Crash to desktop without error message

, ,

Yes of course. What should i look for?

entries with ERROR related to Flighsim…exe.

Sometime, with bit luck, we get bit more info from the error message.

Do you mean this:

oh… the VCRUNTIME.dll issue :grimacing: … there are threads, possible we find hints which I forgot :slight_smile:

That sounds promising… :smiley:

and lol… the first thing what I found as I searched the existing threads was my setting which I have since… ever

Text2Speach=Windows Offline

( I mentioned this also within the ‘since 1.12.13.0.’ link )

But there are many newer possible issues… we should read a bit :slight_smile:

And possible you can try the setting :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool. Thanks a lot! I’ll try that out immediatly.

…and THANK YOU Guys for the time for helping me!!! :+1:

2 Likes

That may even be a good thing, but, when installing these updates I’ve found they disturb random things like the size of the rolling cache, and key bindings. I’m not certain what is actually stored in the cloud, and/or whether it has any effect on reinstalling the local files. Also, if you look in the directory where aircraft and the “base packages” are installed, you’ll find a list of “leftovers” from the last update.

This is a wild guess on my part, but perhaps having packages installed all at the same time helps the bits and pieces work and play better together. :slight_smile:

The only evidence I have that this may be the case, is that I have gone through this ritual after every update and it seems - more or less - to mitigate the CTD events. The list shown below was all dated 9 or 10 January. All other directories were dated 16 February.

Fortunately, I have fairly decent internet and a fairly high-speed connection, with no data cap. I should be back up and flying no later than 22:00 Zulu today.

Screenshot 2021-02-20 111525

1 Like

No luck. Crashes even if i turn it off completely.

The crash situation isn’t better afer the update. I deside, that I will report every crash with attaching a msinfo and dxdiag file to zendesk.

It isn’t the community that has to solve the problem. It’s Microsoft’s job, they got my money too. * annoyed *

5 Likes

I am finally succeeding in completing FS Economy jobs in MSFS. I had to disable the G1000 and G3000 mods to do it. And I discovered that a Windows update had set my USB ports to sleep and save energy. I had turned all that off a long time ago, but it got turned on again. So with those changes, I completed flights without CTDs. I was getting a CTD by touching buttons in the cockpit. My passengers didn’t appreciate it - nor did they care for my language!

Windows allocates the page file at system start. Setting the min/max size the same avoided Windows having to grow the page file each time additional pages were needed. This impacted performance in pre-Windows 10 systems without any SSDs.

Defrag moves data blocks around on a disk to improve performance. Since SSDs don’t have moving parts, it is not needed and should be avoided for SSDs.

The reason is not because they don’t have moving parts, specifically. It’s because the access time is much, much faster than an HDD, and that aspect is because it has no moving parts. You don’t have to wait for the head to move, or for the disk to rotate to the part of the disks surface you need to access.

1 Like

this is what we expect… more Tickets, more data, more Prio… :wink:

I’am shocked that there are still users which not know the rule number one in case of CTD:

• remove ALL Mods

Also the link to the “README First”:

not only, otherwise the max value would be useless :joy:
It created the pagefile with minimun size at system start, if not already exist.

data can be still fragmented, and in special if a pagefile must be increased at runtime. There is no new file system which avoid fragmentation of files/data :wink:

The “Defrag TOOL” defragment this data, but this should never be done at a SSD ( limited write cycle => limited lifetime ) and it is not necessary to do that at a SSD ( there is no lose of performance ) .
Therefore Windows itself do in meanwhile a TRIM if you let Defrag the SSD.
And therefore I wrote “old trick for HDD” and NOT “old trick for SSD”.

I mentioned min/max same as the reason to ENSURE that you get what you set as max value - what is not the case if you have limited free space on disc.

Okay folks,

i had afterburner installed. But it was deactivated all the time. So i did not payed any attention to it.
Now i deinstalled it completely for testing purposes and could flight 2 times without any hassle. Seems, that i have found the issue (until now). I’ll have some further test filgts, until i can be sure about this.

So everyone who has maybe the MSI Afterburner installed, try to deinstall it. Maybe this will help you out.

1 Like

would like make a link :slight_smile: :

2 Likes

Third Flight over photogrammed City - absolutely stable. No crashes. I’m happy! :smiley:

1 Like

Just as an FYI, I apologize as my level of frustration with these errors has hit my boiling point.

Good luck everyone, I hope this gets resolved soon as I would like to be flying again but until something gets done I’m shelfing the sim.

MichaMMA sorry I called you out. Nothing personal, again just at level 9000 with frustration.

MechDonald, glad that seemed to work for you for now. I, as well as a lot of other simmers, don’t have Afterburner installed so while I’m glad this worked for you I have a feeling it’s just delaying the issue. Best of luck!

2 Likes

Thanks! I hope you can fly as well soon wihout errors! :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks @DracoRPG3979 … I thought so…

Trust me, we all are not happy about Issues and we all wrote from time to time bit more harder words / critism. I was just a bit shocked that you attacked me in this way, and I not known why me. Sometime the hints are helpfull and users are happy that there is/was a user that have some solutions/posts in mind.
Alteranative: waiting that the ZenDesk ticket can be analysed by a developer.
But also for some kind of issues the developers can never find the reason, this can only do a community like this here. As example the “MSI Afterburner” issue. Therefore we ask about things and try to give hints. Often are solutions found in PN threads and we post then only the ( e.g. als in case with @MechDonald ).
Of course, we not find for each case a solution/workaround and of course there is also allways a chance for in-game Bug.

And why I do that ?
not because I have a Job by one of these companies, or get goodies, or something else. I do it because I like to help in this way… ( don’t know what I should say :wink: ).

I realy hope that you can find in a thread a possible fix/workaround/… for the issue ( and share it then to help others ). Otherwise we must hope for next release ( which would be, for me, the worst case ).

5 Likes