Constant CTD's after Jan 2022 update

Following Jan 2022 update the sim is performing regular CTD’s and is unusable.

I previously had installed Navigraph, some Orbx Airports, some Justflight Airplanes, Flybywire, etc, all of these items were uninstalled properly prior to the update and the Community Folder is empty.

Nvidia driver updated.

Cache deleted then recreated at a different size.

Nothing else running other than MSFS in Safe Mode.

At the last attempt to run following a CTD I started MSFS in Safe Mode meaning any third party items will not be loaded. I loaded the stock Cessna G1000 went to my local airport, AI Traffic, weather preset few clouds. I had another CTD just after take off.

I think I have now exhausted all potential options.

Sim was performing perfectly prior to this update on my modern powerful PC.

Help please.

I am also having CTD’s. Mine started last week which I first put down to the Weather issue. Now I have the Jan 22 update and within 5 minutes I had a CTD. Now a 2nd CTD after a 2 hour flight on approach to my destination. Weather, traffic etc all switch off. I am getting very frustrated and loosing faith in this title.

Like you I have high end PC, plus VR.

9 Likes

I have had a couple as well, unusual :frowning:

Did you guys try without any peripherals (other than mouse and keyboard)? Disconnect yokes, joysticks, pedals, game controllers, throttle quadrants, etc.) If it flies without CTD, then add each periph one at a time and fly. I’m thinking it could be all about the process of elimination.

1 Like

This is a copy of the latest error log 30 minutes ago, does anybody understand this please?.

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 07/01/2022 21:32:21
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: DESKTOP-OEJVUCJ
Description:
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001b2372a
Faulting process ID: 0x570
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8040db43f9347
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.18.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.18.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: 87e08103-5346-4111-8573-b1ec009eddf0
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.18.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App
Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
DESKTOP-OEJVUCJ

FlightSimulator.exe
FlightSimulator.exe
c0000005
0000000001b2372a
01d8040db43f9347
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.18.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.18.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
87e08103-5346-4111-8573-b1ec009eddf0
Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.18.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
App

Starting last week I get a CTD about 7 seconds after the sim finally loads completely (to the main “menu” screen, where you can first start clicking on things). It takes 2m53 seconds to load, and 7 seconds to bomb out.

I have tried most of the above, but haven’t tried with no peripherals; thanks for that tip, I’ll be trying it tonight when I get home from work!

1 Like

Well… after this Jan 2022 mandatory update, I get CTD after switching aircraft to external view. The Live weather injection is now worse, before this update ,I could start my flight in the FBW A32nx with live weather injection to about FL220, then select clear skies to about FL310, switch back to Live weather and cruise to TOD then reverse the above to get some realistic looking weather, now, doing the same, it’s clear skies to cruise level and landing.

I find I’m reverting back to Prepar3D more often to get a completed flight with weather without any CTD.

Judging from all the posts here this evening, I’m half afraid to go down and turn on my Xbox. Haven’t played since the patch came out. :flushed:

1 Like

Offset 01b2372a seems to pretty reliably point to a low-level graphics engine/driver fault and can usually be sorted by juggling between different NVIDIA versions, that is unless they’ve actually broken something.

That said, it’s pretty bad form when a £120 piece of software barfs so often that I as an end user can take a fair stab at guessing which error handler tripped by memorizing the offsets…

3 Likes

I’m having major issues since the update. Running an xbox Series S with locked flight controls. The primary yoke is the VelocityOne by Turtle Beach but the Xbox regular controller doesn’t work either. I’ve had this particular problem on and off, mostly on, for the past couple weeks. There have been more nonfunctional days than running and the frustration level is getting very high. I don’t know if this issue is related to the CTDs that PC users are experiencing but it seems to be in the same category. My overall satisfaction with this sim since installing several months ago is falling. I am a private pilot and hoped to use the sim as an adjunct to actual experience, and there have been many successes. One could almost assume that this product isn’t ready for prime time based on past performance.

2 Likes

I’m in constant CTD. Have cleared rolling cache, updated Navigraph, FSUIPC. On ramp before trying to start or anything, screen stutters and CTD. Details below:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000a4ed78
Faulting process id: 0x2dc4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d80347ca0b6012
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.18.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.18.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: adf67dec-c261-49ca-869f-9e68732fd315
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.18.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

I9-10900
32G RAM
ASUS ROG Maximus Extreme XII
1TB NVME (where MSFS is installed)
EVGA RTX 3090 Hybrid

No CTDs prior to the upgrade today.

I just had a CTD after about 30 mins. Completed one short flight from Bristol to Cardiff for ILS training then flew the flight in reverse and CTD most annoying.

I have constant CTD’s since the Jan update, I am done with this game now. I wanted to play this sim/game on my weekend of, looks like thats not gonna happen. Asobo fix this stuff, the latest update broke a lot behind the scenes. The game has become unplayable for me while it as fine before this update (except for a couple of bugs introduced by SU7)

I have CTD’s while initially loading to the menu’s (although this only happened once)
I have CTD’s while in the menu’s (happened a couple of times)
I have ALWAYS have CTD’s after 1-5 minutes when I turn on VR (even when I launch the game in safe mode). There seems to be a really big problem with VR, your toolbar fix broke something else. When I turn on VR in the menu’s, I have CTD while loading into a flight. When I turn on VR after loading, it CTDs after a couple of minutes (also in safe mode).

32gb ram
Quest 2
I had CTD’s prior this update but those were all addon related and I managed to fix them

1 Like

Fresh build community folder clear and all adding removed. Constant CTD. The sim for me has been totally unusable since the December update. I was hoping the Jan 6th update would fix but back to Plane again. (Really liking it)
I also fly in VR with the Quest 2

I tested it some more, just loaded into a flight all normally (not in VR).
Waited 15 minutes and everything was still fine.
I turned on VR, I got that annoying screen that it recognises my oculus touch controllers and I have to press default controller options etc etc., I closed the menu, THEN I got another annoying screen saying that VR controllers are not fully supported for this plane (its a third party addon), as soon as I closed that screen it CTD.

Same case here… Since the last update, I have CTD every 5 minutes, I cannot start any flight because it crashes in the menu. It is more frustrating by the way because I have a vanilla game.

I’m now also experiencing a lot of CTD’s since last update Jan 2022. In the past 15 minutes I started the sim 3 times… sometimes I got the CTD when zooming in world map, sometimes when loading into flight, sometimes when zooming in cockpit. :sob: :rage:

Same here. I never hat CTDs before this Jan 2022 update. Now I can’t even play 10 minutes without CTD. Even in the main menu (if I do nothing) I get a CTD after a few minutes.
System: ASUS ROG, Core i9, 11th gen, 128GB RAM, NVIDIA RTX 3090 24GB VRAM
It seems to be a NVIDIA problem?

Add me to the list.
Getting constant CTD’s since the new update anywhere from the loading screens to mid flight, it will always CTD at some point. I haven’t been able to complete a flight yet since the update.

Except for the VR menu bug it worked perfectly before the update.

1 Like

Yep same here… Sim was working fine until Jan 1. First the live weather failure and now constant CTDs. When the sim first came out I was content to deal with these issues but it’s been out for a year and a half now and it’s still just as broken as it was a year ago