Crash on initial loading screen (Works Offline, but not Online)

I have the same issue. Steam version…so far I realized that you can disconnect the internet, start the MSFS and then in the options I deactivated data…then you can reconnect the internet and it will not crash. I tried to investigate the settings, made a new xbox live account and it still didnt solve the problem. It has to be definitely something with the connection to their servers. I just dont get it, till august everything was fine until they started to integrate the XBOX functionalities and now for more than 3 months I cannot play the game as it was promised on my PC. I will try to get the game refunded…I am very dissapointed about this piece of sheet that has been produced…switching back to XPlane and MSFS will never see me again!

Probably your steam cloud save data got corrupted.

Turn off steam cloud for msfs.

edit
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/steam-ctd-on-startup-after-splash-screen/356188/11

1 Like

Hi @TenPatrol , I tried this one allready (I think I read it somewhere from you on the forum), but it wasnt helping. I found a very complicated workaround, but it is working now, allthough im not pleased.
I opened up another steam account and I did a “family-share” of MSFS, then I entered a new user in MSFS-XBox Live, since MSFS was saying that the existing user is allready linked to another steam account. Now it is working, but everytime I will need to switch the steam accounts, when I will want to play MSFS…its an outrage what Asobo / Microsoft did with the update in august, I am so ■■■■■■!

1 Like

So maybe smth is wrong with xbox cloud data.

For testing purpose:

Launch msfs.

1 Like

Well…I made a new account for everything…the point is, when msfs is starting on the new windows account, it asks to download >100GB of data, which I will not do again.
I can live with the workaround where I creates a 2nd steam account, family link it to the original steam account and to start from the new steam account the MSFS…still quite dissapointed that MS and Asobo did such a lousy job…
TIll the update in august everything was working fine…

This actually helped me a lot!!
I changed my whole languagee settings to english US, but for some reason, it did not install the Speech voice language pack… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like