Contrails look very blocky

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

My contrails have started looking insanely blocky recently. I don’t remember this being an issue.
Contrails are block shaped very shortly after leaving engine

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Fly a plane at high altitude

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

5900X, RTX 3080. Tried multiple drivers.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Not sure of version number but I believe SU11.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Are you in beta?

Similar to
this and this?

Same here… Also at airports when taxiing on the ground and when the planes take off or land. It looks like a big water fountain… I have no other traffic active! Only the in game multiplayer.

1 Like

I am in the AAU1 beta now, but his was going on prior to me joining it today.

Those other posts don’t quite match mine, but yes something is wrong with the effects file I think. I just didn’t replace the file or anything. I do have FSLTL installed, but I wasn’t running it when I noticed the issues, and I don’t think it affects my own contrails, but just the AI planes it installs?

I’ve noticed that too, contrails on the ground where there shouldn’t be any.

Also just tried it without FSLTL installed and it is the same issue. Also, sidenote, contrails tend to disappear way too fast, but I assume that’s probably a choice Asobo made for performance reasons.

1 Like

Also something I just discovered on my end is that it only affects 1 and 4 engine, or 1 and 2 engine.

Here 2 and 3 are fine in a 4 engine aircraft.

1 Like

I’m also experiencing this problem. Other players in the native multiplayer display this same ‘blocky’ contrail no matter their altitude, so even when they taxi it appears for me and is quite immersion breaking. Also appears on my own aircraft, original MSFS contrail shows fine for a bit and then this other ‘blocky’ texture appears half way down. Here’s a few screenshots. Not sure if this is an addon causing this or an MSFS bug.

2 Likes

Folks - note change to Bug Logged status. Dev Team was able to reproduce, so now it’s in queue for triage and resolution determination. Thanks for everyone’s input into this report.

6 Likes

Does everybody with blocky contrails have the Vision Jet installed?

Oo-Wee!

I do but as I said earlier, I had completely emptied my community folder, did a test flight and it still happened.

My contrails started doing this last night and they where working before with no problems. Seems the plane starts ok but after about 10mins of flying they look like this! Any way of turning them off? Im not in Beta

1 Like

There is another thread for that specific issue: Curious exhaust gas jet

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and add-ons?
Yes

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
Contrails appear to bunch up behind the aircraft, into a blocky mess

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Any flight at high altitude

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:
N/A

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

N/A

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I’m getting the same just not as bad as that very annoying

The thing that puzzles me about these kinds of problems is the contrails I am seeing are very good, very realistic. I was just admiring the contrails from my B737 and other a/c over me yesterday–so when others are experiencing strange contrails as shown above, is it the sim’s fault or individual systems or setup? Plus, I do not have a top of the line system–i9, RTX 2070S, 32 gig, so this disparity among users is so odd.
Asking for a friend.

FSLTL had an update, and that may have fixed my contrails. What is weird is I uninstalled it to check and my contrails were still broken before the update.

Edit: Anddddd nevermind it’s still broken on some aircraft. I once again think this is just on the sim and not any mods.

I also have the problem. And ix would be happy if it can be fixed quickly

1 Like

Blocky Contrails
Any Help ?

It is flagged as bug-logged so it will be fixed in one of the next SU.

1 Like