Crash to desktop without error message

yes, piece of art, i would say piece of live art, not just good or awesome or whatever, it’s alive, and so that’s why every single minus looks like huge contrastable mud dirt poopoo… for example when you flight bum disconnect, and instead little message, bum! all screen closed, and this windows glitch btw, no cursor for push ok, so you need now press esc key, and then they write little green message “connected successful” why?! why not same red message “connected lost” reconnect it and then that green message… why, when i landing or take of or even on cruise, i have to fight with that nonsense? i just don’t understand motivation, of people, who do exactly that thing, i simple primitive idiot, who very annoyed by stuff like that, but i human too(similar in any way)… why that’s genius couldn’t be more simple? i understand when ■■■■■■ like me don’t understand quantum mechanic, but people who can coding, creative interface makers, why they do stuff like that?!

2 Likes

This time the sim crashed on the loading screen, I created a flight from Basle to Nice. Error code is c0000005 again.

I already spawned at that airport with a turboprop plane and had no problems, maybe its the A32NX’ fault.

After the SU5 hotfix, I haven’t been able to keep the game running for more than 15 minutes. I’ve never seen so many CTDs maybe since Battle Cruiser 3000. If you know what that was, kudos!!!

3 Likes

If that’s the FBW A320 Asobo says it needs a fix so don’t use it

you still get these error number… Thus, as assumed, it points again more to an issue with your system.

We gave you some hints about pagefile settings , checking free disc space and do a “sfc /scannow” check. You tried that in meanwhile ?

2 Likes

I know it very well, and was there during the great Usenet flame wars with Bill Huffman.

1 Like

Well hopefully they don’t drag their heels on it… myself and many others on here were CTD for 6 months and nothing was done by MS/ASOBO in that time, until this update, SU5 and now I’ve been able to do 10 flights back to back… I hope they get it sorted for you guys, I changed everything in my system thinking it was my end that was the problem… So dont make that mistake

Ever thought it might not be your system or Asobo but something else running on your PC? Did you file crash reports etc?

I simply can’t start a flight from Lisbon LPPT, CTD in the first second. Is this supposed to be a $100 game?

1 Like

Hi guys! For what it’s worth, I just found a way to correct my CTDs.
In my case, I had CTDs on the first loading screen after the “Checking for updates” screen since the release of SU5. It happened 100% of the time and I didn’t succeed to reach the main menu once since there.

Moreover, I checked all the recommendations before updating the sim, I emptied my Community folder, stopped all external software that could interfere with the sim. I even suppressed the rolling cache as well as the Content.xml file (as already found as a solution on this forum) which is located here (for the steam version): C:\Users\LocalUser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator.

All of these steps didn’t help me to solve my CTD problem, even after yesterday’s hotfix…

However, not losing hope, I tried again this morning. I looked back into Content.xml file to see which packages were loaded at the start of the sim and saw that FranceVFR Landmarks, a payware add-on from the marketplace was in there. As it already caused me some problems in the past, I suppressed it from the Official packages.

I also checked the different folders in C:\Users\LocalUser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator and I observed in the “Packages” and “SimObjects” folders some files related to some liveries from FBW A32NX mod and some other liveries which should not be there as I install all my Add-ons on a separate Drive and use MSFS AddonsLinker to load them in-game.

So, I suppressed all the files which should not be there. I restarted my PC.

And here it is, the sim loaded without any CTD after 3 days of hard try.

I tried a flight with the C172 and all went perfectly except the trim wheel problem which has also been reported on this forum.

I’m now updating all the World Updates content and then I’ll try to add some add-ons again.

I hope my experience could help some of you guys.

2 Likes

Root out any non Asobo from official is what I’ve been saying for days, does anyone take any notice? … Of course not!

1 Like

Sorry was your question directed at me

Funny enough it was … fire away

Thanks, but sadly it didn’t work here - I did the same cleanup, but I’m still crashing 5 seconds into the world map.

1 Like

It was a fresh install on a formatted SSD… Nothing else on the drive

Well at least that was sensible but then it’s Windows WHQL drivers which are never up to date. I’m not saying MSFS is perfect either, there are changes like disabling virtualisation in Bios that you shouldn’t have to make.

After WU3 the ■■■■ hit the fan… CTD 4 out of 5 flights and it stayed like that for 6 months after changing everything except PSU… SU5 CTD solved for me anyway… Xmp enabled, CPU OC’d running as smooth as anything and I’ve seen some of the other guys on here that was having the same problem their CTD has stopped also had to be the Sim, no other answer for it

The extra performance means two out of the three, CPU, ram and GPU are working harder than before the update, the straw that broke the camels back comes to mind.

2 Likes

I formatted my windows and just installed MSFS, it worked, everything is working fine! It’s the only solution I found

I am still experiencing this issue after the latest patch. I really wish asobo could do something about this as the sim is pretty much unplayable still.

Running a GTX 1080 ti (overclocksd with MSI afterburner) with a i7 6700k OC to 4.6ghz on a mp 600 m.2 drive

2 Likes