CPU-bound performance decrease after World Update 14/AAU 2

I’ve closely tracked my system performance since building it in March. My Pimax Crystal just arrived, and as I prepare to transition to it from a Reverb G2, I took some baseline performance data. To my surprise, there is a notable decrease in CPU bound performance. It probably started with AAU 2 or World Update 14. I rechecked my data on two separate days.

My key test scenario is on the ground at KSFO using the DA40 NG default aircraft and resolution scaling at 30% to ensure a CPU bound scenario. I’m seeing around a 15% drop in CPU bound performance at high frame rates (from above 90 to about 78 under certain circumstances).

GPU-bound performance is still quite stable. I also did not observe a decrease in CPU-bound performance in DCS, which I similarly closely track. I’ve also tried various reversions of drivers and BIOS revisions, but the common thread appears to be MSFS itself.

There is some discussion about something similar here: Performance drops after take off following SU14. CPU relayed?. However, that topic was moved from the bug section, does not have all the same details (notably, I don’t think this issue is related to taking off) and the discussion there has gone a different direction.

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Yes, to measure frame rates.

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes.

Brief description of the issue:

Notable decrease in CPU-bound performance in a standardized test.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Not applicable.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Assess CPU-bound performance using any number of techniques. I use the default DA 40 NG on the ground at KSFO with 30% resolution scaling.

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

NVIDIA 536.67.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Ryzen 9 7950X3D, RTX 4090, HP Reverb G2.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes, FPS decrease >20% in the same situation.

Ryzen 5800x3d; Nvidia 3080ti, different up-to-date drivers

no

flying over Slovenia fps drops from 59 to 18.