Correct livery with AI traffic (real-time online ) with a320neo

The generic Asobo “A380” is being used for ALL quad engine traffic. Models like the A380, B747, or A340.

The game is checking the aicraft.cfg for the airline code and will pull the right livery. If it can’t find a code it will use a FLTSIM without airline code. That happens since the release of the game. No breaking news.

Actually, it isn’t true what you are saying. It went OVER your head. We are using the A320 mod . Some say since we are using generic 1 for everything, that we will get random aircraft instead of airlines. That is why we put it as 0 (default is 1 for generic) but the ASOBO defaults seem to be doing a decent job of distinguishing even with all generics 1to 1 and with A320 to 1 as well.

I NEVER once have seen a A380 used as a multiplayer aircraft though. Usually you need an exact copy ogf aircraft mod to see what a player uses, so that means the working cockpit version(mod) is similar to the default generic.

btw SHOW Me the line that says it is default.

What kind of “default” do you want? I stopped using the Asobo A320 as icao_generic a long time ago.

why?

Many(some) of us still use it because it has loads of liveries and doesn’t kill fps or storage.

Because i use the IVAO models. They also have tons of liveries (sometimes multiple liveries for one airline) and i have more models. I can observe KLAX and watch a Japan Airlines B77W coming in.

In fact i have ZERO icao_generic models in the game. Sometimes they are causing buggy departing traffic.

i tried multiplayer with 0 icao generic and what happened was players in my group who had planes different than myself literally disappeared, no plane, no nametag,etc. I am trying to incorporate multiplayer at same time as real traffic.

Because you had no aircraft with the correct ICAO code in order to match their aircraft. The fun fact is that if you really had no icao_generic activated you would have had a CTD before the flight even starts. You need to trick the system to make it work.

i wish there was A380 liveries. I assume it could be made to use quad engine generic before twin engine with livery. perhaps make it so the 747 shows instead since more liveries and aircraft in the sky for them. one without a full cockpit be nice for fps.

Since the A380 is default generic for quad engines, can someone show me how to make it be used for live traffic quad engines, while A320 used for 2 engines?

I realized I have livery for emerites and qantas for a380.

Can someone explan this to me. I have seen this flight daily as a default generic since i don’t have livery. Today it showing as aDELTA, but more strange is it says “AIRBUS”, never have my real traffic done that. It always shows “GEN”. Only in other peoples screenshots have I seen this before.

It’s probably because the live traffic data is received as a matching A20N. So the sim spawns as A20N and set to Airbus.

GEN is for aircrafts that doesn’t have a matching ICAO designator between the live traffic data and the model library that’s installed.

but shouldn’t it show default without Delta livery?

Delta shoudl only be for DELTA.

True. Did you replace the default one with Delta livery?

default?

I have liverie sset up the way we did them. Set on generic.

I usually replace the default airtraffic liveries so I don’t get the blank ugly default liveries with Star Alliance, Skyteam, or OneWorld liveries. If this is changed to whichever livery you have it will showas such.

Maybe there’s a VIV ICAO code entered somewhere in your Delta aircraft.CFG?

Either way a good tip is to disable name plates. I get to enjoy my flights a lot more because I don’t think about having a matching flight number with the traffic livery.

lol, but then you don’t know if it works.

No VIV ICAO in Delta file and just last night I saw same plane shown correctly, without a livery and “GEN”.

blah, must be a random error. None of my CFG files have anything that would explain the wrong livery being used. Ironically I could instal VIV livery but since i ever only see that same ONE flight, I didnt bother.

Todays update meesed up some things.

Everyone complaining that now you can’t see in multiplayer nametags the type of aircraft. For live traffic I noticed some livery mismatching. The substituted jinair for airlines that i have no livery for. That shouldn’t happen. They also had an UAE A380 with no livery fly instead of my UAE a320 , which should have displayed.

Happened again. Why is jinair showing on another plane that isn’t ? Is there a way ASOBO update could have messed up cfg to make this a default livery?

Ok, i see a change. Now when its an airline i don’t have livery for it is showing random liveries. Any idea why this is happening and how to stop it? It came since the update today.

Ironically they seem to have deleted united from their file.