[CONT] Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

UUUhh, don’t tempt me… :innocent:
Did you “pop” out the pictures to view them in their original resolution? If so, you could notice purple color fringes around the cloud edges in the upper center of the first picture and quite a few areas without color variation (tbh they are clearly visible in the reduced picture too). In the second picture there’s this giant, flat and greenish “blob” in the lower right corner up to the elevator of the TBM, also outlined by a purple glow.
If you don’t see it: we all have different expectations and perceptions. That’s just how it is.

That’s why I said it wasn’t apples to apples. I was merely using that as an example that I don’t have problems with other games.

Perhaps its your monitor then? :blush:
I’m staying away from very saturated colors anyway, and have to really, really focus to only imagine seeing what you mention. Hardly a fault in the sim I would say, certainly not worthy of complaining about, and probably even more related to the Bing data.

When the problem didn’t exist prior to an update, it isn’t the monitor.

1 Like

You see what??? Your monitor is totally screwed up. To me the image is almost photographic with no bad problems in it.

I don’t see before/after screenshots, and with so little evidence of any ‘issue’ I find it hard to believe that this is introduced with the update.

On the planet where I live (Earth, the third one) and the country (Spain) clouds can take tons of different colors. I just searched"clouds" in Google and saw others colored ones, pink, blue, grey, orange, etc. Seems to be very common in the real world. Now, I think msfs clouds not really realistic, lacking colors (ironic)

Plenty of evidence around, it’s just being ignored

BEFORE

AFTER

I’ve come to the conclusion this must only affect gpu’s with built in fans as my GT1030 doesn’t have one and I don’t see any of these defects.

What are we seeing here exactly?

I agree second one is weird, but both pictures show the exact same clouds separated by few seconds of transformations, like in the Sim, so it can’t be SU4 vs SU5… which parameters did you changed in between? or you photoshoped the second one to show the current problem of SU5?

No offense, just trying to understand.

2 Likes

You have cheated, because the clouds are identical. The game doesn’t produce identical clouds.

2 Likes

Guys, thank you very much for your assessment! Funny though that the monitor should have failed exactly after installing SU5. You might have a different perception (which is totally okay with me), but allow me to know what I saw before SU5 and afterwards.

I fail to see why anyone should want to do this?

Well you described the screenshots with purple edges, and there are no purple edges. Plus there is no green spot, there is no green in the image at all.

1 Like

Excuse me? Presets generate identical clouds.

3 Likes

Never mind the nay sayers.

I’ve seen it too. I see it on your images too. And it’s new since SU5. Green purple banding, indeed like a badly exported JPEG.

But personally I don’t care. I’d rather see them focus first on all the other bugs before they return to the never ending story that is the eye-candy.

3 Likes

Hey that looks great, was their an update or something?

1 Like

Asobo knows what they’ve changed, they must be having a good laugh seeing all the posts trying to disprove it.

I was disproving the green, and purple banding. I can see the blobs in lines.

Well they must have changed something because I can now have clouds, reflections and waves, buildings that don’t look like lego and trees that don’t twirl on approach. But then again my gpu isn’t within the sim’s specs either.