Crash to desktop without error message

Just a tip. You can copy/paste the text from those images instead.

1 Like

Please ensure that you have installed the English Lang pack US :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for trying to help me. I tried all of this solutions as mentioned, the c++ version, Pagefile, no overclocks, empty community folder. I even fly on lo graphic settings and have disabled powersaving on USB pheriphials. The crashes are really random. I cannot reproduce them.

I think there is something in the code of the game. If you think about it, no CTDs should appear, even if you have overclocked your hardware or the page file has been set to “automatic”. Why is MSFS reacting so sensitively here? This cannot be passed on to the users.

You are a life saver mate. Changing it to English language US pack has done the trick. I’ve managed to launch the game and its now installing the game.

Thanks so much for your help :+1:

1 Like

Hi,
I had a similar issue to you guys.
For me the culprit was the Nvidia 471.11 driver. Once I reverted to 466.77 , I never crash to desktop again.
with 471.11 it was impossible to make a normal flight.

I’ve recently had this issue. It originally occurred during loading, but on occasion would be while flying. Every crash made the next CTD more inevitable.
Checking a couple of forums, another user managed to ID the cuprite being a recent spitfire update.
I own the Spitfire, and once that was removed from the community folder, I stopped having issues.

Perhaps this helps?

Interesting, I also own the Spitfire and am having CTD issues but wouldn’t expect this to impact the sim when flying a different plane.

Neither did I, but here we are. Did you delete(or remove) the folder from the community folder? Did it work?

It worked for me.

For crying out loud. Did the full install last night and it worked like a dream. I have tried to launch today and its crashing at the black screen again. I’m gutted as I thought it was sorted once and for all. I’ve checked and its still English language US pack so god knows what the problem is now

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60c0b1e3
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.789, time stamp: 0x2bd748bf
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000007286e
Faulting process id: 0x38cc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7733cae150e6b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.17.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: 24cc234f-c281-4129-b4bb-1a42782cfc7b
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.17.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Didn’t resolve CTD for me :frowning:

Currently on G out of Z on my letter by letter quest to figure out my CTD.

EDIT - I’ve isolated my CTD to an addon starting with the letter L or K! I’ll report back once I figure it out, I’m sure it’ll help at least one person.

EDIT 2 - kjxn-airport-elw-v1-1 was my culprit from Flightsim.to, left the dev a comment to get it fixed. Seems they also had another issue with this same airport where it previously broke all airport services.

1 Like

What is your windows version? And what driver version of your 3080 r u using.
Install this first: Download Visual C++ Redistributable für Visual Studio 2015 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Hi mate,

Its Windows 10 Home version 21H1 and my driver for the 3080ti is version 471.11

I am having the same exact problem!
Momentarily loss in internet connection results in immediate CTD.

This was not happening before the latest update. Have you found any solution to the issue yet?

This fixed my issue, I disable the windows audio service, start the game, it works fine, and then reenable it after starting the game. Annoying hope a fix is developed.

1 Like

I had same issue
I found that might be the problem of Bluetooth headphone.
after re-plugin the USB reciever, game alive again.
Logitech G533

Unfortunately, I did not find a solution now. I made Zendesk aware of this issue and hopefully it gets fixed in one of the next updates. Would you be so kind, if you have not already, post the CTD error to Zendesk so they get aware that it might be a bigger issue not only releated to me. The more people post the issue, the more the chance that it gets fixed.

Best regards

Hello. Same here. Could you please specify, how I could also make Zendesk aware of the problem.

Use the Support button at the top of the page.

I’am not sure whether this is a game issue. I guess it’s more a windows and/or sound-driver thing. May be you can check whether a new sound-driver is available ( e.g. mainboard support page if you use onboard sound ). I remember another user reported same for different game. Unfortunately is the other topic about closed…

sorry… missed that post…

You can try the windows audio “workaround”… or… have you installed these seagate toolkit ?