Crash to desktop without error message

It’s vodafone. No problems at all with my internet connection so far.

also be aware about special VR category vr

yes… seems the network relevant setttings are still an issue ( possible depends on region,servers,providers,etc.)

See recommendations for “since 1.12.13.0” ( e.g. see ) .

I know, I repeat me about 100times… but, have you checked your window virtaul memory settings and possible set is to recommended settings for users with less than 32GIG RAM ? ( see also the since 1.12.13.0 link and follow it )

OMG :laughing:

North Europe… used to be rather stable, but I’ve seen random CTDs since the December update.

Why? It has nothing to do with FS2020. And my internet connection is always flawless. :man_shrugging:

no good experiances with this provider :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear. For me: over 12 years now without any problems so far. Vodafone were very accommodating to me once. :slight_smile:

1 Like

so… there is definitly an issue with the menu-fps, but currently can’t realy find the trigger for that… I get sometime 10fps in menu. I guess its somewhat with the content / market place ( the images which are loaded ) , but don’t know…
Currently I checking UK… the performance with same setting as before is, as expected, much lower ( more details, less fps ) and also memory consumption in cities like London is huge ( seen up to 30Gig and commited near 40 ). Outside of cities RAM usage is around 16GIG / >20 commited.

But at least for me… stilll no CTD… also not after some hours in-flight.

Can you check you windows virtual memory setting ?.. possible make a screenshot of what the current dialog show you ?

The sim itself runs fine. No stuttering at all. Just the menu stutters. But not always. Sometimes it runs smooth.

I don’t have changed settings in virtual memory. It’s on Auto. I don’t plan to change something within the system/windows memory settings, if i do not know what i am actually doing. And why should i? The game was fine until the latest update. So it should run just before.
The developer can’t expect the player to change system settings just to run this particular game.

1 Like

the possible I missunderstood that you asking for hints about your CTD :thinking:
( the menu fps is here only a second thing, normaly for another thread )

Thus last comment about…

The sim consume a high amount of memory, as mentioned. If your windows virtual memory settings is not fine, then you run into issues. Therefore I asked whether you can check what these dialog depict for “numbers”.

I also read now that you wrote your PC reboot. This points more to an issue with your system / setting / drivers / hardware.

So i don’t know what i should type in there. So i leave it as it is. Never change a running system. So i do. And my system runs very fine. The only program that causes CTDs is FS2020. And also only after the last update. What do think? What is more likely: My system or the update causes crashes?
And i am not the only one who has CTDs only since the last update.

I have 32 GB RAM. The official recommended memory by the developers is 16 GB. It hasn’t changed with the update. I have double the ammount - that should be enough.

But i can test the memory setting for a quick test-run. So what should i enter in the memory settings and where exactly?

That was once. The other 1* times i tried, it just hangs up and i had to close it.

I asked only what the current setting (dialog) show you for numbers :slight_smile:

You need also with 32GIG RAM a “good amount” of these pagefile, because this is used, all of it and by some users works the “system managed” not as expected.
That was what I want to see within the dialog ( the numbers below in it ). It is simple to ensure that you not have an issue from this side.

For a test-case I would recommend at least a Maximal-Value 20GIG (or better more,e g. same as your amount of RAM).

( also check free space on disc )

PS. the general discussion about “how it should be” I will no longer do in this thread… simple searching for solutions/workarounds that users can play. You can of course also ignore the hints, open a ZenDesk-Ticket, and wait… a long time :wink:

And here is an example image about possible memory usage:

grafik

Did you mean this dialog?

I had a session wihtout a crash just now! But why? :thinking:

In the main menu my memory is like this:

and during flight:

Without any crash this time. :slight_smile:

Yes, set up your VM as mine.
You may not want to go as high as I did.
I went 4 times the ram amount in MB
A lot of folks just go 3 x which is 48000 instead of the 64000 I went.
I have had no ill effects from going that large, and the sim is very stable.

yes, this dialog…

I assume, depend on where you fly ( e.g try London :wink: ) , this amount is not enough. I recommend to made a manual setting as former mentioned ( max 32 GIG should more a as enough, set Minimum to e.g 4Gig ).

Can you tell how much space is left on your hard drive ?

If this not helps, might be there are also the network relevant settings relevant. But step by step.

Note: in former release I had say’d you not need to aware of pagefile in case 32GIG RAM. But lot of user-reports since 1.13.16.0 relativate this a bit.

Hi,

3x is bit to much in case you own 32GIG RAM. These “3x” was very old rules and mostly these one for which the “system managed” is alllowed to increase maximal the pagefile.

Here is one of the rule ( not 100% whether up2date )

Maximum page file size : 3 × RAM or 4 GB, whichever is larger. This is then limited to the volume size ÷ 8. However, it can grow to within 1 GB of free space on the volume if required for crash dump settings.

Important is that this rule is aware of harddisc space.

Yes thanks, I’ve seen those recommendations.
I’ve also seen those that say otherwise.
I will say that I have had absolutely no issues running with these settings.
The sim, even on my low end PC, runs silky smooth on mostly Ultra and a few High settings.

A few others in here also had significant performance increases by setting the same limits (I’m not sure why though)

Other than if you are size restricted, or if you make it too small or too large, is there an issue?

1 Like

It’s not wrong, only bit much Max value. I own 64GIG RAM and my pagefile is not used. So I assume you not need a MAX higher than my current amount of RAM :slight_smile:

Also don’t forget… The users need this amount of GigaBytes as free space on disc. You reserve at least 24G RAM and so you ensure that allways this amount (24) of memory exist. Buts not ensure that more exist, because disc can be full.
Possible best would be that users set Min/Max same… this was in old trick for HDDs to avoid defrag, and here we ensure the existence of memory.

1 Like

Thanks Micha, I have a larger SSD, so I am not size restricted.
There is always so much to learn!!!

1 Like

Good evening
during a flight between lfbd and lfrs I have a ctd for no apparent reason and I notice that the sound cuts, that the graphics card does not run any more briefly back to the office