Correct livery with AI traffic (real-time online ) with a320neo

You just need to disable the other generic traffic. Go to each of these folders in your official folders:

asobo-aircraft-generic-piston-multiengines
asobo-aircraft-generic-piston-singleengine
asobo-aircraft-generic-privatejet
asobo-aircraft-generic-turbo-multiengines
asobo-aircraft-generic-turbo-singleengine

And open each of these aircraft.cfg. and set icao_generic to 0. This should avoid the sim to use these prop planes as your airtraffic and it will force them to use the only available aircraft with icao_generic as 1. That is, the A320neo.

I got this working, but this is very unstable for me. I have only seen one aircraft that was b737, but was shown a320neo with 100% correct livery. It crashed soon after. I dont know what is causing these crashes, sim crashes even that there is no flights near. I had to seek flight with “dev cam” in night time and then did get close to it to see, is it with correct livery. Could it be other thing that crashes this? I will try now with empty community folder.

it could be that it’s using the full playable model than using the model specific for airtraffic (the one without working cockpit).

I was thinking that also. It is very unstable at busy airports. I need to look now for a less busy traffic. I did disable allready multiplayer (live players) and it did give me some FPS benefit.

Everytime I download a livery, I always double check to make sure they’re structured properly. (most of the time, they don’t). so if there’s a missing AI model, I have to add them myself, and modify the layout.json and the aircraft.cfg accordingly.

Some of them incorrectly use the full playable model as AI, in that case, I have to fix them as well. So I always have the need to do quality checking on these livery mods, to make sure they’re all structurally consistent with everything as well as having the same standards across all the other liveries. It’s a painstaking process, but someone has to do it. Otherwise my livery collection in my mods would be a total mess and prone to CTD and FPS drops.

1 Like

It worked! I think i have some mod/scenery that causes CTD. But yes, there was 100% correct liverys with Turkish Airlines, Qatar Airlines and Lufthansa. One aircraft was asobo livert, so i dont have that livery installed. Have to increase my livery-pack.

1 Like

That’s the point of this technique. Instead of using the low poly generic planes, it uses the full-on A320 model that you see other players flying. Therefore, it can use any livery you may have installed (Liveries MegaPack ftw) for the A320 when appropriate.

One thing that I did was that, I replaced the default AirTraffic liveries from the official A320 texture folders to use the three big alliance liveries. Skyteam, Star, and Oneworld. That way, when there’s a Live traffic that you don’t have the livery for, it’ll use any of these alliance liveries at random. So you can pretend that these flights are “codesharing” with another airline that belong into that same alliance. This is just me, though.

Not necessarily… There’s technically 3 models we’re talking about here.

Playable A320 = High-Poly exterior, High-poly interior, fully functional cockpit.
AirTraffic A320 = High-Poly exterior, Low-poly interior, non-functional cockpit.
Generic Twin Engine = Low-Poly Exterior, Low-poly interior, non-functional cockpit.

By default, Only the Generic Twin engine is set to use icao_generic. The A320 (both the playable and airtraffic) ones are not. So what I meant in my previous post is that, we want to disable the Generic Twin Engine low-poly one. But we use the High-Poly A320 instead.

But we don’t want the fully playable A320 because it will push your CPU and GPU to the limit since the sim will try to simulate everything in there. That’s why, any playable A320 should not be set into useAirTraffic.

Instead, we want the AirTraffic A320 to be used as airtraffic generic. so that it’ll render the high-poly exterior, without rendering the high-poly interior and simulating the cockpit.

In any case, hopefully with the next world update we’ll start seeing believable models and real liveries showing up without having to resort to janky workarounds to make it happen. I have a feeling we’ll hear more about that in the next Q&A.

All in all, it’s not something I’m terribly worried about. I fly GA exclusively, so most of my takeoffs and landings are at smaller airports. This isn’t an issue that’s terribly high on my list of things I’d like to see in the sim. It would still be nice, but it’s not something I’m terribly concerned about.

I think it’s highly unlikely for Asobo to make them included as world update. The most likely scenario is that the SDK would be mature enough for third party developers to actually start releasing air traffic packs each with unique models, etc as payware or freeware.

you should be fine. I fly the sim exclusively on the A320 to Medium to large airport hubs. So you can tell it’s much of a bigger deal to me to have airline liveries populating the virtual skies with their live flight number and liveries.

For me, the actual aircraft model isn’t that big of a deal. I don’t really care what the aircraft type is at this early stage of the sim’s life cycle. All I want is just livery for my Airtraffic and renders them as A320, since that’s the livery I’ll only be downloading anyway.

What do you think? Is instructions now correct? MSFS2020 - Air Traffic hack (Live traffic with real liveries) - YouTube

1 Like

In the last Q&A they vaguely mentioned that with France and Benelux World Update, we could start seeing correct plane types and liveries at those airports. Now, whether that’s active traffic or just parked planes on the ground is anyone’s guess. But it’s coming.

1 Like

This i dont get it: https://serving.photos.photobox.com/44653199b4bdf7532f9828aaff1007ef35c1fab68bf55c4c6e10f32c3e0df390a710a4ed.jpg

Why all the aircraft is using same 3 gates and then they are lining up there and waiting something. First in line dissapeard afer 5min of waiting and line moved that 30m long way. I dont get it…

AI is brain damaged, it seems. When I was testing out the liveries thing last night, I was at KSFO. There was an A320 slowly spinning in circles doing a 1 wheel turn on the taxiway just before the runway.

It’s not the first time I’ve seen this behaviour. I’ve just never seen it in an airliner before. When I’ve seen this, it’s been GA.

And it’s the same with AI planes landing. They’ll jsut stop on the runway and do nothing while ATC keeps telling them to exit. They’ll sit there for 5+ mins until they despawn.

There are many issues with the “logic” of the current Ai system. Furthermore, most of the airports have issues with their pathing which make Ai get lost or stuck (even handcrafted airports like KATL where Ai planes will not take off)

I noticed these pathing issues many places as well, even with handcrafted airports. I bought the KAPF airport from the marketplace. When GA planes land, they get stuck / lost when reaching the intersection of 5/23 and 14/32. They’ll just sit there for several minutes until they despawn, which is rather annoying.

Cmoon now AI traffic brains. We need asobo to fix these problems. I just dont want to 12yr multiplayers fly around the airports like in GTA, thats why i have disabling multiplayers when flying airliners. But there is good simmers also who use liveries and they aren shown with those liveries. This real world schedule AI traffic is pretty good in game, but there arent so much traffic in world atm. And aircrafts spawns at the gate minute before takeoff. Maeby i just have to adjust my “ground aircraft density” slider to 20%-30%, so i see more aircrafts at the gates (they dont move).

Does anobody know, how to increase AI traffics nametag to be shown further. Now it is showing about from 1km, could it be adjusted that it can be seen lots of further?

Got ■■■■ it. When i need to adjust my “Ground aircraft density” slider to have more aircrafts on airport, all the aircrafts are single engine small planes. So what would do this and can i modidy that?