Crash to desktop without error message

so wat logs am i looking for

open “windows event viewer” and search the latest error entry related to Flight…Sim… Then copy/paste the Text from “General” Tab.

See also:

EventData

FlightSimulator.exe
5fda32ba
unknown
c0000005
01d6ddd6c5f57dab
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
unknown
7ebf56ed-5588-451f-911f-378250c7d44b
Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
App

thought id use a current log…so tried to run…cdt at main menu…which is 95% of my CDT

EventData

FlightSimulator.exe
5fda32ba
FlightSimulator.exe
5fda32ba
c0000005
00000000021845e3
6f8
01d6de006aeb77c1
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
bc9d4db8-7f2e-4e90-a2b0-3afdfe4dc0cd
Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
App

Flew SLET -> SLCO with Cirrus SR22.

12 mins left to destination (4,5 hours total) and… CTD!

"
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fda32ba
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fda32ba
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000b1bbce
Faulting process id: 0x35bc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6dde477100fc9
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 6da1382c-e32f-4ff4-b2c2-423939b9c05b
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App
"

I have been reviewing the issues/solutions in this and other threads. We seem to be going over the same things multiple times.
AmbitiousPilot put together a very nice troubleshooting guide that obviously has been forgotten in the archives.

If you are experiencing CTD you NEED to read this!

Take your time and work through the guide…

2 Likes

Same here.
As the European skies are rather empty these days, I switched from realtime traffic to offline AI and had the dreaded CTD without error message (Exception code 0xc000000 in the event viewer) on 3 TBM flights today. All 3 had the same symptoms: after +/- 15 to 20 minutes, a couple of short sound stutters, screen freeze followed by a CTD.

Switching back to Live online traffic allowed me to finally complete a flight.

1 Like

I originally thought that the crashes were related to the Ai traffic offline, but they seem to be simply a result of my system being overwhelmed. I have screwed down the claims - and lo and behold, I no longer have a crash. My system is the following: Intel core 7- 9700k CPU 3.60Hz with 32 GB RAM and an Nvidia Geforce Ttx 2070 Super graphics card - but not good enough for the Microsoft flight simulator if you want everything in ultra. ;-(

1 Like

the x…005 crash in main-menu points very often to issue with your system.

As I mentioned here MSFS let run your PC at 100% also in main-menu:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/100-gpu-load-main-menu-because-background-hangar-rendering/339365

Thus… please check the existing tips ( e.g. disable xmp mode and not set manual memory timings… don’t know how often we told that within the thread :wink: ).
Open your pc-case and see whether you can play longer, etc…

Also @willisxdc mentioned a howto thread ( POST Number 2080 ). Not all is relevant, e.g. process affinity should have no impact. If it is the case, your system is wrong configured/ faulty/ or bad cooled.

PS.: and just in case you not noticed it: empty community folder :slight_smile:

so what ur saying is that my oloy ddr4 3200 which suggest that i set timings through xmp and voltage to 1.35 i now have to disable and run at 2666mhz

yes… just for a test :slight_smile:

If it works, then we have a solution… if not, then at least we know that this was not the reason :slight_smile:

well bit the bullet…disabled xmp and even dumbed down my asus rog strix 1080ti down by 10% using afterburner
still i get CDT in random areas…1st whilst loading…2nd time whilst loading go fly…3rd time just before main menu all same error inevent viewer 0x000005 one again

thinking about it…dont know why i bothered with the xmp as tested system with 2x8gb corsair vengence that i got lying about and still had cdt with that running default @3000mhz

it is still one of the big reasons within this thread:

• enable xmp mode ( or any kind of overcloacking ) results in ctd
    ( not all users and not in general, but for lot of users here in thread )

And if you run MSFS, please disable ALL manual settings in nvidia control panel, also not use tools like Afterburner to e.g. “down by 10%” … Just use normal default settings :slight_smile:

i installed afterburner to downclock gpu as suggested by another member
but still CDT
still CDT with xmp off
still CDT with gpu downclocked
still CDT with minimal settings in msfs
stil CDT after swapping oloy mem for corsair vengance
no matter what i try still get CDT

the only partial success I’ve had is to do fresh install then i can get a 5min vr flight before it CDT…then it continues to cdt on subsequent loading

so completely at a loss and extremely frustrated

As say’d … not run other tools in parallel , also not such “downclocking” tools. It should be, in a normal running system, absolutly not necessary.

If all is on default, no apps in parallel, also with open pc-case ( to determine whether you have possible a thermo issue ) , of course emptry community folder, and you run into a CTD, we have to search on another side. ( of course, there is a change about faulty hardware )

As example:

• in game cache max 30 gig or try to disable ( and remove the file )
  • have you installed the EN Language Pack ?
  • which c+ version is installed ?
  • tried nstalled the former 457… nvidia driver ?
  • have you any kind of perf-test tool , like e.g. 3DMark ? let it run for a while…
  • make the windows checks ( mentioned former: dism, sfc… )
  • also go through the howto-list which willisxdc mentioned former
  • what kind of virus protection you have ?
  • have you all other drivers up2date ? ( sound, chipset, etc. )
  • have you some crazy hardware connected ? ( 20 Usb-Hubs, Bluetooth devices ? , … )

PS: And stop this million Re-Installing tries :wink: !

rolled back driver to 457
have no themral issues
run aida 64 for 4hs no issues (use to have issues till i set oloy timings to xmp and 1.35v)
completed 5 passes or memtest
no firewall or antivirus
no other programs are running
running aio coler with cpu never above 70
gpu never gets too hot but also tried with fans max and temp never went above 50
bios updated few days ago along with all other drivers

1 Like

Vanilla Windows
Vanilla MSFS
Vanilla Steam
No OC/No XMP
No community folder
Running only on the mandatory packages
No AI, no ATC, no Rolling cache
Low details
Disconnected all controllers, only keyboard and mouse
Ryzen 5 3600X / 32GB of RAM / Radeon 5700XT / MSI X570 ACE / 850W Gold Corsair PSU
Windows 10 20H2
Mem tested, stress tested
Tried installing all on a SSD, or all in the NVMe both reinstalling windows and MSFS (107GB EVERYTIME)
CTD in the menu, CTD in the map, CTD parked, CTD flyng anywhere, CTD loading

Tell me it’s my problem now?

1 Like

You are wasting your time. No offence to those diligently trying to help but unless they’ve experienced the random CTD we are talking about, I doubt they will ever understand.
The simple fact is the sim is buggy probably beyond fixable. There are thousands of different things that can cause CTD on this platform, multiple combinations of scenarios too. It is impossible to fix unless Microsoft decides to fix it. I’m just so upset that I wasted so much money building a new pc and buying VR headset for this when my old one is still fine with my other flight sims. One can at least have an idea or know how to troubleshoot the other sims, you get absolutely nothing in event viewer and left with zero way forward. I love the sim but this is a major embarrassment for Microsoft. My conclusion, its just terrible. Simple. Its a terribly half baked sim. Watch the asobo interview on how they recreated the world and you’ll find they accidentally decided to create a flight sim. Bad idea!!! I would happily give this product back and never look back if I could get the ridiculous amount of money I’ve spent on it

4 Likes

you have a similar system to me and im getting similar issues
this has to be a software issue with msfs
so we are wasting our time trying this and that

ASOBO please fix

3 Likes