Correct livery with AI traffic (real-time online ) with a320neo

you need more liveries with AI traffic models and aircraft.cfg files to have “useAirTraffic = 1”. The more you have the more the sim populates the airports with these aircrafts. And they randomly take precedence on the gate type.

Gate Heavy will be populated by A380 generic quad-engine aircrafts.
Gate Medium will be populated by A330 generic twin-engine aircrafts.
Gate Small will be populated by A320 aircrafts.

The rest like RAMP GA Large, can still be populated by A320 aircrafts. But RAMP GA Medium to Small would be populated by the small prop aircrafts.

If you don’t have enough aircraft liveries that can populate the larger parking types, the more prop planes they’ll use to populate them. So make sure you have at least 5 livery aircrafts set to be able to be used for air traffic.

This is genius. Could you elaborate on how to achieve this? Thanks!

Just follow this video…

2 Likes

Did you also follow the download link in the video comments prior posting the video…

I wasn’t aware of that… So no. I didn’t download anything other than the livery I want to use.

Ok but where? Because the video you’re posting has a dead link… Maybe fact checking prior posting the video could help others not loosing time, or is it just me who can’t connect?

Why do you need to download anything? The video is a tutorial on “how to apply the liveries”. You just need to watch how it’s done and just apply the same method with whichever livery you already have.

If there’s a download link in there, that’s not from me. The video isn’t mine either. I’m just sharing it because I followed this instruction in the video without downloading anything coming from there and I managed to get it working.

Sure, so you’re saying there are Delta Airlines liveries already in the simulator?

If not, I guess you have to download them from somewhere?

If so, what link to download them from?

Therefore, the video you’re linking has a link to a website to download the liveries the video is explaining how to configure FS2020 with. Since the download link is dead (at least from my location), the video doesn’t solve the question because it lacks the materials to follow and apply the video recommendations.

Or did I miss something?

Ohh okay. Delta Airline livers are not already in the simulator. You have to search for them and download them yourself.

You can download the liveries from here. In the left main menu just go to Aircraft Liveries → Airbus → Airbus A320neo. And you should see a collection of over 1000 liveries for the A320neo. Just pick the one you want, download it, then follow the steps in the video, and voila:

Guys im getting somewhere, something good is happening**. Lots of trying and notepad editing, i finally cracked this.**

Couple of keywords

• you can designate multiple aircraft icao types/variants to a single msfs2020 aircraft. This way you can designate for example all the 330 series variants (in sims/flightawares real schedule world) to a single 3rd party addon 330. There was free public download in november for a a330 mod that i have used with 60+ combatible liviries.
  • There has to be match with aircraft icao designator and airline / livery icao code. For example in real life Finnairs a330-300 is flying, in sim flight is called FIN29 and planes icao is in game A333 (data comes from flightaware). So there is a330’s aircraft.cfg edited so Finnair livery has icao-code “FIN” and it has designated aircraft icao’s for all the 5 diffrent varriants (A333, A334, A336, A338 etc). It a match!
  • I did designate all the a310 series and 320/321 for a320neo and its huge pack of liveries. I even included all the Embraer flights. You may also use Brekor3d 737max for all the b737 variants.
  • Atr freeware could be used for all the propeller comercial flights.

Here is Finnair A359 flight going to JFK:
https://cdn.discordapp.m/attachments/747684539077361754/813171596210077766/FlightSimulator_2021-02-22_00-12-26.jpg

I am planned to work with this more in next couple of days. Then i release these aircraft.cfg files for all!

4 Likes

This is a great find!! Glad to see it’s progressing well.
But I have one question about your second point. So you have a single 3rd party addon A330. But what ICAO aircraft type you need to assign to that single addon to be able to capture all the 5 different variants?

Do you enter multiple lines of ICAO aircraft type into the same aircraft.cfg?

Yes, there should be 4 lines on icao designators on one cfg file.
A332
A333
A338
A339

You can even out A342, A343, A345, A346 on same file, so all the remaining 340’s is showing in SIM as a 330.

doing this as well with the neo, but youhave to becarefull not to use full 8k liveries, system will be choked fast. some painters even already make Neo AI versions “lightweight” , but then again we need more models ( new ones ) and also the behaviour to be adjusted.

So technically, if I put all ICAO designator like B78X, A333, A359 all into the A320neo aircraft.cfg. That means I can get every single aircraft type used from flightaware to use the A320neo model?

Update: Well that didn’t work. if I put all of Airbus and Boeing ICAO designator to the default A320neo aircraft.cfg , and the A32NX aicraft.cfg. Then also to my livery aircraft.cfg. My live traffic is still showing with generic twin-engine model. Did I put this in the wrong section or something? And I have already turned off “Use Generic Model for AI Traffic”

Yes you have to put icao generic 0 for the Generic models. See first 5 posts on this topic.

If you have the A320 as icao_generic the game will already use that plane as the default aircraft for every twin engine jet in the air. There is no need to throw extra aircraft icao’s in there.

You don’t place any aircraft icao’s into the livery aircraft.cfg. That’s managed by the cfg of the aircraft model.

I think 787 is messing with this, because we cant modify its cfg file. I think it has icao generic 1 and we cant edit it.

The 787 has no icao_generic or otherwise you would see it everywhere. The 787 will only appear if there is a correct match with a real 78X.

1 Like

Setting the A320 as icao_generic=1 doesn’t seem to be enough. I have to also disable the generic models to be icao_generic=0. But there’s a problem that I explain below.

The problem with this is that when I put all generic models to use icao_generic = 0. The sim gave me CTD every single time, in the World map, when I was zooming in (presumably when the sim tries to render the green Live traffic icon). So if I refrain myself from zooming in and just went straight to the airport gate. My Sim always CTD on the loading screen.

The only way that I think I can get it to stabilise is to also add icao_generic=1 to the A32NX mod as well. I assumed that since this is modding the default A320, that if only one has icao_generic=1 but not the other, that might have caused the CTD.

So I think I get the liveries working using icao_generic=1… But I have another problem. None of these aircraft make any engine sounds. Not when taxiing, not when taking off, nor approach for landing. I’m scratching my head as to why there’s no sounds.

You don’t need to set every generic model to icao_generic = 0. You only need to do it for the generic twin engine jet model. The game is using some kind of hierarchy and will use the A320 generic first over every other lower generic model.

The reason for silent AI models is that the livery folder only point towards a model and texture folder. I’m currently playing around with adding a folder for the sound but i have to wait for the right AI model show up before i know if it works.