Crash to desktop without error message

therefore allways only one change for testing :rofl: … I hope in someday the sdk is hard enough to catch errors in or caused from mods. But, its like in other games: the mod sdk needs a while to grow.

PS.: yes… these stutters… gone behind the airport, but within a circle around the airport it was ‘omg’…

This latest update is by far the worst for my system. CTD’s now happening consistently without
any addons in the community folder. I had no crashes for the first months, then started getting more with each update and now I can’t really complete any flight over an hour. The sim is getting prettier which is nice but at what cost when you can’t enjoy it.

Processor Intel(R) Core™ i7-9700KF CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
BaseBoard Product Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S/ac
Zotac GTX2070 Super

another note, also if bit of topic :relaxed::

disable that you see the other players will solve it for me as a workaround ( set it to “Group members Only” , normaly I use “Live-Players” )

Yes I agree. My dedicated PC spec is way above what should be needed i9, RTX 3080, 64Gb Ram, M2 SSD with only FS 2020 installed. The settings default to high and ultra for just about everything. Now I am getting more CTD’s than ever and usually after about an hour or if I change the flight plan en route. First warning is a stutter, a freeze and then it just switches off. Any sort of warning would be nice.
I will out of frustration dial everything down to medium and turn off live weather and all traffic just to find out what could be causing it.
It shouldn’t be necessary to spend so much time trying to get it to run and I havent even tried my VR yet.
Some people say it has never happened to them…?

I’m starting to have CTDs again with this update sometimes while landing at LECU. I’m still looking if maybe is something wrong with my computer or a windows update or what, but it’s really anoying that 2/4 WU that Asobo releases causes huge stability issues without me doing nothing else than installing the WU.

I just had my first crash with the new update. The typical “0xc0000005” one.

2 Likes

Welcome to the CTD club. Your life will now change forever as you try every suggestion and nothing works !

6 Likes

If you look through this thread you’ll see I’ve reported quite a few. This error is particularly bad as there isn’t a lot we can do about it. It’s not a piece of software you can update or uninstall. The sim is attempting to do something it’s not supposed to do.

Oh…I thought you were lucky enough to only have 1 CTD…
I am amazed at the lengths some people go to , even re installing windows 10 and spending hours starting from scratch. The reason I find this batch of crashes so frustrating is that before the big updates I was running OK on a much lower Spec PC and it prompted me to upgrade big time.

3 Likes

Lol that’s so true, I remember a time when I’d do a flight per day for more than 6 months. It was so much fun. But that was up until 3 weeks ago. Ever since the CTDs began, my sim life has changed forever indeed.

edit: thought I’d give it a try with the latest AMD DHC drivers (search for AMD Radeon Software - UWP - v27.20.21001.7005) but didn’t have much luck, still got a CTD in the main menu every single time I loaded MSFS. Back to the standard drivers I guess.

1 Like

Another Day another Problem. Saturday AM a further 1 GB update notified through Windows Store. Downloaded then locked up then a crash to BSOD ( Blue Screen of Death ).
Message Windows is trying to gather information to start Windows.
Anyone know what that small update is for ?

That would be the latest hotfix 1.15.8

It obviously doesn’t address CTDs in general, just the WASM issue.

I had two crashes with the same condition (no error, straight to desktop) using the Carenado Mooney yesterday, as well - both on the same route (KPDK - KMKY)

I’m really hopeful it’s related to the aircraft and not a new failure in the base sim.

1 Like

Today I turned off live Weather, AI traffic, emptied community folder, reset everything to low in graphics , deleted rolling cache with a; i9, 64GB Ram, RTX 3080, SSD etc.
I was able to follow a VOR detailed flight plan from EGNH to Paris Orly using the Just Flight Arrow set it on GPS auto pilot with altitude hold.
Left it alone and came back to land it and refill tanks.
Return Journey GPS direct to Blackpool then after 30 minutes increased clouds to Ultra , selected real weather and left everything else on low in graphics.
After another 30 minutes changed to AI traffic. Within 10 minutes a stutter , a freeze and the now expected CTD.
I suppose I should now conclude that AI traffic is causing it but know it could be anything.
Hope this helps

Completed half a dozen touch, and go landings at Paderborn. Crash on taxi to active just as I was about to leave that location:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60783c14
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60783c14
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000016df8a
Faulting process ID: 0x1020
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7339dd42859bc
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: 7f10ca91-6d4a-4284-be5c-ffc9dc46b809
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

I’m losing the will to live :frowning:

3 Likes

I cant play anymore, there are certain airports where i get CTD as soon as i start the flight. Im not sure if i keep playing on the airports where i dont get CTD would eventually crash if i proceed. As i read in the forum, i understand that reinstalling the game doesn’t work (not even worth trying) Did Microsoft even addressed these issues?

1 Like

Interesting- were you flying straight and level or were you changing configuration of the aircraft? For me, both events were inside the virtual cockpit of the Mooney configuring for the approach by changing flap/gear/trim/propeller pitch.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60783c14
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60783c14
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001c16c08
Faulting process id: 0xc78
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7341181afe94a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 5f20a5c3-1a5c-4884-9063-c9419686e07a
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

I was having CTD pretty much every session. Turned out that I had a defective stick of RAM, so RMA’d it and now no problems.

1 Like