Performance drops after take off following SU14. CPU relayed?

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

Performance drops after take off following SU14. CPU relayed?

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

CPU

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Any flight started appears to have the same issue.

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

NVIDEA - latest update

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

As per attached screenshot

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Post SU14

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hello!

Your topic has been moved into the General Discussion & Community Support category.

The Bug Reporting category is for posting suspected or confirmed bugs that other users are able to reproduce without duplicating an existing bug topic. Using the template is required in order to provide valuable information, feedback, and replication steps to our test team.

If you are not sure if your issue is a bug or need further input from the community, please use the General Discussion & Community Support category. If the community can replicate your issue, first search the Bug Reporting category to see if there’s an existing topic. If it already exists, contribute to that report. Duplicate bug reports will be closed.

If you believe it is a new report, then create a new bug topic using the provided topic template.

NOTE: All issues caused by or involving third-party addons/mods should be reported to the third-party developer. Assure that no addons/mods are used when reporting issues in Bug Reports.

Hello
Could you show in processes or in details how CPU consumption is going and what are the causes…?
You can also deploy MSFS, your process surely has some associated processes.
I also see that it has 269 processes for me and in my case they seem too many.
We are going to try to solve all that.

Since MSMF 2020 came out I made some adjustments and thank God I have always been stable. It could be luck and be among the lucky ones I don’t know.

(Forgive me if something is not understood, I use a translator and I could put badly translated things)

Hey there,

I’ll get the process screenshot when I am next in the sim. I do run a lot in the background. I have cleared out my NVIDEA cash in the hope this may have been the cause. Unfortunately since clearing it I haven’t been able to test propery.

1 Like

I will try to help you as much as I can

I was just noticing I have the same issue as OP.

FYI, I have 200 Processes running displaying the desktop and this FS2020 Forum.

Hello
First of all excuse me. Apparently we have a different time zone, that’s why I’m answering now.
200,300 or 400 processes are not a problem. The problem is when your CPU can’t process in time and sends the GPU behind schedule.
So we need to take work off the CPU like…?
Well, among many things, one of them is to remove unnecessary processes and that do not affect the PC so that the CPU goes faster and sends the data to the GPU beforehand, thus avoiding stuttering, freezing and CTD.

you can take a look at the tweaks

Perhaps you meant after WU14? Please edit the title as it might be misleading.

1 Like

I think the core issue here is that this has only started since the latest update. It can’t be our CPU’s. It must be sim related. I have deleted the rolling cache and emptied the NVidea Cache in the hopes this would resolve it. There is an improvement however, the CPU is still spiking and making aircraft unflyable.

What exactly do you mean by “CPU spiking” and “unflyable”? According to your screenshot, the overall processor utilization is relatively flat at 50%. There seems to be an issue with Core #8. Apparently there is a process or a thread running at 100% utilization. This would be VERY unusual for MSFS.

There isn’t any way to determine which program is using that core without digging deeply using Windows internals that are not available to most users. I would bet that it isn’t MSFS although 100% on one core probably would impact MSFS and overall system responsiveness that is noticeable (“unflyable”).

1 Like

A reminder to keep this topic on-topic. If you want to continue participating, avoid posts aimed at other users and focus solely on the discussion.

From the Code of Conduct - SOP:

• The Skies are Open for All - Everyone is welcome to Microsoft Flight Simulator regardless of age, gender, race, sexuality, or creed.
  • One World, One Community - No matter how you play – regardless of platform, experience level, or reason – we are one community of aviation lovers.
  • Follow Your Checklist - Adhere to the set of rules from each community space. Skipping a checklist item can ground a flight quickly.
  • A Pilot is a Pilot - Treat everyone in the community with respect, and seek to have positive experiences with your fellow pilots.
  • A Pilot is a Pilot - Treat everyone in the community with respect, and seek to have positive experiences with your fellow pilots.
1 Like