Crash to desktop without error message

I found that there are 2 problems about the crash at the start.

1. seach “services.msc” → windows audio Endpoint Builder & windows audio–> de-active
    the game will work normally, then active the 2 audio again, voice will com back
  2. Bush trip - Pyrenees and ALPS update will crash the game everytime.

Hi,
you just go to https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us page and press Submit a Request at the top right. Then you just follow the insturctions and post th CTD Event log from the Eventviewer.
I hope that helps.

1 Like

Try this! It solved my problem.
search and type “msconfig” and stop the “Nahimic” servics.
Then restart your PC and MS2020

If you stop those services, then restart the PC, the services will restart as well. Do you mean Disable the services?

Correct!
I confirmed that disable “Windows audio” and “Windows audio endpoint builder” will let the game launch normally, but after restart the PC, these services come back again.

If you see there’s Nahimic on service.(from msconfic–>services)
Disable the service. After the PC restarted, it will not launch again.
And you don’t need to deal with Windows audio and endpoint builder.
That might help.

1 Like

can you check which version is installed ( e.g. C:\WINDOWS\system32\NahimicService.exe , NahimicSvc64 , … ) ? Or also realtek driver version…

Have you sound-tools running like sonic radar ?

Does’nt install latest sound-drivers from mainboard support page help ?

First flight post the latest Windows update. No CTD. Also reverted back to fullscreen mode from windowed. Will try again today. Fingers, toes and bumpsadaisy crossed.

I suspect many CTDs are RAM related. Just because every other app under the sun can run well with your XMP profiles the sim might not. That’s my experience anyway, my 14CL ram runs sweetly at 3800MHz in all but MSFS where an ounce over 3600 will lock up after a while. It’s probably a limitation on the way rolling caches work and not really a bug.

Does the issue go away if you disable the rolling cache?

How would I know, I don’t have the problem anymore? It’s the first thing I’d try if I did though. Mind you we could all wait till the 27th as ram handling is THE major upgade.

The way you wrote that made it look like you had personally had that issue, and drew the conclusion the RAM overclock was affected by rolling cache. That’s all, which is why I asked.

I had it and I cured it by dropping back to 3600MHz. I’m not going to be a test bed for everyone else though. After the upgrade I will test it again at the higher speed.

1 Like

That’s your prerogative, but remember that position if you post about a bug, and want others to corroborate. The community works best if everyone helps.

1 Like

Alright you win! … half an hour with disabled cache is all I giving you and it wil be in a default aircraft with no add ons. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Well that didn’t take long, as soon as I switched to the Cessna Caravan I got kicked out whereas previously it has always been in flight. I wonder if Windows 11 has anything to do with it? … My rolling cache theory was only based on that none of my other apps use it. I could always be wrong.

Quite possibly. Windows 11 isn’t officially out yet, and thus not supported. If it works for you, that’s great, and useful testing, but if you go to MS/Asobo for support they will likely tell you to install Windows 10 before they help.

It may not be anything to do with Win11 at all, but that would likely be their first request.

I agree … and at least I know how to fix mine

1 Like

Uh huh! now GTA kicked me out of their benchmark precisely as the jet was flying towards the city which also possibly means cache flushing or loading problems. I am definitely pushing my ram to it’s limits but that didn’t happen under W10.

Think it’s back to safe territory and 3600 meg for me

1 Like

It does sound like you are hitting the limits of what you memory is happy with. It could also be voltage dependent. It’s also one of the reasons why the general advice is to remove any overclocks as part of an attempt to regain simulator stability.

For my crashes the vast majority have been down to some known issue, or at least heresay from many people. For me my crashes were predominantly GPS mod dependant. Turn off airway messages, and the problem goes away.

But it does leave a couple which as far as I am concerned are as yet unexplained.

If I fly the Arrow, and I have both the 530, and 750 mods active at the same time, even if the plane spawns with the 750 loaded, and I haven’t been shuffling through the GPS’s via the pad, the sim will most likely crash at some point. It’s not guaranteed, but it does happen enough for me to suspect it. The error messages in the event log seem unique also. If I ensure that only one of those mods are active then I don’t get crashes.

The other one, which Zendesk neatly closed down, and considered solved when I posted my workaround, was regarding crashes while on group flights with lots of other people flying a plane I did not have loaded. In that particular case the majority were flying the 152 backcountry modded plan. When I was anywhere near the pack, I got stuttering. When I landed at one stop, and taxied over to where the group was the sim crashed. It did this twice. On the second crash I downloaded the modded plane, and spawned in it. I had no stuttering, or crashes for the next two hours.

I think that last one seems to be a variant of the issue where planes you have minus a community livery caused a crash. In this case, it was a plane mod for a default aircraft. So in effect I had the 152 installed, but not the liveries the mod ships with. This was never acknowledged as an issue.

I think this is a unique scenario. If I fly with people that had a plane I haven’t bought it’s not an issue. But a modded plane, which appears as its own individual plane to be selected, plus its own liveries, is. An example of this might be a group flight of those with one of the GotGravel mods. If everyone was flying the Vertigo, but I didn’t have that mod installed, because I have the default aircraft installed on which the Vertigo is based, I would likely get the stuttering then crash. It only seems to occur when in the vicinity of a large number of them, though. Like errors are piling up in the SDK window, if you had it loaded, and you have no way of viewing or clearing them if you don’t.

independent of that we come really out of topic… I can’t believe that there is any difference noticeable by human eyes in case 3600 → 3800 RAM speed :wink: