Crash to desktop without error message

Maybe there is also another alert in Event viewer at the same time under “System” instead of “Application”, something about your graphics driver crashing?

disable your OC and then you will no longer see that your hardware fail because wrong overclocking. The message “d3d11.dll” message points in 99% of cases to a hardware fail.

depends its a stable OC and i had never issues ind DX11 games like farming sim or ets 2 no problems in 3dmark etc

allways the same… don’t ask in forum in case you not want hear an answer…

DISABLE CPU & GPU OVERCLOCKING

We advise against using overclocked systems to play Microsoft Flight Simulator. The increased >voltage causes overheating and can gradually damage your computer’s hardware (CPU, GPU, RAM, and motherboard).

If your system is overclocked:

1. Disable Intel Speedstep on your Bios overclock menu
  2. Lower or disable your CPU overclock values
  3. Disable GPU overlocking for your Microsoft Flight Simulator game profile on Radeon Software or Nvidia nTune (this applies to custom user overlock settings, not for factory overclock settings of the manufacturer)

Please refer to your manufacturer’s guidelines regarding how to disable or lower the overclocking speed of your CPU and GPU.

I played for 2 months with an RX 6800 XT @ 2700MHz and a Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.3GHz with 0 CTD.
We should not even note these remarks on the CTD would come from an OC, or anything else, which make EVERYTHING except MSFS feel guilty.

i tested withourt OC i lost a few fps but stable

2 Likes

Ok, CTD again after FPS drop to 10-15. Freeze and CTD

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.15.8.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x0000000001bdc602
Faulting process id: 0x2704
Faulting application start time: 0x01d73dcb7b3486e5
Faulting application path: M:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: M:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 21316957-2769-44c9-b6c4-3d66b70e8180
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I am aith R9 5950 with RTX3080 and this ■■■■■■■ CTD’s are happening.

please check your pagefile setting. In case you own 16GIG RAM set min:8 max: at least 20GIG ( better 32 ). In meanwhile some users with 32GIG report same issue. Please also try in this case a manual setting of min:8 max: e.g. 32GIG

UPD.: You can check out these thread in case you want get more info: Finally.....Solved CTD issues... for those of us with < 32 GB ram

1 Like

Mine is 32GB sir. Please guide me what to do.
Its at Limited by main thread all the time too.

increase pagefile as mentioned : Min Value : 8192 Max Value 32000

Example with images:

is in these thread Out of topic. There are other existing threads about :slight_smile:

Is there a definitive answer to does MSFS sends crash reports to MS.

I have heard such conflicting answers.

WTG says, yes it does.
Asobo says it something they will look into.

The fact that there is no Pop Up windows asking for permission to send in the report, (like other programs seem to have), would indicate to me that Crash Reports are currently NOT being sent in automatically to MS – because if they are, your PC is sending information to MS without your express permission, which opens a a whole set of Questions !!

As a reminder, please keep topics on-topic related to “crash to desktop without error message”. Thank you.

2 Likes

A crash handler has to be a seperate program from the sim. If a program crashes it can’t report itself because it’s already crashed.

There doesn’t seem to be a process that does this currently.

Really ? are you 100% sure about that ??

Yes it has to be a seperate process. A process that crashed can’t do anything.

If somebody dies the doctor has to declare him dead he can’t do it himself.

So help me understand … how do other Windows programs that CRASH, give an option to send in a crash report to MS, and why can’t MSFS do the same ?

But if some if feeling that they are about to die, they can call a lawyer to make out a will, before they pass away …

I don’t think the DOCTOR / CTD analogy works very well here …

It’s like this process:

https://www.file.net/process/googlecrashhandler.exe.html

It’s a separate program that reports back home crash reports.

So he hasn’t always got the time to call his lawyer, because the guy died too quickly. That’s why they make it a different process, this process monitors the main program.

Thanks - so it is POSSIBLE – then the question is WHY is it not being used for MSFS, ?

i agree, yet if the sim would come with better exception handling / crash prevention methods, we wouldn’t need a crash handler since they would be pretty rare anyway. at this current state the sim crashes due to a multitude of reasons (i mean, it even crashes when launching or in the main menu). oom’s can be cought, e.g. if the game sees memory get sparse it could get rid of multiplayer objects or reduce the visual fidelity just by itself and all of that even during while it is running. let alone the fact that the game is able to drop down from constant 45fps to 6fps and you cross your fingers wondering how far the next ctd might be away even though nothing on yout system is maxed out at all, but i guess that’s a different issue - the patient there is still somewhat alive, hahaha.

look at this shiat - cpu at 15%, gpu at 15% - and i’m at 8fps currently, hahaha - ctd incoming

1 Like