Crash to desktop without error message

because in many cases the issue is at the users system and there is no general known issue about that.

If you own 32gig RAM, then you have to give us, the community, more informations that we can disuss your special issue.
( I assume you read former posts, eg. about well know issues for SOME , means not all, users since 1.12.13.0 )

Otherwise you can former check the existing FAQ:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015893879-How-to-troubleshoot-crashes-CTDs

1 Like

And how many of those 2422 replies are…

• Users assisting those with CTD issues?
  • Back and forth communication between those two groups?
  • Users responding with positive results to the troubleshooting?
  • Unique user posts?
  • Off topic replies? ( like these last 4 or 5 )

Rather than trying to be inflammatory, If you are experiencing an issue and would like some assistance trying to find out if it is a system caused issue or an actual bug, then please provide some details on your system and the CTD you are experiencing. There are a number of proven fixes, not workarounds, fixes, that may eliminate your problem. The alternative would be to read through the posts above and you may find your solution there.

1 Like

I’ve already said I don’t have any mods or anything that uses SimConnect.

And I’m not being inflammatory, I, like many others am frustrated that my £90 sim (regardless of version) has breaking issues. I’ve been through the troubleshooting multiple times (hence why I’m running an entirely vanilla OS and install of the sim).

Also how many of those (now) 2427 posts are Asobo or Microsoft communicating with the community?

1 Like

still waiting for informations… usefull informations…

But, we are helper community and thus I add another question:

• how is your windows virtual memory setting ?

To be fair, a lot of forums are run like this. We engage with Community Managers, not programmers. They pass on our concerns, and they feed responses back to us via the usual update methods.

1 Like

No network stuff running? Live Traffic and Multiplayer Traffic are off?

Further to my last update, I have rolled back my Nvidia drivers back to December, still the CTD exists.

Crashes to desktop have started happening to me the last couple of days. All I can think is different on my setup recently is installing addons linker from flightsim.to which places the additional content in the community folder as shortcuts.

Going to try removing this and adding them in as normal to see if it helps with resolving the issue.

Possible, but more likely it is related to one of the addons itself.

Adding to the CTD discussion:

Rig is:

• AMD 5600x
  • 32GB 3200 Corsair RAM
  • RTX3090
  • Open Loop Watercooling
  • Windows and FS installed on PCIe m.2
  • Gigabit Fibre Internet (Wired connection to PC)
  • Single Monitor

This is a newly built machine with clean windows install and minimal ■■■■ is installed. Machine runs cool and stable in Memtest and 3DMark stress tests (Port Royal for 24hrs), Prime95 for multiple hours with no errors) and CPU and GPU temps do not exceed 60c (Prime95 gets CPU to stabilise at about 68c but that is extreme CPU loading). I have been monitoring these and there are no spikes etc. Flight Sim puts less load on my system than Fallout4VR which runs stably (which is rare given how buggy that game is) for many many hours. All Flightsim testing recently has been in 2d and VR headset is disconnected from the machine.

Since the last patch and/or installing the Premium Deluxe upgrade, I get consistent CTDs either at 10-20minutes into the flight or at a random point often near the end of a flight/getting close to an airport. I have tested flights all over the planet, flights are long as I’ve been trying to get the Saddle Sore achievement, but the most I’ve managed is 5.5hrs. I had no issues and only crashes related to known issues like the VFR map prior to the latest patch. With over 100hrs flying time and most of that on the new machine.

I got the Premium Deluxe upgrade recently and crashes have started since that or the last patch, I don’t know for certain which. So I am raising as a potential point of differential between those having issues and those who are insisting that it is system based.

I have no mods, and an empty community folder, I have not had any mods installed at any point. No Simconnect or FSUIPC type stuff ever installed used etc. I repeat, no mods used, ever! All Flight Sim content is installed from content manager and updated.

I have tried, in a controlled manner changing one element at a time:

• Changing graphics settings up and down.

• AI Offline, Live Traffic and Off

• Multiplayer On and Off

• Live Weather or preset

• Live time or preset

• Turning ATC sound off (no Text to speech)

• Clearing rolling cache, and no rolling cache

• Different planes (all props for this but both vanilla and deluxe)

• Underclocking memory and turning XMP off.

• Turning off afterburner or any other OC and running at “stock”

• Ensuring all drivers etc are up to date

• Windows integrity tests sfc/DISM etc

• Disabling the Nvidia Audio Driver

• Windows Update (all applied)

• Disabling Windows Defender (only AV used)

• IPv6 is OFF

• Resetting Router

• Clean install of .NET and C Redist libraries

• DDU uninstall of Graphics drivers and clean install, running 461.09

• Manually configuring SWAP or setting system control( Noting RAM usage rarely goes above 16GB anyway)

None of the above has resulted in a reduction in CTDs.

Most of my CTDs are reported with the VCRUNTIME140.dll
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fda32ba
Faulting module name: VCRUNTIME140.dll, version

Some are just Flightsimulator.exe

Those I catch are often proceeded with the sound stutter.

Reading through the threads on the forums it is clear that people are trying to help but there is something that has been introduced in recent patches that is causing issues.

1 Like

I’ve not fully tested…but use to get random cdt whilst loading or mostly title screen and if I was lucky I could get a few min VR flight until a CDT
after trying everything suggested to no avail, I was testing stability using prime95. Using a blend test i noticed that workers 4,5,11,12 failed straight away. I used ryzen master and downclocked my r5 3600 from 4.2 boost to 4.0ghz. I then re run prime95 and all workers seemed to run until I stopped after a 10min test. I then tried msfs, loaded a flight up…took off in a 152 and left in the air whilst i popped out to shops…came back and all still good. I then setup a flight from Gatwick to Heathrow and flew a VR flight and landed Heathrow after a smoothish experience for around 25mins.
I’m not sure if a CDT will happen again until more testing, but also this is the most success I’ve had. Gutted that I’ve had to reduce clock boost, and not sure if my cpu is at fault or not

I have I7 7800 8Gb ram Nvidia GTX1060 4Gb. Just about 2 weeks ago I could run the game perfectly in Ultra settings, no lag no CTD’s.
The problem I had was just the controls with flightstick.
But when the game last updated i have tried 2 different flight scenarios.
Over Madagaskar with clear weather and Live weather (with a huge storm today about 16:00 CET. Worked perfectly. (well it have a huge lag)
A flight from Arlanda 19:30 CET with flight time about 9am in the morning. I high altitude it was lagging and when I dive to about 1000 feet just entering Stockholm the game goes CTD. No fault codes or similar.
So there is something wrong with the last update.
I have an old Laptop so I guess the Graphic memory is the issue here for everyone.

Anyone can relate to this?

Sorry my English is terrible but I hope you understand anyway

what is your window virtual memory setting ?

You need overall at least 32Gig of memory.

Otherwise scroll some post back where you find a link to a topic like “since 1.12.13.0”…

and a more generaly:

ULTRA Setting seems “a bit” to much for your system specs :wink:

Well Yes it seems like the spec is to low.
And sorry, of course i have 6Gb graphic ram
22841 Mb Virtual memory.

I tried it since 23 december until the update and it worked out perfectly.
I don’t get it how it can work so perfect even if i Don’t have a perfect laptop. :slight_smile:

No I have half of the settings on Ultra and rest in High. Not so good… Bad fps. I use to go in 60Hz in 30HZ it was awful so i changed back.

I will look for others with the same problems. But everyone seems to have High end stuff to play games with. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your answer.

possible increase virtual memory a bit because you have only 8GB RAM installed. Set it like 10Gig MIN and 30 GiG MAX.

If you former not had any CTD then is here the post which I former meant:

Ah… and I forgot:

I’am sure you have an entry within the Windows Event Viewer.

2 Likes

Hi
SInce last CTD in USA , i’ve been flying all over the world with turboprops and bizjets and its everything ok, no CTD at all. Nice.
Now , i can’t fly in USA. Only there. CTD all the times after 52 minutes flying. No matter here it is in USA or what route or airplane i choose , CTD after 52 minutes.
Very strange.
On the several flights i did i didn’t use any free addons or payware, just the MSFS 2020 itself.
AI Traffic always on. If i can fly outside USA whith my settings on ULTRA and AI Traffic offline ON, why not in USA ?
Outside USA i fly with some payware and free mods and sceneries, i use Simtoolkitpro too and no issues at all.
Any sugestions or is a MSFS bug ?
Thanks

Im suffering from ctd’s and I dont have any entry about microsoft flight simulator so some ctd’s leaves no trace behind.

It is most certainly a bug but a few people on here are adamant it’s a local system issue. :thinking:

I’m willing to pay someone £100’s to stop my machine from crashing mid flight yet no one wishes to take me up on my offer.

1 Like

The ultimate test for me at 8PM on the Hong Kong fly along…I like that!

I’ve been flying with generic plane models off without issue when alone, or with regular amounts user/live traffic, but on for the larger group flights only. Tonight I’ll risk it, and hopefully no crashes.

EDIT: No crashes during the group flight, and all custom liveries on other planes seemed to be working. Really happy, and relieved about that.

you mean you have CTD since the USA update or since 1.12.13.0 only within the USA or still since ever in USA ?

We need more informations from other users to confirm that the CTDs only happens if they fly over the USA…

In each case you should mention your analyse within the ZenDesk Ticket which you hopefully already created.