[CONT] Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

Aha! So how can this be sorted out…any idea? Can it be resolved at our level or would they have it in the next update…wishful thinking :slight_smile:

Basically the error is “0xc0000005 is […] where an app is trying to address a memory block it does not have permission to access […]” If you read the answers there are more links you can use for troubleshooting your system. For example this link: https://blog.pcrisk.com/windows/12778-how-to-fix-application-error-0xc0000005
I don’t necessarily think this is something related to the sim.

I would start by uninstalling and then reinstalling all the C++ runtimes, although if you have the disk space you may be better installing the latest community Visual Studio full installation, as that will ensure you have ALL the latest runtimes.

I suspect that @TidalPopcorn618 is correct, and this is not (solely) an MSFS issue. If the reinstalling the runtimes doesn’t solve it, you could try running DISM (from the command line run: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth) to reset Windows Update then run SFC (from the command line: SFC /scannow) but that is a long shot, unfortunately.

Hope you get it sorted.

Thanks Guys. Will try and do what you have suggested :slight_smile:

Are you running off an external drive? I solved my CTD issue by reformatting my external from exFat to NTFS and my CTD issue disappeared.

Wanted to bring attention to the blue electric looking lines. Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it. Here’s a thread:

Thanks for your revert on the issue. No, I’m running FS2020 on my C drive and not an external one. The funny thing is, that I’ve been thru quite a few forums and have come across many who are facing the CTD issue at exactly the same point “and” they too did not face CTD’s previously. I guess I’ll wait till the next major update (07th SEP), and see if they have fixed it!

If not, then I’m desperate enough to look into getting an Xbox…which I really do not want to do as I’ve always loved my flying on my PC…and not sure or familiar with Xbox.
…Thats how much I miss the Sim!

1 Like

I’m just going to be honest and upfront here. I’ve been too optimistic about this game and have been giving the developers time to see if they can improve it, but at this point I don’t have any hope. I understand the experience differs for everyone, but for me, this game is literal garbage. I hate to say it.

My scenery is absolutely horrible. Running the high preset, blurry textures everywhere and no detail. I have photogrammetry on and good internet, so that’s not the issue. I also get weak performance for my computer, and I know this because I can compare it to the past when this game was actually decent. I get constant stutters and frame drops, so even if the graphics were to look good, I probably wouldn’t touch this game because the performance is unplayable. When this game first released I got 60FPS smooth experience and the graphics were great! It’s literally gone downhill after every update though.

So I will be uninstalling for the 8th time now. I try every new update to see if its been improved, but come back to even further disappointment. I understand a lot of people are enjoying this game right now, but this is simply my experience. Attached below is a screenshot showing you how bad my game looks at high settings. Infinite Flight looks better than this.

3 Likes

I’ve had the problem since last night too. It’s just extremely blurry.

It has its problems, but ‘literal garbage’ isn’t what I am seeing.

oui moi aussi j ai perdu en graphisme depuis hier quand je zoom sur les aéroports pour choisir une porte ou aire de stationnement de départ on ne voit plus que les points blancs et de l herbe???

yes, I too have lost my graphics since yesterday when I zoom in on the airports to choose a gate or departure parking area, all I see are white dots and grass???
in English it’s better

Now I don’t know why you are having the issues you have, but mine looks like this. Smooth 38fps with all ultra on 2070s card since SU5.

2 Likes

I’m sorry that has been your experience. It does seem highly variable among different users. Good luck with it.

You mentioned experiencing better performance in the past, so I’m guessing you have a decent computer. I would also empty the Community folder to rule out any performance issues from addons.

I guess you are running a 1080p monitor. Many people put up shots from 4K monitors, so don’t expect comparable results.

I noticed poor scenery recently and noted that my Bing Data has been turned off, so be aware that that happens from time to time.

Check your performance with basic aircraft before expecting great performance in complex addons, just to rule out any performance issues with addons.

Try flying in more remote areas to assess issues when flying in built up areas, which might suggest tweaking your settings further for a more overall improvement.

I appreciate you are frustrated with your experience but I’ve been using this product since Alpha release and been continually impressed with the experience. Mind you, it hasn’t been without various hiccups but overall the experience has been GREAT.

I hope you can identify the issues with your particular setup.

All the best, Paul

1 Like

I do use 1080p but that has absolutely nothing to do with blurry ground textures. I also have nothing in my community folder, have done numerous installs, and always make sure photogrammetry is on. I’ve also been playing since alpha and can tell you on my system, i’ve experienced a major degradation in both graphical quality and performance. Especially after SU5. Very dissapointing.

1 Like

Are you interested in some one on one assistance? I would be happy to meet on Discord and meet up at a nominated airport then go through comparisons and review how you computer is performing in an attempt to troubleshoot the issue.

1 Like

I was enjoying FS until SU5 appeared. Now, immediately after this mandatory SU5 I haven’t been able to use the Sim.

From CTDs taxiing or the 787 bunch of new broken stuff, it’s impossible to use.

I tried everything: deleting the content of the Community Folder, uninstall and finally tried to install with no success after 3 days trying.

Downloaded netlimiter,set it to 5mbps, changed the installation folder,it keeps looping and restarting the download. This is crazy. I’m a programmer and I have never seen this level of problems ever!

Going back to XPlane. The superior sceneries are not worth this headache.

Is there anyway to get a refund?

Notes:
Microsoft Store version
Intel i9-9900, RTX 2080 Super, 32Ram, 1TB NVME.

I have to reluctantly concur. I too was enjoying FS until SU5 appeared.
I’ve never had a CTD, but I can’t instrument fly the 787 anymore—too many bugs.

As a software developer, I wish Asobo would postpone any more map updates
and new features until all the existing problems are solved.

For example, how does something like this get by QA?

Rig: 4670K, 1660 Super, 16GB, 1920x1200

2 Likes

Shockingly that isn’t even the first time that something like this has slipped through…