Constant CTD's after Jan 2022 update

I’m getting random CTDs on my xbox x, since end of December. I can experience a CTD anytime within 1 to 10 minutes into a flight.

1 Like

Im on pc and bn getting m this week since the last update. Hope they hot fix it soon…

For what it‘ worth:

I did not have CTD‘s since the update, the sim runs stable. And I did not even empty my community folder before the update.

I‘m not writing this to make anyone feel bad - just a remainder that the sim does work well on some machines. So at least there is hope…

I‘m on an dedicated flight sim PC (no other programs than MSFS), Win10, K10900, 64GB, M2.SSD, RTX3090, G2, tons of FS Marketplace stuff + full community folder (pay- and freeware)

Good luck to all who are having problems right now. Been there myself, I know how it feels…

1 Like

SAme problem, max 10 mins from start it CTD. I can crash only waiting in the main menu doing nothing…it crash anyway. Impossibile to use it anymore,… i reinstalled x-plane cause i cannot fly anymore with fs2020 til some fix. It s not a community, win10, nvidia driver problem, it’s sure some in fs2020, all the solution already tried but nothing change… before to crash a little audio freeze and CTD.

i9-10850k, 32gb ram, rtx3080ti, nmve2 ssd, win 10, b460f rog strix

and you tried already the sound related things, e.g. nahimic service etc. ?..

The sim does’nt crash in generally and there must be a reason why it happens for some users.

Also crashing in menu after some minutes was very often a system-load issue. Try to limit your max fps to a low value for a test-case.

I am going to give a short answer for now, but I managed to make 1 longer flight after removing/disabling the ‘Sonic Virual Mixer’ thing in the audio tab. (Win11, Asus motherboard) I have to do some more flights and reenable some thing just to confirm. For now I have little time, but will report back later with more details

Skies looking bright again :smiley:

1 Like

dont forget to mention your solution in the topic where we speak about :slight_smile:

As mentioned… these horror asus / msi sound-tools are a known as trouble maker :wink:

I tried to install the original drivers for my graphic card (NOT the latest from nvidia). I went to the main page my graphic card manufacture and support. I get the driver (in my case 466.63 for my Gygabite rtx3080ti) and installed it. I’m triyng to fly right now and doesn’t crash… passing the 10 mins that normally crashed in the last two days … hope continue… wll update

@MichaMMA

Well, I can now definitely confirm that by disabling the ‘Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer’ in Win11\settings\system\sound\properties tab solves the problem of constant CTD’s for me.

The’ Sonic Studio Virtual mixer’ is part of the Asus software that accompanies the mainboard
When I reenable this virtual mixer device in windows the CTD’s are back.
I have to add that disabling this device in Windows is enough to get rid of the CTD’s. No need for disabling the onboard HD audio device in the BIOS or uninstalling the device driver in the device manager

All settings from pre jan 2022 update are restored (Vsync on/30, graphics setting to ultra, latest AMD driver, eyefinity desktop reenabled, WU I & IV reinstalled)

I have done several flights from different locations in the default cessna and NO MORE CTD’s :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

It seems I am back in business

Win11 Pro 21H2 B22000376
Asus Z490E-Gaming

3 Likes

Complete reinstall fixed me…didn’t have to mess with any of the sound card driver fixes.

Me too…unplayable since the update.
Changed NVidia Driver back from 497.29 to 496.76 but still permanent CTD.
And of course…DX11, DX12, HAGS on/off, Game Mode on/off…
Before the update it worked fine for me.
I think its time for an official statement from Asobo. I spent too much money in the OFFICIAL marketplace for this game but I will end this untill this game runs stable.

1 Like

This also seemed to work for me (I also have an ASUS mainboard). By disabling Sonic Studio Virtual mixer I could play now for 1,5 hours.
The longest since I made the update. Usually max 10-15 minutes where possible.

I am also part of the constant CTD crowd, I can barely get off the ground without a crash since the update. In five flights this weekend I’ve had four hard CTDs, the most recent one resulted in the need for a hard reset and a complete graphics driver reinstall. Since the update I’ve added one aircraft livery, but removing it still resulted in a CTD, so I’m trying it now in Safe Mode. If this doesn’t work I’m stuck and can’t even use the game at all.

1 Like

No Nvidia problem :wink:, just another third party program problem.

Happy flying :smiley:

Also also working for me with an Asus Z-590-E board, disabling Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer completely solve the CTD for me too.

After 2 months of CTD nightmare it’s finally over.

A very big thanks to you !

1 Like

I have trouble even starting a flight, tried 5 times today and each time ctd before I even get started, I am on xbox running the base game only no add ons , this is beyond a joke, its unplayable again

You are welcome my friend, I guess I was lucky, and I had a little help from MichaMMA, who pointed me in the good direction. I just lost one night of good sleep :wink:

I have it running now. Haven CTDs and was searching the forum!
Will try it now.
Thank you!

I just took it off my system as well. Will check this evening. When not interrupted.

30 min and no CTD so far. I was getting them within 5-10 or less.

1 Like