Crash To Desktop after the latest update

I had a CTD as I was loading in at London City Airport and figured out that it was Live Traffic that was causing an overload of some sort.

After I turned off live traffic, all was well with the world again.

It shouldn’t crash I know, but there has been an issue with CTDs and Live Traffic for a while, so maybe try turning that off until the issue is sorted.

Thanks…will put that on my list also

really ? still this ?.. There was issues with it mainly since 1.12.13.0… thought is gone. Then possible I should point to the “old” hints here as an info :slight_smile:

( a note: since months I only use Text2Speach=WindowsOffline )

I am concerned about the number of users reporting issues they have not encountered before. There must be a reason some are and many are not…

Please jump to this thread and participate if you are having issues.

crashes on my side even while just trying to fetch the world update III from the marketplace (took me three ctds to get it completed)…

i’ve had fun for about 8 weeks after launch - no crashes at all, did hundreds of hours up in the air and then, all of a sudden, i wasn’t able to complete any flight anymore. two updates later, the crashes disappeared and then, a few weeks and updates later, the ctd’s without any message at all came back again.

it’s just not about the hardware or software setup, it’s the game itself that is still buggy and still needs some time to get fixed.

no matter how much i over- oder underclock my system, if the game even crashes to desktop without any message aside from a notice in the event log, the software itself is buggy. not the system. FULLSTOP it’s called: an unhandled exception.

check my history - we had all of this months ago and i tried to be patient then and now, been helpful and yep, had my zendesk fun with asobo, too.

asobo knows about of all of this and i’m sure, they are trying to get to the root if those issues but until then, just keep your system as it is. none of you will be able to fix those issues on yourselfs by just tweaking system settings.

just my 5 cents.

ps: cyberpunk, battlefront, battlefield, rocket league, x-plane, fallen order et al work fine though. don’t give me the “this game is just more demanding” argument…

2 Likes

I do not wish to diminish your frustration, but there have been dozens of users in your position that have in fact had success in getting their systems stable under MSFS. The vast majority of users do not have stability issues with the sim. An unfortunate few have had ongoing issues that we haven’t yet been able to help. All that said, there have still been many, many users that are now flying, not crashing, ( at least not to the desktop ). Most of those with simple settings.

Based on your past experiences, ( I did go back and look ), I would appreciate your participation in my research thread, above, if you could spare a touch of your time.

2 Likes

i know how to program in a vast amount of computer languages, i know how debugging works… we won’t be able to, because just trying things out as a user while tweaking settings, won’t work. we users won’t be able to get to the root of those issues. it’s just a waste of time, sorry - but i’m just trying to keep it short here.

but you’re probably right. a lot of people aren’t experiencing any major bugs or CTDs, but quite some still do. that’s what i meant when i was talking about 8 weeks of fun and then, all of a sudden, things went hell, got good again, and now, i’m not even able to download stuff from the marketplace without CTDs.

I also do a little programming. That is not what this is about. This is about collecting data that may assist the developer in solving some of the roots. I am witnessing a trend and am collecting data to support the hypothesis.
If you would be kind enough to pop to the thread and answer a couple simple questions maybe a solution can be found.

i appreciate your kindness and willingness to help to the community as a whole (been there, done that) but it won’t serve, trust me. i’ve done a bunch of detailed zendesk tickets but the issues remain.

be patient. that’s what i would recommend.

and well, they - asobo - should handle crashes in a way so they get the required information semi-automatically anyways. but they somehow refuse to implement a proper mechanism to do so. it’s NOT our job to do THEIR job.

@MichaMMA

For me the page file hint did it. :slight_smile: I had set it to min/max 5GiB - thought 32 GiB RAM should be enough so page file won’t be used much. That was a mistake - set it to 32 GiB min/max, i.e. same a RAM size as suggested in Zendesk CTD troubleshooting guide.
Still seem to have CTD issues when using A32nx mod again, but then at least it works with stock A320.

Thanks for your assistance, much appreciated. :+1:

2 Likes

ok…so I know I said i was going to take a break…But…so I did a fresh Install of windows, fresh install of sim. Didnt install any of the world updates from market place (japan,us,uk). tested sim in various parts of the US. My home base, KISP… tested in KLAX, and also tested in KPHX. Flights around KJFK and KLGA were back to where the were before the update as well as KLAX and downtown Los Angeles. KPHX , desert ,tested all difference view angle to try to get the frames to jump around. no CTD. exit sim and restart, install japan…same results…exit sim install usa…same results…start add my flight panels back into sim( honeycomb yoke ,bravo, 3 logitech flight panels, rudders…all seems fine…but havent installed UK update from market place yet…also I had mooney and seminole install…havent install those yet either…

Every day since the last update I’ve had a CTD and/or BSOD when running MSFS. Had the game since October and it has never been this bad, maybe once a month. Now once a day it seems like after this last update. It’s totally random too. I had just finished flying for like 2 hours with no problem and then I went back to the main menu to browse the marketplace and while I was scrolling through the marketplace the PC BSODd and rebooted. Something definitely not right with the latest update. I’ve never even felt the need to look at this forum category until after this last update.

of course not… but which other reason have a community. And I assume we are much more people to do that, than the game-companies can create jobs for support :slight_smile:

in this case you changed a lot of things which can have caused the CTD :slight_smile:
Interessting would be what happens now with the UK update. I assume you mean the market place content, which are only ‘map data’ of UK and so I guess you have no CTD (at least not over UK) .

We have one,two cases in forum where a specific setting caused a CTD an with re-install of MSFS also the settings are reseted. But I assume it is not in your case.

But anyway… all my thumbs that my assumption is correct and sim works fine also with the UK download :slight_smile:

this points normaly not to a game issue, instead to an issue with your system.

You can try sfc/dism ( e.g. https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/crash-every-30-min/327301/31?u=michamma ) .
Also check all your installed drivers.
And possible have a look at system temps while you playing.

And don’t forget: we assume here that NO mods installed. Jut because I seen your old CTD post from Nov’20. :
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ctd-when-exiting-to-main-menu/326242/9?u=michamma

Well I doubt that since I can play all my other games for hours on end without a single crash. Temps are fine, system is water-cooled. And we’re talking about BSOD while browsing the marketplace here, not even flying. Can any mods installed cause that kind of problem while just in the menu?

1 Like

What is the network connection latency?
No other consumer on the fiber 100 Mibts?
Unmanaged switch in your network?
Your CPU is defintly to slow for London and your settings.
I have an AMD 3600, faster than yours and this to slow too.
Most importand is the single thread performance.
There are massiv data to calculate for each frame and you want 30 frames every second.

as say’d … mods are special thing and we can not check it ( and they are not in focus of these category READ FIRST , but you can possible search in #third-party-addon-discussion .

A bluescreen is normaly nothing what an application can create. Possible an outdated driver can cause it. But ouf course,… there are allways exceptions :slight_smile:

yes the market place content…I have installed all as was before, haven’t ventured into the UK as of yet, but all seems to be working now. will test more tonight over the UK

Also Thanks for all you help… :smiley:

1 Like

Getting CTD since the update as well (never had it before). Disabled all MODs and still no help. This has now happened 3 times in a row flying to KSPG airport in Florida USA.

Can we test the following?
Airplane: G36
Destination: Airport
Takeoff: from anyway, either another nearby airport or directly in the air about 15 minutes out…

Per above, my specs:
Community folder is empty
Developer mode either on/off, no difference
PC Specs:
i9 9900K stock clocks
32 GiB RAM
RTX 3080 with latest drivers and stock clocks
Windows 10