Crash To Desktop after the latest update

thanks for good infos… the CTD are new since 1.13.16.0 ? ( it’s realy important info )

I will made a test flight, both airports looks not far away from each other :slight_smile:

PS:. please not write in other threads parallel. It’s a bit confusing, because I sometime think ‘where I have seen this report already ?’ ( examples: 1 , 2 ) :slight_smile:

EDIT: and is the CTD in your case repeatable ? allways at these route ?

Ok here I will repeat it again one more time ;
Feb 15th - simulation running beautifully.
Feb 16th , after update , same configuration - stuttering - poor performance and CTDs

Yes, to problem is because of US. We don’t know skat after 7months of use and careful tuning.

• We remove the brakes on your car but please describe the problem with those reports sheets and we’ll tell you what to do to go around it and not crash in that brick wall. :frowning_face:
1 Like

Although this post was not directed to you initially, If you insist on being confrontational I will respond with the following.
Your anger being directed at other users for your inflexible desire to post blame rather than source a solution, is more than disturbing. It is insulting. The USERs on this forum are not in ANY way connected to Microsoft OR Asobo. They are flight sim enthusiasts, just like you. If you ask your neighbor for help with your lawn mower it would be inappropriate to beat him with the starter rope because you are unhappy with Honda.

I will offer you the same choice.

• Be respectful of those willing to help and accept that SOME issues CAN be resolved with simple changes to system settings. Every computer is different.
  • Make a report to Zendesk and go sit down. Stop wasting other forum members valuable time. They would like to fix their problem and go flying.

The alternative is being ignored and/or flagged.

Pick one.

1 Like

I tried this… IFR GRITY… Mooney M20R

No issues so far, beside of the worst weather. The fps are little bit low ( max 30 , but lots of icing ) and memory usage was also not really low ( ~16GiG used / 25 commited ).

(i8700k/64GIG(2666)/2080TI/3840x1600/near all ultra/cache is currently off)

EDIT : I forgot the hint :)… in special in case you had also former CTD, possible try to disbale memory xmp mode for a test-case.

Hi @PS244,
Members of the forum in this topic are trying to help you. That is what this forum is for. Members helping members.

If you do not want this help, submit to zendesk. There is no need to backlash at others trying to assist you nor to derail a topic.

@MichaMMA has brought up a good point about that paging file.

2 Likes

I have had 2 CTDs since my Deluxe Edition Disks arrived 1 day after release. Until Update 3 that is.
After Update 3 I have had three CTDs in two days. No flight lasted longer than 15 minutes.
At first I did still have items in the community folder.
All removed same thing.
I did notice that I can no longer access the option for manual cache. And the area I had cached is also the area I normally fly in.

Is the manual cache greyed out for everyone or is there something I am doing wrong. I saw that I should redo any manual cache in the release notes for update 3…but since I can’t get to that option that is kinda hard to do.

I can use it ( rolling and manual ).
But I currently use no cacheing ( no rolling and no manual ).

Possible can you make a screenshot ? (winkey+printkey) ?
And give some infos about your system ?
Happens the CTD on a specific area ?
And have you emptied your community folder ( often mods needs an update after new release ) ?

Yes CTD’s are new since UK update. Happening at random flights, at random times, not just that route. Yes repeatable. If I monitor it in dev mode fps counter, my fps drop, manipulator and main thread spike, then CTD

hmmm…

I made an EDIT in former post. Possible try :slight_smile:

Otherwise… hmm… I not use the developer-mode. I read a lot of issues coming from this to. I just use tools like MSI Afterburrner oder simple Taskmanager/Resourcemonitor.
Happens CTD also if dev-mode is off ?

Xmp profile is set to default…no overclock on CPU…rtx 3080 running stock speeds…no changes to hardware or software other then the update

Yes dev mode on or off CTD still happens

Cpu and gpu useage drop right before CTD… monitoring with hardware monitor and windows task manager shows similar occurence

not sure about :slight_smile: … you use a XMP Profile, or not ? :slight_smile:

Possible you can use CPU-Z and there are two tabs for SPD and memory.

If you use 3200, it is the XMP mode.

It is of course only a test. It helped a lot of users to go back to normal JEDED Profile, but just not all.

Also because the CTD happens since 1.13.16.0 it might be another reason.

I am sure…had xmp enabled in bios…set it back to default…still happening regardless

try it on a lower setting, running ultra on your rig , it might be too much

Thanks but I ran it at the lowest settings still occurs…it just mind boggling…since release I have been lucky and haven’t had any problem with the updates…this time, no some much

hmm… okay… idea is to eliminate step by step possible reasons :slight_smile:

Other idea for the moment is only nvidia driver.

It’s realy a bit strange… you already have your setting “only” at High , or ?

EDIT: you wrote faster than I :joy:

Tried all setting…high, medium, low…nvidia driver…461.40…newest one…not in front of PC at work now but will double check later

yes… I will do tomorrow also some longer test-flights to ensure that I not get CTD with new 1.13.16.0 :slight_smile:

Other users also reporting stuttering in menu. I seen this too, in special after checking the manual-cache-page.

Lol…I appreciate the help…I have read the forum and have tried all items you have mentioned…still no luck…going to take break and maybe get at it tomorrow

1 Like