.
I try to remove few addon I’ve got (except Pmdg 737-700), and not using Logitech controls, same result with crash.
So it’s crash strangely at any time without any link between them.

So, i just stop flying waiting/searching for a solution !
Thank you.

i have the same problem. ctd after ctd after ctd, all during flights

How can you CPU hold up with MSFS? Even my 3700X is maxed out on one core. Anyway, have you tried DX12 on Nvidia driver 517.40? This one solves the CTD for me.

I should mention that I can start/run the sight seing flights without problem - only flights selected using the worldmap section end in CTDs.
Changing to safe mode doesn‘t help at all.

In addition, here‘s a short list of what I also checked while following the general suggestions given to prevent CTDs - all of them being not successful
(1) Windows 10 updated to the latest version available: checked/okay
(2) Updates suggested by MS store: done, logged out PC restarted and logged in again
(3) XBOX app has been installed ever since MS FS2020 has been bought/installed
(4) Sugessted Time settings checked/implemented/okay
(5) Speech: English (United States) checked okay

I do not have any mods whatsoever installed. The community folder has been/ is empty. The rolling cache folder has been emptied

Maybe I’m totally wrong but all this reminds me of having to introduce wait states while booting early (i.e FSX!) sim versions.
Any feedback/comments appreciated !!

Every time I’ve had stability issues after an update they have been fixed by a full reinstall vs. the upgrade.

same issue

With Nvidia 512.95 drivers i don´t have any more CTDs. Drivers of May !

I got about 10-12 CTD on SU10 release. My solution was the new Nvidia driver, then Nvidia control panel → 3d settings —> global settings —> DSR-factor 2,25x DL —> DSR smoothen 50% —> Load MSFS → DLSS Quality —> picked the 2,25x resolution in MSFS 2880x1620 DX11! —> Go Fly !

Ryzen5 3600
RTX 2060Super
Win10

My solution here => 3 flights without CTD now!

Also for me after the SU10 update, game fails to launch. Screen goes to launch screen for a few seconds, then stops. Never loads. Even after deleted and reinstalled the software withouts add ons.
I updated also the driver Nvidia to 517.48: not solved CTD, still unplayable.

Yesterday: unistall, clean disk for REMAINING OR DAMAGED INSTALLATION FILES, install now is running.

I do have the latest NVIDIA driver installed ( clean install using the Display Driver Uninstall (DDU) procedure for details see Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.5.5 )

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Can’t use Asobo bespoke airports. I get constant ctds on xbox series x. On either takeoffs or landings.

1 Like