Continuous CTDs after upgrade to SU9

Totally agree.

A classic ā€œyour mileage may varyā€ situation. If the bulk of your addons are scenery or livery packs you may have a good chance this would be so. But if you throw in external tools, and complex addons like the GPS addons, complex aircraft with custom systems, all bets are off.

Very true, it can be a minefield.

1 Like

I know thereā€™s lots of reports now for this. I think Iā€™ll have to wait out as i have tried everything suggested and still CTD either in the menu or shortly after loading up. BIOS updated, sim re installed, fresh community folder, nothing else running, Driver changes. so many things tried.

Its frustrating as I was one of the lucky ones with no problems at all up until recently.

Hopefully it will get sorted.

2 Likes

With me the same problem, as soon as it is finished loading and you see the main screen, after 2-3 seconds CTD.
Also have an i9 9900k (water cooling), 2080ti, SSD, 32GB Ram.
Microsoft/Asobo please please please finally fix your game, problems since release!
I did a complete reinstallation, after each SU. :frowning:

3 Likes

Similar spec to yours and CTD every time. Rolled back graphics drivers, re installed windows files, now ive uninstalled the entire sim and reistalled a fresh copy and still crashes on the main menu screen! So if its crashing with a non modded edition of the sim then it has to be something they have screwed up. Four days now with no sim and getting fed up of it!

4 Likes

I also have continuous CTDs since the SU 9 update was done
At one point I see a black screen, then everything reappears, freezes and goes to CTD ā€¦ absurd, shameful

2 Likes

The CTD Ģs were caused by outdated/duplicate entries from FBWA320! Solution: First delete all FBWA320 entries, (Msfs2020 installation folder + in the /appdata
(c:user/yourname/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.Flightsimulator"numeric letters"ā€¦)
Check in each folder if there is still an FBW entry hidden, also under SimObjects and delete it!
The content.xml file in c:user/yourname/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.Flightsimulator"numeric letters"/LocalCache also delete!
Check InGame via the developer mode where your community folder is and install the FBWA320 there (specify installation path correctly in the FBW installer).
After that, all problems were fixed and I was able to fly without CTDā€™s without any problems! <3
It took me a lot of sweat to find out.

This is the constant message I get now after U9. It happens mostly in flight or when landingā€¦ donā€™t know whatā€™s causing it, but will be patient again.

1 Like

I would certainly log that with Zendesk.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I always freeze " No feedback"

Iā€™ve had a lot of CTDā€™s too, but lately theyā€™ve always been freezing

Nailed it.

1 Like

I cant stand, why we dont have rollback opportunity on MSFS updates. Some little update somewhere 11-13th May broke my sim totally, just 2 fun days with PMDG 737 after lauch and automatic update do things what you cant undo. now 2 weeks, many reinstalls, countless hours searching silver bullet and so on. Menu and couple second and CTD. if sim doesnĀ“t do CTD and you can start flying, loading bar stop and sim not responding. Empty commynity folder clean sim install ( four times now) etc etc. and ZERO flying hours.

2 Likes

If youā€™re on Nvidia and have image scaling enabled, try disabling it. It solved all CTDs in main menu / hangar / world map for me.

3 Likes

you will just get common answers here. i tried for weeks to get help.

try searching the forums and try every solution people did. also if youā€™re on nvidia try debug mode enabled. that solved some issues for me. but i still get a lot of random ctds.

Just a little question. How do know it was an update that caused your problems and if you do know, which one was it. Sorry that was two questions.

Has the PMDG 737 been updated post-SU9? If not, that may be their answer.

Cause on startup MSFS want update some files, i must confirm update as usual and CTDs start immediately after this. But now i have some investigtion going and after weekend iĀ“ll be wiser, or not :wink:

Okay thanks.

Soooo, after waiting many days and being patient, and after spending hundreds of dollars on the game, marketplace and TPC, I am still getting CTD when the game loads about 50% after the last 3 minor updates since SU9. Iā€™ve tried everything everyone posted and still no luck. Is that the end of MSFS2020 for me? Iā€™ve seen no progress by Asobo or MS on this, or maybe Iā€™m missing it. They have time to dedicate to Maverick Top Gun release - how about fixing what we have? Nothing on Steam. Sorry if Iā€™m beating a dead horse, but donā€™t know what else to try.

1 Like