Controllers stop responding vr su7

Just wondered if anyone else getting this. Flying a VR Bush trip (Finland in this case). When coming in to land the controllers stop working. No throttle/prop/mixture inputs do anything . I can recover the situation by hitting escape quick, going into controller options, change bravo to another profile, change back to correct profile and hitting apply. When I resume the flight I have control again.
All seems pretty random but it’s happened a couple of times in 4 or 5 flights.

hmmmm… interesting. i just bought new usb hubs for my pit because all of a sudden my instruments will randomly stop responding in flight. devices show up fine in windows but no response in sim. and the new hubs didnt fix that. I went to W11 before the update but didnt see this issue till now. just saying…

I am on Win10 and never seen the issue before SU7. I would add that I have never had such problems when running 2D (I mostly fly A320 FBW in 2D and helicopters/small GA in VR at low level for sight-seeing). Hence the bush trips are ideal for VR. Just wish they hadn’t almost destroyed the experience with the latest SU7 VR bugs.

In my case, I found it was caused by a partial activation of the autopilot. I think a key binding has changed for me in the last update. Anyway, I turned off all autopilot functions and I regained complete control. Today I will be checking my key bindings for my autopilot functions and hopefully will fix the issue for my system.

Hi this seems simular to the problem I’m just having, running fs2020 on an xbox x everything was fine but after about half an hour the controls stopped responding losing all control. I have a hotas flight one joystick that has worked perfectly until now… I also have wireless mouse and keyboard that are still working… After restarting the xbox and starting fs2020 the problem has not gone away, everything loads up fine… Load a flight plan all is normal until you go to fly… no flight controls or view changes from the joystick, after checking the hotas configuration all my settings have gone only ones I’ve never used are there in fact all my settings for drone have gone, on rebooting again from a cold and complete restart strangely the hotas sensitivity settings had not reset… I am at a loss to solve this could anyone give me some suggestions to try…

The sensitivity settings did return to default the next time I restarted but the problem still remains.

Forgot to mention that the xbox controller will not control the aircraft either… It seems that all cursor functions on all my controllers work but none control the aircraft…

After searching through all my settings it seems some clitch had scrambled most of my control settings, it’s taken me over an hour to put every thing back… Still not sure what setting messed up but it’s back working again…
Sure way to learn how to get the best configuration for your needs though… Lol

Still happening. Can’t see the problem yet. It almost always happens just as I am landing for the end of a bush trip leg. Not tried it in 2D yet, just VR. Strangely, it only resolves itself if I change the mouse profile then change back. Even though its all the controllers affected - Alpha, Bravo, Saitek pedals all stop responding. Very annoying.
I wonder if it’s something to do with the new VR controllers support. It would be good if I could disable that completely so that I don’t get any messages from them connecting etc.
So, still looking for answers here if anyone else has had issues. This is on PC, not Xbox by the way, and all the profiles are as they should be so not the same problem a @FreelancePoet75.

I had this happen last night once I sorted the menu issue. I’m using Mobiflight. Ended up playing XP11 for a few hours to get my flight fix in.

Seems the problem is something to do with the current issue in VR when you cannot do anything with the mouse till you switch to the CTRL-0 view. I found that if I use CTRL-0 instead of messing with the controller profiles I regain the controls. So I mapped the same function to one of the hat directions on the Alpha yoke so I can get the controls back quickly when they inevitably disappear.

I really thought there would have been a hot fix for the VR issues we are getting just now.

I experienced the same issue. Because I fly using FSKneeboard Pro, I experienced the same issues but only when the mouse cursor was focused or above FSKneeboard window. The mouse cursor has to be hovering anywhere in the cockpit otherwise most of your controllers commands won’t be passed to the simulator.

As generalbouch mentions, it is a known issue, just probably not properly documented or catalogued.
This issue was bugging me too for a while; on training missions or bush trips. I had to hit the ESC key and apply another yoke/rudder/control profile and switch back, apply the changes and resume the game.
The problem is actually simpler to solve, although it took me a lot to figure out: It has nothing to do with your controls profile, but EVERYTHING to do with your mouse cursor. Next time you lose controls (rudder, trim, etc.) just click your mouse button(left/right, doesn’t matter) and when the mouse cursor appears, make sure you hover over a non-interactive surface (dashboard, a window or any object WITHIN your visual field) and your controls will come back to life.
There is something broken (maybe hierarchy on visual vs “hardware” commands) so anytime you leave your mouse cursor over an active element, but particularly any screen (on glass cockpits) or gauge, some control buttons get disabled (in my case, rudders and most buttons on my Logitech yoke; trim, flaps, mixture/prop levers, etc) Hope it helps!

Yes, I noticed exactly same issue. Had a break from FS for a while thus not sure it happened after SU7 or earlier. I see this only in bush trips, custom flights work fine.

I was flying the WU7 bush trips on autopilot and was seeing a lot of HOTAS, keyboard and mouse dropouts. Also found the right mouse key would bring things back on. Since I hadn’t see that before WU7, I caulked it up to WMR’s USB take over function and pressed on. One thing you might try, if the problem is still happening, is see if power management is turned on with the USB3 controller found in the Device Manager. I shut that off and haven’t seen the problem since but I’ve finished the bush trips and haven’t been driving on autopilot for long periods of time.

Not sure if this is related but I’ll throw it into the mix. I am flying bush trips in VR and I often lose the throttle etc controls. But I have found it only happens when I have been messing with the bush trip nav menu (either scrolling it to the next leg or setting the stop watch etc). If I leave the mouse on the nav dialog, or indeed close to it in the windshield area, as soon as the mouse disappears the throttle stops working. I can bring it back with a mouse click. However, if I deliberately move the mouse to anywhere on the dashboard, even when the mouse disappears I do NOT lose focus and the throttle works fine.

So, I am now conditioned to never leave the mouse pointer anywhere but the dashboard. Hope this helps a few people.

One other thing. Starting a bush trip leg when already in VR seems to be a waste of time. I can’t get the flight instructions up. However, if I use 2D to start the leg, the nav and map come up fine. I close the map (never use it) and only then switch to VR everything works fine.

EDIT: Didn’t see @HattoriHanzo475 's reply above but it looks like mine as near as dam it a copy of that. I hadn’t noticed if it is caused by leaving the mouse on active elements as I must have always picked a black part of the dashboard with no guages etc. (As I said, I am conditioned to “park” the mouse in the same place each time).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.