Crash to desktop without error message

you checked this one here ?

yes, already, thousand times.

it just unusual that a CTD happens and there is no entry within the windows event log. Therefore I would simple sure that we mean same :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good evening! While browsing CTD-related posts, I would like to report an issue with randomly throwing the game to the desktop. I always check the windows logs what is the problem and the most common error is:
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.12.13.0, time stamp: 0x5fda3fe4
Faulting module name: d3d11.dll, version: 10.0.19041.746, time stamp: 0xfc177b9d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Error offset: 0x000000000012e980
Faulting process id: 0x9cc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6f0f9e9936422
Faulting application path: F: \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ MicrosoftFlightSimulator \ FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C: \ WINDOWS \ SYSTEM32 \ d3d11.dll
Report ID: 8c658f10-c9ab-4744-b4ef-0ea2b0d281a2

I would like to point out that I did all the possible options (I removed all the add-ons, the simulator is on a standard installation, removing the add-ons did not help, so I reinstalled the entire simulator from the very beginning). The installed simulator with no add-ons also resulted in a CTD with d3d11.dll error.
Graphics card drivers clean reinstalled. All other drivers are also up to date as well as the bios for the motherboard.
The equipment I have: I7 10700k, 64GB RAM DDR4, RTX3080, MFS installed on a 1TB Samsung 860 NVme drive, 1000W BeQuiet Dark Pro P11 power supply. Equipment without any overclocking, all on standard settings.
I also used forum help, for example disabling LiveTraffic or changing the text-to-speech setting from Azure to Offline Windows, and that didn’t help either.
Dear users, do you have any other suggestions on how to deal with this?
Thanks in advance for your answers and help.
greetings

Submit a Zendesk ticket with the above log. The more data Asobo and MS have then hopefully they can help with CTD and stability issues for everyone :wink:

Sorry for the stupid question, if I could have a contact information where to send the log information?

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

1 Like

I’ve been having random CTD, but I got 2 in a row right now, the log shows:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fda32ba
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fda32ba
Fault offset: 0x0000000001a5d111
Faulting process id: 0x4b4c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6f1316550b051
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 6d941dac-84dd-4af1-863b-9d3d03921938
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

any thoughts

Hi…

these error is bit special and thats good :slight_smile:

It points normaly to a graphicscard issue, which can be lot of things.
In special with these nvidia 3080 series you should try out older drivers, eg. 457.xx ( there are threads like these , where issues about discussed : NEW Nvidia Drivers: GeForce WHQL 516.94 - Nvidia has issued a security warning for it's GPU drivers on 4/8/2022) )
Then it can be of course also an issue with the hardware itself , overheating, etc.
Can you have a look at the GPU temperatur… how is cooling/airflow of pc-case in generaly ?

And a note about “disabling LiveTraffic”: CTD because of this have normaly not the “d3d11.dll” as faulty module.

with or without LiveTraffic ? ( and other mentioned settings in “since 1.12.13.0” post ) :slight_smile:

Live traffic is on, but CTD are really random and from 8 flights 1 crashes

yes… this is what users reported in case of network-relevant-settings-CTD :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi
Yes , my CTD in USA are since the update 1.12.13.0 and is within USA only.
For example : flight from KTIW to CYLW , i can’t do it. CTD after 50-52 min in flight.
This goes for every flight in USA. After 52 min CTD.
The rest of the world is ok.
I send ticket to Zendesk , the several advice i got i’ve done as recommended and nothing.
They say can be a sistem issue , mods outdated among other issues.
I don’t have mods outdated and is not a sistem issue. My PC is brand new , 5 months old.

the USA update increased the details, map-grid, etc… “Ultra” is not allways the “same thing” , its not a reference value like a exact value. Thus possible you system have an issue with the resulting higher system load in this area.

But… in case the ctd happens allways at same position, there can also be a map issue.

CTD can happen in different location no matter where in USA. All the flights i did in USA no matter where , after 52 minutes flight CTD.
Is very Strange.
Yes maybe the map , i really don’t know.
I just sent a 3 ticket to Zendesk to see if they can help again.
Anyway i’ve been fly in Europe, Australia and Africa and enjoying quite a lot.
USA i’ve been flying with my P3D v5.
What canb i do ??? sad…

try to lower the settings a bit… “since USA” smells a bit that your system can not handle the new level of details. But of course, we can not sure about :slight_smile:

In Europe like London , Paris and other heavy sceneries i don’t have issues when i run with my settings on Ultra.
But yes i will give a try again lower my settings a little more.

Thanks.

I believe I have found a workaround for CTDs when using Offline AI traffic. See post below:

Workaround for CTDs when using Offline AI Traffic - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Cheers

OK. After some testing today, it remains inconclusive for me whether fixing the AI traffic BGL entries has stopped my CTD problem. Before implementing this “fix” the sim would CTD 95% of the time when I had AI traffic enabled. Here’s how it went after changing the traffic BGL:
Completed 3 flights in the C172, 2 flights of about 45mins, 1 short 15 min flight.

• No CTD :+1:
  • Improved performance (less stuttering) :thinking:

Then did 2 flights in the King Air, about about 1 hour long each.

• No CTD during flight, stuttering returns (I think stuttering has something to do with Glass Panel avionics)
  • when I clicked Return to Menu, the sim CTD. Both flights.

I’m going to keep flying round with the same settings to see if I can replicate any CTD’s, but if I can complete entire flights with the sim only CTD when I click return to menu I’ll take that over mid-flight CTD’s anyday!

Hi,
Finally i did the flight from KTIW to CYLW.
I read the topics you send me (MichaMMA) plus another one from Zensdesk ticket support.
So , i drop my settings from ULTRA to HIGH and switch the AITraffic from AI Offline to AI Online.
Terrible but for now works.
From Zendesk i switch off my Scenery cache and delete the respective file from MSFS 2020.
I did this change trough the DATA Menu on Options Menu off MSFS2020 .
Now i will try the flight back in ULTRA and AI Traffic Offline.
I want to check if it was the Scenery Cache issue or if it is my settings.
Later will try another flights in USA that i couldn’t do before .

Another weekend, another long haul flight, another CTD.

I may be on to something though; for this flight, I flew in lower cockpit view as much as I could. During taxi and take off, I was obviously looking through the windows, but as soon as I could fly without looking out the windows (climb and cruise) I switched to the lower cockpit view.

Using this view, I got further than I ever have before, all the way from EGLL (Heathrow) to approx. 200 miles from KATL (Atlanta). I then started my descent into Atlanta and of course had to use the autopilot, so switched to the upper cockpit view.

5-10 minutes later using this view, the sim CTD’d with the below error. A different error this time, but the same exception code as always.

Does this point to something that might be rendering in, out of the cockpit windows?

I get this issue globally, not just in the US. I get it when flying across Europe too.

I am willing to offer someone £100+ if they fix this error for me.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fda32ba
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fda32ba
Fault offset: 0x0000000001980184
Faulting process ID: 0x4b8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6f248a4c5fb2e
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: 01e9e503-6f53-4fa3-b394-e51975f3b6ad
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App