Crash to desktop without error message

CTD today with FBW A320NX (Experimental).

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 2021-05-06 12:46:32 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: DESKTOP-RAGOSSR
Description:
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6087d3ea
Faulting module name: CoherentUIGT.dll, version: 2.9.5.0, time stamp: 0x5fc6aa59
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000013f507
Faulting process id: 0x43fc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d742831204ec0b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.10.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.10.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\CoherentUIGT.dll
Report Id: b06497b5-c689-45ee-a581-fdb0024fb315
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.10.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App
Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
DESKTOP-RAGOSSR

FlightSimulator.exe
6087d3ea
CoherentUIGT.dll
5fc6aa59
c0000005
000000000013f507
43fc
01d742831204ec0b
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.10.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.10.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\CoherentUIGT.dll
b06497b5-c689-45ee-a581-fdb0024fb315
Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.10.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
App

1 Like

I have a rtx 2070 super and it still CTD 1 in 2 flights goes wrong with no ryme or reason, example - yesterday LA to Washington went fine, today Doha to London and CTD over Turkey, london to Spain fine, really annoying that you dont know if your going to complete the flight and really really annoying when your 3 hours into it what a waste of an afternoon.

Why?..

It is NOT hard to remove any addons so you can retest before posting.

I have been wondering if they even know what exception handling means anymore. They are really not doing a good job here. Since I purchased this sim I spent more time fixing it than flying. Today it didn’t load and again I had to do windows and drivers update then it was able to start. I have lost count of how many times I had to do this. Started the sim and during flight planning yet again CTD. Now for 2 weeks, I can’t complete a single flight. I have stopped complaining about the logbook that doesn’t work since December. ATC text in VR is unreadable as it used to be - the VFR map as well. They seem to be enjoying our agony.

1 Like

Empty community folder, overclocked or not, It really doesn’t matter - it’s only MSFS that is crashing regularly on my system. Even on the startup screen, by the time I get back from getting a cup of coffee, it is gone. To be honest, the alpha version was more stable than all the versions I have been forced to install.

3 Likes

A recent windows update broke the sim as well as quite a few other games. It was not just an MSFS problem.

There was a Windows Update Hotfix for it a few days later. Fortunately most people did not happen to update during the short period the bad Windows Update was out there, you must have been one of the unlucky ones who had the bad one downloaded waiting for a chance to install.

Oh well, I’m into the endless CTD loop again. I tried to begin an Icon A5 flight, crashed about a minute later and ever since I am getting continuous CTDs in the main menu. A dozen restarts later, a couple of different GPU drivers and emptying the community folder didn’t help. It’s as if the game stores its past state and can’t get over it.

Then I tried to launch the game as administrator and it finally let me load a C152 flight. Let’s see how this goes, the 152 never crashes.

edit: as expected, it didn’t crash.

As a reminder to all:

The purpose of the #bugs-and-issues categories is to discuss issues that affect the base simulator. Please do not discuss issues with third-party addons or modifications in this category. These should be filed via the developer’s preferred support method. Let the developer contact MSFS if issues are in the base sim with their product.

If you believe your issue may be caused by a third-party addon/mod, empty your community folder, restart the simulator and try to reproduce the error.

All issues caused by, or involving third-party addons/mods should be reported to the third-party developer. All issues related to the core simulator can be formally reported through Zendesk.

So describing CTD issues has nothing to do with the base “simulator” and needs to be ignored? Is MSFS now establishing a cancel culture about it´s unfit to fly “sim”? LOL

Thus the problem of building softwasre that depends on a lot of add-ons. If we got valid info that would help us troubleshoot, it would definitely help. Exception 0x00000005 at offset 0x0006532f tucked away in an event log isn’t useful for us in the slightest.

Quoting myself…I get this exact exception multiple times a day.

No-one is suggesting that CTD events involving adds be ignored. The purpose of this thread and the Bugs & Issues section in general is to help the developers narrow down problems within the base code.

As Hester noted in his post, any bugs involving 3rd party software needs to be communicated to the 3rd party developer. This will ensure they can look at the incompatibility at their end and if they deem MSFS to be responsible, they will communicate that up the hill.

This is one of the few threads that is closely monitored for useful information. Code problems not under direct control of ASOBO, are not useful in solving the base instability.

I get your point that people providing results on the bare-metal sim is helping to fix the issues with their core, undisturbed sim. On the other hand, an add-on should not ever be allowed to crash the sim for many reasons, not least of which is it tarnishes the sim’s reputation. At some point they’re going to have to address this.

3 Likes

I finally stopped flying the JF Arrow 3 and switched to the Mooney. CTDs which were very frequent have totally stopped. Almost a dozen 100 mile+ flights with zero problems. I can’t believe it.

2 Likes

I get it every time I start the sim.

For me it didn’t matter which aircraft. I only have the default planes. CTD also happens when on the main menu.

1 Like

I just had three CTDs in a row flying the JF Arrow 3. Going to try the sme flight with the Carenado Arrow.

Got my very first CTD today. New system since Februari.

5900X
6800XT
32gb g.skill @3600
X570 unify

All stock settings, NO OC

Community folder is empty, no add ons whatsoever.

Simulator and windows and GPU drivers are up to date.

No crash log.

I don’t know why it happened.

Alright. I understand. Thanks

Please see this reminder here:

This goes for all categories in #bugs-and-issues