Constraints bug a320 with sim update 6

After sim update 6, the flight level restrictions utilizing the constraints button on the ND is consistently displaying 260 only, every time, at every airport on the final leg in. Never had this problem earlier. This is the a320 neo . Have heard others with same issue. Is there a work around on this? Impossible to hit the glide scope at the proper altitude with out the restrictions I place via the constraints button on the ND.

Just confirmed this (XBox X) with the Neo after seeing your post. All constraints at 260. Weird. They all used to be sensible but maybe highish for some approaches so I always ended up using ‘selected’ mode to descend to avoid being constrained by the figures in ‘managed’ mode, but 260 for all of them is just weird. The pic is for EGKK approach.

1 Like

Same here, i reported it during beta testing already :slightly_frowning_face: have the issue with 787 as well

I am on Series S

2 Likes

Just checked on PC and it’s fine, so it’s XBox specific. PC screengrab below.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing :+1: short question you using the standard A320 or the FBW ?

1 Like

Std Neo here on both images not FBW.

1 Like

I’d suggest we report this bug, but perhaps just use ‘selected’ mode to descend, as the constraints are only used I believe in ‘managed’ mode for altitude and only under certain circustances. So if say you are descending to 3000ft in managed mode and there is a constraint of 4000ft for a given waypoint then aircraft will level off at 4000ft. In selected mode you can descend to 3000ft. With everything defaulting to 260ft I’d say its like having no constraints on managed descents. The ‘CSTR’ button in the Neo doesn’t actually do anything other than display the constraints, it doesn’t enforce them. At least this is how I understand constraints work on the A320. I don’t see why it would stop you doing a descent and ILS approach.

I am using constraints at RNAV Approaches which is now not really possible so far.

I reported this bug already as participant during SU6 Beta Phase at first day hopefully there will be some Hotfix soon

2 Likes

Interestingly ATC just used a 4000ft constraint on me (telling me to climb to) on that same approach to Gatwick. So they are there? but not being shown/used correctly now in the PFD’s/FMC on the XBox.

ok, Seems its been narrowed down to the Xbox version, post Sim update 6. ILS/RNAV approaches with the standard A320 NEO seem to pretty difficult at the time. Lets hope there is a fix soon. This has been reported to Zendesk.

2 Likes

The constraints for myself and many others have been completely destroyed since Sim
update six. Every plane. Every airport. They do not appear on the ND neither do they appear in the MCDU flight plan. It is impossible to hit glide scope or make a good landing without, every single constraint is stuck at 260 and has been. I have done everything from clear the cache to reinstalling the game. This is clearly a fault on asobos end and and it is a big deal, I see people talk about certain animations not working or what not, and as frustrating as that may be, this may top them all besides maybe constant CTDs (which I have had for three weeks straight on the Xbox). Please developers do something about this and if anyone has similar issues or any workarounds please let me know! Game is basically ruined for me !

1 Like

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/altitudes-no-longer-pre-populated-in-fms/463859

Yes I noticed this immediately after SU6, and as the first comment said, it was present since day 1 of SU6 beta. It seems to do with the updated AIRAC data they added. I imagine that this will be fixed by SU7, even though there has no been no confirmation of this. After all, the constraints are posted on the navdata in the Flight Planning menu, and the ATC seem to know the constraints.

Edit: By the way, Runway 16L at KSEA is really only for departures :wink:

1 Like

Lol I like to play a little game of chicken sometimes :rofl: thanks for replying, now I know this issue is widespread and hopefully will be fixed. Because of the extreme accuracy of landings, it consists of almost more than half the total flights waypoints that are just completely missing altitudes. Makes for sloppy landings, and while I know to catch an ils at around 3000 feet, it basically ruins rnavs, only way around this is to turn on the visual landing path, which basically turns it into an arcade game for me. Very frustrating to say the least. I hope there’s a fix for this soon as it’s just so blatantly obvious. They even claimed they made constraints better on the a320 neo in the sim update 6 patch notes! Yeah right .

Yep i have little faith they will ever be able to fix all the issues on series x. Shame, but expect a whole host of new issues with GOY edition.

I only experience this using FBW aircraft. I fly the Airbus a320 daily and all is good. When I fly FBW Airbus 32nx I experience everything mentioned here. It’s crazy.

Unfortunately the FBW isnt available on the Xbox, another shame .

1 Like

Hi,

I have a lot of bugs in this version, the pilot model is perfect. But the aircraft systems, autopilot climb/descent attitude and the ILS capture are totally broken me! I think this update has more bugs that it should fix.

Since SU6, I’m no longer getting expected altitudes/altitude constraints for ILS approaches prepopulated in the FMS for the 787, and I assume it’s the same with other airliners. Anybody else seeing this?

Same here at A320Neo on Series S, and i also reported it on the first beta day via Feedback Hub. I recognized it on my first test flight after installing the Beta Version at LIRN RNAV App. RWY24-Y via UNPOP UNPOP normally has constraints info in FMC 8000 since then only 240.

I think we should report it also via Zendesk

This what kills me. There’s now 5000 beta testers and I’m seeing more than a few REALLY obvious bugs that were reported, ignored and released. The new inability to cancel alarm in TBM (and other planes too from what I gather) is a blaring in-your-face problem, was reported and dutifully ignored and released.

They’re just so sloppy. TBM with the alarm problem and new ITT overheating problem makes the plane unflyable for enjoyment and this was specifically one of the planes that they targeted to be “fixed”. They broke more than they fixed.