Crash to desktop without error message

So I think I fixed it!

I did 5 flights yesterday back to back and the sim didn’t crash once

So I’ve turned off all AI traffic and multiplayer and I went on the FSUIPC7 configure that people were talking about and I put ProvideAIData=No under the general section and that has seemed to fix it! I use IVAO and thankfully I can still see planes of the IVAO users which to be fair makes it more realistic and I’m very happy with how it turned out, I was worried I wouldn’t be able to see a single plane

Really frustrating now. My Zendesk-Ticket was answered (and closed) two days later, but only with standard-Instructions that don´t solve the problem. My Rolling Cache is set to off, the Community Folder is empty, AI Traffic is off, FSUIPC deinstalled etc. - Result: CTD again and again some Minutes after starting (ie when switching ATC).

Please fix this obvious core Problem. PLEASE!!

My MSFS Installation was extremely stable before this version, my system is high end (i9-9900k, 64 GB Ram, GTX 2080Ti 11 GB, SSD´s, 100MBit Internet, not overclocked).

MODERATOR EDIT: Removed ping to Asobo.
Please do not ping team members to bring attention to an issue or bug.

If you’d like, try leaving them on, but turning on the option to use generic plane models instead. It may be preferable to turning off all other traffic entirely.

already tried ?

( follow the link )

In special because you wrote:

I repeat it often and now again… seems necessary.

For users which got CTD mainly SINCE 1.12.13.0

PLEASE have a Look at these Forum-Thread:

This is facts!!! I agree with this post!!!

thanks for that usefull hint for users which are affected from CTDs…

Thanx for the hint, just checked out some shorts flights without azure and any traffic (online, AI and Player), so far for the moment without ctd´s :+1: I will continue to try and report my experiences :eyes:

Hopefully Asobo gets the problem fixed soon - I really want to let the “trial and error time” behind me (greetings from fsx :tired_face:)

1 Like

Thought I had my issue fixed but apparently not. Started having issues again last night, and did a quick test this morning. Got these errors from the event viewer:

Fault bucket 2034306805620957227, type 5
Event Name: BEX64
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0
Problem signature:
P1: FlightSimulator.exe
P2: 1.12.13.0
P3: 5fda3fe4
P4: StackHash_1e37
P5: 0.0.0.0
P6: 00000000
P7: PCH_17_FROM_unknown+0x0000000000000000
P8: c0000005
P9: 0000000000000008
P10:
Attached files:
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7BA3.tmp.dmp
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7C50.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7C71.tmp.xml
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7C7E.tmp.csv
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7CBE.tmp.txt
These files may be available here:
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_FlightSimulator._f0f0597a5a5d5049ddd3d7af9b863a437c78244_b7671b01_4e6848d1-a1d1-4ad5-9fd5-807a71156619
Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 336dc276-533b-4f0e-b42a-8840dacb2a23
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: 483dc946ba96ff66cc3b4f42f132602b
Cab Guid: 0

And this:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.12.13.0, time stamp: 0x5fda3fe4
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00007ff6a4736480
Faulting process id: 0x3508
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6e4f594dc61be
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 336dc276-533b-4f0e-b42a-8840dacb2a23
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Crashes are now incredibly random. Usualy it’s when loading (clicking “Play” on Steam), but a couple of times last night I did get lucky and load into the sim, only for it to randomly crash and different spots. Once when loading into the airport (froze during load).

So I finally got into the sim… loaded up at Pittsburgh (KPIT) and this is is where I’m at FPS-wise… turned off AI traffic with no improvement at all (but I had tried turning it off in the settings page prior to loading with no difference in CTDs…) Also I have no add-ons at all at this time (removed them all from community folder) aside from FSUIPC7… and all of my flight sim equipment (yoke, rudder pedals, etc…) are unplugged and not in use…

i can relate
random cdt normally when loading but sometimes loads and can get to fly occasionally but will always cdt
ive had enough of trying different things…so im awaiting a fix from asobo

I agree but it’s frustrating when I had no crashes on release and since November have had constant crashes. So I’m just not sure anymore what the reason is… it just seems to be getting worse instead of better…

You know that Live traffic is also available, right? It simulates the actual air traffic in the area instead of just random flights.

Yes, I use nothing but live traffic, and this works for me. I just remembered I should elaborate.

In the same way that LNM doesn’t distinguish between AI/Live traffic, I think the AI option applies to Live traffic also, and forces them to use generic models. I guess it’s also possible that this option is enforced, as what could you do if you had it off, and you didn’t have a model for that particular live traffic, which is highly likely given how many aircraft types there must be in the real world.

Actually, I just spotted this:

According to Flightaware this aircraft really is a 787-10, hence it would show the correct model as I have that installed.

Wheras, this one is using a generic plane model.

It’s actually an Airbus A321, which I don’t have, so appears as generic. For this aircraft, whether I have the AI option on or not, it would be displayed as a “generic” two engine airliner.

2 Likes

FSUIPC has created some issues since the last patch. Has to do with communication with SimConnect. Either disable it or add ProvideAIData=No to the GENERAL section of the cfg. Try again and please report back.

Couple of things to consider, for those that are getting CTD after updates…
MSFS is VERY system intensive. More so than any other title released to date. It has been mentioned a number of times that there is not a commercially available system out there that can run this sim with all features enabled on the highest settings. This IS the norm with flight sims and their release has always been the catalyst for hardware developers to push back the speed barriers.

Every update to MSFS has added new features, as planned from the start. Take a look at the development roadmap. As features are added the stress put on the various components of your system is increased. We have already seen some of the rigs at the lower end of the min requirements fail to run the sim. As more is added, that is going to keep pushing our systems closer to their stable limits. Obviously, the onus inevitably falls to MS/A to optimize the code and get things cleaned up. At the same time we have to maintain the stability of the system it runs on.

What it takes to maintain stability will vary with every system. Some will need to boost their available memory, increasing virtual memory. Some will need to find ways to reduce the load by dialing back a few things. Others may need to make adjustments to reduce network strain. Not all Service Providers are created equal and the stability of their servers can have an effect on the sim. How many times have you seen posts where users have lost server connection?

These are just a few of the causal factors. Adding features increases load. At the same time, updates are also changing the code in an effort to optimize, repair or accomodate those new features. This will inevitably lead to occasional conflicts with code written to communicate with the previous versions. By ensuring we are not causing the crashes by stressing our hardware and eliminating other possible external influences we can help MS/A narrow their focus on the code issues.

We keep getting posts from users insisting that all the problems are at Asobo’s end and those on this forum putting forward user fixes and workarounds are wasting everybody’s time. Please try to keep an open mind and recognize that with this many moving parts everyone is going to have a different experience and the causes of the failures are going to vary greatly. As we work through each user’s troubles we learn new things and find varying ways to solve the problem. Rest assured that MANY forum members have come here with game-breaking problems, ranting about how Asobo sold them a broken sim, only to have some “spamming”, “finger-pointing” “fanboy” give them a solution and they go happily flying.

An open mind, a little patience and some trial and error has put a whack of members of this community back in the air. Sometimes it is user error. Sometimes, system error. Occasionally it’s a legitimate bug, sometimes without a workaround. But to just wait for Asobo to “Fix the code” could be a really long wait.

Let’s keep “working the problem, people”.

1 Like

Finally an attemp for a full flight, without any traffic nor Azur, generic models, empty community folder => 5 Minutes in the air, some stutters, and then CTD. :scream:
Asobo, please take over, its your code :robot:

Same issues unfortunately. And I should be a lot higher then the min specs:
Ryzen 7 2700x, 32GB DDR4 @ 2800mhz, 1060GTX 6GB, TUF X570 plus, 500GB WD black 750 nvme, 1TB Samsung SSD.

Somtimes it loads, sometimes it doesn’t. I haven’t tried a long flight yet to see how it does but on the weekend I may attempt it. Just short “touch and go” and VFR stuff at KAGC or KPIT.

This is an example of where I would start troubleshooting at the network tree.
Start by rebooting your router. Then do a COLD restart of your computer.
Then try…

• Azure off - use windows offline
  • Live Traffic Off
  • Live Weather Off
  • Multiplayer Traffic Off

Generally I am seeing a lot of the intermittent fails seem to be network related. Could be a dozen reasons. Most likely is local server traffic, provider bandwidth throttling. Just a hunch.

Give it a shot and report back .

Just out of curiosity…
What sound drivers are you running?

Realtek 6.0.1.8557 (win10 says the newest version), can´t imagine that this causes the ctd´s. There are dropping more ctd-topics in this forum, ist remains exciting (and annoying)