Crash to desktop without error message

I tried again with full manual Pagefile.
16GB + 16GB = 32GB total pagefile on disk (SSD)

This time I got lower memory usage when flying return London City <> Heathrow 1000~2000ft with 28GB pagefile. I also got better framerates.
Then I made a super low pass 200ft over the Thames river and this is where hell broke loose but the game did not crash. Framerate tanked, the memory usage spiked up to 39GB pagefile, the actual physical memory usage went down from 10GB to 7GB. But no CTD.

As I climbed out, half the city graphics went blurry as the game apparently couldn’t load any new data.
It took about a minute for the game to clean up the graphics and recover. I finished the flight uneventfully.

Thank you for your help.
I agree the memory usage should be the game’s responsibility. Especially for a game with highly dynamic RAM usage like MSFS. At this point, it’s not just an optimisation issue. It’s plainly taking huge quantities of memory without checking the memory budget.

I’m going to have a look at RAM prices to see if I get increase my computer’s RAM. This should help the situation and reduce the game’s reliance on dumping data to virtual memory on my SSDs.

2 Likes