Correct units settings!

The first step has been taken, we have received the metric system.
But please give us more flexibility.

For now:

How it should be.

Could you please change “Hybrid” units of measurement, we are not using km/h for speed and wind, and distqnce are in NM not in km

Hybrid = speed: kts, wind speed: kts; distance NM , Fuel: liters/kg, weight: kg, Altitude: feet, QNH: hpa

10 Likes

Indeed. Asobo are French, they should know how we measure avaiation stuff in Europe.

3 Likes

I’ve not seen units changing in aircraft either, altimeter unit is still showing Inches instead of millibars.

5 Likes

You are correct and, Oh god, what did they do?!

I was so looking forward to this.

It isn’t a biggie if it gets fixed but it will be nice to look forward to a time where we can anticipate a patches changes with excitement instead of trepidation.

Even better, how about in addition to the three basic settings, Imperial, Metric & Hybrid, include an additional advanced screen, where users can select the units individually for each measurement?

This would allow users flying in places such as China or Russia to change individual units as required, such as wind in m/s.

5 Likes

Totally agree. I really expected to see pressure in Mb/Hpa under Hybrid, all my flying is on VATSIM and this a biggie for us. I have a conversion chart in front of me so easy enough but what we’re NOT seeing is “Hybrid” as it stands. Even under “Metric” the pressure in the light aircraft is still in Inches.

2 Likes

I agree, we need more granularity instead of weird presets that don’t seem to make much sense. These options exist in simulators like Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator.

1 Like

Indeed. And i dont think what its hard to implement

Perfect. The implemented hybrid system is useless so far.

As I know the correct Hybrid that airliners use is :
Wind : Knots and degree
Altitude : Feet (China : Meters)
Weight : Kg
Fuel : Liter
Speed : Knots
Runway: Meters
Both 29.92 Or 1013 is used
at all i wish we could choose individually !

2 Likes

I couldn’t help thinking there was a bit of schadenfreude from the developers with this one - “You want metric? We’ll give you metric!”

Got my vote.

2 Likes

Runway: Meters

5 Likes

Add distance in mils and speed in knots to the Hybrid measurement system.

1 Like

Omg, i did not notice until today that Aircraft Cruise Speeds and Range shows im Km/h and Km in the Aircraft selection screen and had to facepalm myself.

Your solution in the Options would be the best and very obvious for something called “Flight Simulator” except some spelling errors. But i really hope they wont confuse your “Miles” with Statute Miles.

I could imagine next time they patch this issue they will use Statute Miles instead of Nautical :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

ICAO standard

16 Likes

This should be extremely embarrassing for Asobo.

I don’t know how they can be taken seriously as a flight simulator, instead of just a game, when they can’t get the basics like this correct. Even FS 5.0 which ran on MS-DOS got this right, and that was 27 years ago.

4 Likes

Still required to fix this thing

1 Like

I’m surprised how little traction this has received. I guess people are starting to just accept theses issues as part of MSFS.

3 Likes

I don’t think it is necessary to be able to change every unit of measurement. As long as Imperial, Metric and Hybrid systems are correctly implemented, or even better, depending on the region you are flying, I don’t see any problem with it, for example:

• Imperial - US
  • Hybrid - Europe
  • Metric - Russia

Its mainly those three systems anyway in real life, only kgs / lbs might be depending on the manufacturer.

1 Like