Crash to desktop without error message

Just turn of mp and ctd’s will be gone.

It’s not that simple. There are many sources of CTD’s.

1 Like

I never have used MP, still had screen freezes and CTDs, the screen freezes getting worse and worse. Just finished a reinstall, going to try and fly it tonight. If this ■■■■ continues, P3D may find itself another customer.

1 Like

I finally found out the source of a CTD, now i have an issue i have only 10 fps left after a while “limited by CoherentGTDraw” and while troubleshooting that i got another CTD with again completely different symptoms as the last one.

I love this sim but it’s making me crazy now, i’m only fixing isssues instead of flying.

I think it has nothing to do with the settings. I dropped frames from 60 to 30, all other settings from high to medium… no change… CTD after landing… poor, poor game…
Is there any statement of the developers of this game? Obviously this is an issue that affects many! And all well-intentioned advice obviously doesn’t help!

The safest thing to do in this sim is fly touch and goes at an airport. The worst thing that can happen, if you have a CTD, is you lose one landing. :wink:

New patch, new CTDs.

I had sorted out the CTDs after the previous updates by removing AI traffic. Now after the the latest patch today the CTDs are back.

Two flights flown in the new Seneca, one into Teteboro, on final approach and the sim pauses, sound stutters but it recovers and I am able to land. Second flight, in same plane, on final approach again this time into Cancun, same pause, stutter sound but this time it CTDs just like the old days.

This really is becoming weakening. It’s like a joke. Patch released to address some niche issue but screws up the old problem once again. You couldn’t make this up.

2 Likes

If you do that make sure you slow to below 15kts, otherwise the landing won’t count.

When I was doing touch, and goes to airports I have never been to, that spinning indicator which shows changes to you logbook never appeared until I slowed down to around 15kts.

Getting a bit tired of it now.Getting them a lot at the loading screen.Removed my Overclock still happening.

1 Like

I post here because it is the subject on which I participated the most on the CTD.
I do believe, that unfortunately we have to face the facts, that all these subjects that there are on this forum, on the CTDs, are only garage lanes, dead-end lanes, or even escape routes , for those who have reached their limit of patience in front of so many problems. Anyway, they are useless …

1 Like

Add one more CTD:

Blockquote
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6087d3ea
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6087d3ea
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000009f02a6
Faulting process id: 0x12cc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d741cd414a7acb
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.10.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.10.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 29dc86b0-f787-42e6-a706-496c0405089e
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.10.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

I’ve gotten about 6 in the last two days.

After reinstalling MSFS yesterday, I tired a flight today. I flew exactly 5 minutes and a CTD. I think I am done with MSFS, going to go back to P3D. It doesn’t look as good but at least I can complete a flight

Please remember that this thread is dedicated to CTD errors in the base simulator, with NO ADDS.
While I feel your pain, it is important that the failures occurring while using 3rd part aircraft, scenery, liveries and all other add-ons are discussed in the appropriate third party forums or threads.

The MSFS Team cannot solve bugs that involve those adds. The additional posts that result from those failures simply make finding common threads and root causes that the team can fix, impossible.

Feel better? Clear your confusion?

That’s always a good recommendation. However a good question would also be why can MSFS become so unstable when it comes to 3rd party addons, payware or not. Why do we have to proactively clean up the community folder after each hotfix/patch/major release? Ultimately this folder will fill up with tens of GBs or more, hundreds of folders and hundreds of thousands of files, because this is the nature of all flight sims.

Even with MSFS Addons Linker (which again is a 3rd party addon, as MS/Asobo don’t provide any such useful feature out of the box) it’s a pain to get through cleaning up and then reinstating the community folder checking each addon independently, unless the user creates profiles.

Shouldn’t MSFS become more robust at some point in the future with better exception handling and/or at least provide some debugging tool which will point out which addon(s) was it that caused the CTD? Hopefully it will.

1 Like

@Zeppos, I completely agree. Unfortunately we are currently at a place where the instabilities can not be narrowed down. Just like the basic engineering troubleshooting credo says, “reduce the variables, (keep it simple)”. Every add-on, no matter how small or stable or insignificant it may be, becomes a possible cause for a bug in the main program. Maybe it is something in the addon code that does not play well with another addon and that creates a conflict that crashes the sim.

I would love to have every user that is experiencing CTD events pack up their systems and we’ll meet in some Vegas convention centre with the ASOBO Team, so they can sit down at each computer in turn and see it happen. maybe then they could zero in on 1 or 2 or maybe 3 key affections. ( I’ll leave the planning for that event up to you, if you are up for it?)

Until you get that event up and rolling, the only thing we can do is try to keep the “variables” to a bare minimum. As long as users that are having problems keep adding things we will likely keep this carousel turning. Why compound the problem? Until the CTD is solved, stick with the base and report back with any efforts that have fixed or reduced the problem. THAT is the ONLY way this forum can assist the team.

1 Like

My CTDs have been increasing in frequency ever since the US update in December. The sim is now for all practical purposes, unusable. I have undertaken all the recommended troubleshooting, most recently by replacing my 500W power supply with 850 80plus. I have no extras, add-ons and the graphics etc are wound down to low. But most (not all) of the time CTD occurs just after pressing the FLY. I am not particularly PC literate, the only thing I notice is that as soon as the graphics start, the GPU is working at 98%-100%
My advisers now suggest I upgrade my NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER to a better model but frankly, its more money than I care to spend in the absence of any evidence that it might improve thinks. I am ready to give up.

What error message do you see in the event viewer, in relation to this crash? You’ll have seen others post theirs here if you look through the thread, so you know what to look for. Also, is it the same plane or does it crash with any?

VERY unecessary. I run a 2060 Super and the sim is like silk. I have no issues with CTD. Yesterday I was trying to assist a friend in getting their system tweaked and had this forum, XBox Game Bar, Task Man Resource manager, Chrome and Photoshop all running along with the sim, while ALT+TABbing back and forth doing screen clips and posting on the forum. The whole time the sim was happily running in the background at 50fps.

Your issue does not sound like hardware. It sounds very much like “in Sim settings”. I will DM you the settings I use and you can give it a try. In the mean time, please do not spend any more money or bother re-installing anything. Waste of time. (and money, obviously)

1 Like

I would put more than 1 cent in MSFS, before very long months, and more, because I would always be afraid that an update would create CTDs again.
But here I am dreaming, because I speak as if the CTD could have been solved in the future.
I don’t want to spread out, but you have to be smart, and no longer be a pigeon who is gently plucked without saying anything.